Yellow Flag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of HU

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

SOPA and PIPA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lol1991
Boss
Boss
lol1991

SOPA and PIPA Empty
PostSubject: SOPA and PIPA   SOPA and PIPA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:25 am

Copy pasta from LAM
Quote :

Alright, seeing as no posts concerning this have come up, I'll just make one myself

SOPA, Stop Online Piracy Act, and PIPA, the Protect Intellectual Property Act are two pieces of american legislacion that would allow them to severely fuck with the core structure of the internet

For one, it would allow them to DNS block any website from ISPs within the states. This is essentially the same method has the one employed by China, know as the Golden Wall.
Secondly, it would allow for the cutting of funds and adds to companies located within the states, and to the shutdown of USA hosted servers

And worst of all, the power to do so would be placed in the hands of the major companies, such as the MIAA and other similar companies.

I cannot stress how BAD this is. It is essentially internet censorship and the destruction of one of the things that makes the internet beautiful. The freedom of expression: Furthermore, it will not stop internet piracy, as there are ways to circumvent the DNS block. It only blocks domains (the name) and using the IP you can still access the site. It is essentially though, going to stunt business models that utilize the digital distribution capacity of the internet

And if you MUST fight piracy (which in of itself is something I defend for various reasons but are not called for here), support the OPEN act, proposed by congressmen Issa (a far more acceptable bill. I don't know the exact details however)

Now how can you fight this? Phone or contact your local politicians. Not just in american. Foreigns too. Facebook groups, twitter, the works. As you know, Wikipedia went black last January the 18th in protest. The SOPA bill hearings was postponed for February, but it's not dead

At the same time, it is a perfect chance to push back the numerous censoring legislation put in place. The already in place laws were enough for them to take down Megaupload (although, there are other factors here, and the people in charge fucked up by taking advantage of the piracy potential of their own site)

So yeah, fight this thing. Go to youtube for links on exactly what it entails
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a site for general information

Remember, people shouldn't be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people
Unless you want a distopian future ruled by corporations and corrupt politicians, start fighting back
Back to top Go down
https://theyellowflag.forumotion.com
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

SOPA and PIPA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA   SOPA and PIPA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:27 am

How the hell can we fight back?

Also alot of people were paranoid about the Patriot Act, and it's implications and it was proven they were just paranoid. But anyway Obama is against the bill, but then again if it's 2 to 3 then well shit.
Back to top Go down
lol1991
Boss
Boss
lol1991

SOPA and PIPA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA   SOPA and PIPA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am

Obama was going against the NDAA and look, that shit passed.

In case you don't know, the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) allows the US government to arrest people on American soil if there's grounds for terrorism accusations

Basically, it allows them to threat US soil as a battleground.

Welcome to police state, population: All of the USA
Back to top Go down
https://theyellowflag.forumotion.com
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

SOPA and PIPA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA   SOPA and PIPA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 am

That's why I just said, oh well because even if Obama is against it the shit can pass.

They already took down Megaupload, I hope it's not a prelude for worst shit to come to the internet. Feburary will tell. Black Month hopefully Obama can feed off black month luck and repel the bill.

NDAA well shit im half nigerian, guess there gonna lock my ass up cuz of that guy who tried to fuck up that plane. And Yeah I feel it coming.

The People vs The Government, People's revolution it's coming! I feel the corruption seeping into the USA, honestly Anonymous is gonna start a revolution if they can expose the shit the USA is doing behind closed doors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOPA and PIPA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA   SOPA and PIPA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOPA and PIPA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yellow Flag :: Others :: Politics-
Jump to: