Yellow Flag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of HU

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Internet Relay Chat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lol1991
Boss
Boss
lol1991

Internet Relay Chat Empty
PostSubject: Internet Relay Chat   Internet Relay Chat I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 am

So what's IRC?

It's kind of like messenger, only far better when it comes to chatting in general. It doesn't require registration (unless you want to secure a particular nickname for your exclusive use, or what moderation privileges)

You have two methods. Either download an irc client (I use mIRC, but there are others like Xchat for example)
Or go to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mibbit is a very good online chart room. However, if you want, you can download mIRC here:

mIRC is basically the standard for the Internet Relay Chat system

Now, how this works is that you have TONS of servers, each server having channels within them

One can make a temp channel just from logging onto one that doesn't exists, and from there, register it and thus make a permanent one. It's what I ended up doing.

Now, after you've opened the mibbit link, there's the "launch mibbit webchat" to the left. Obviously open it.

Now, you've arrived at a page that asks you a few things. Now, first off, there's the serve. The server the channel is hosted on is rizon

After that, choose whatever nick you want. If you want to make that nick permanent, scroll down for the tutorial

Then just type in our channel. It's #HeroesUprising (or #yellowflag for general topics)

You should arrive at the channel immediately

As for mIRC, there should be a small thunderbolt icon at the top left corner, this is the connect icon
Once you are connected, input the follow command

/server rizon

And then

/join #HeroesUprising.

Easy as that

And if you want auto op in the channel (basically a mod) here's a quick guide on how to register your nick on the mibbit server. Once you do that, and I give you op status in the channel, it'll always come on when you log in.

Once you go onto irc, in the main window, type:

/ns register password (pick something easy to remember) your_email

You should then receive an email in the address you provided. It should have a code. Take that code and type

/ns confirm confirmation_code

CERTAIN EMAILS DO NOT WORK AND DO NOT GET THE EMAIL WITH THE CONFIRMATION CODE! I've gotten issues with netcabo (PT email...you shouldn't have it lol) , yahoo and hotmail.
Gmail I think works every time.

And that should do it. You'll have to type the password in the main window every time. For that, the command is

/msg nickserv identify your_password

I don't have any OPs in the channel at the moment, except my bot because I'm lazy about changing topics D:

But if it grows...well we'll see eventually
We share the irc with another forum.

And that's it really

EDIT:
Another option for firefox users is chatzilla

It's similar to mibbit. If you use firefox, this might be a better option, as mibbit is know to be buggy at times
Back to top Go down
https://theyellowflag.forumotion.com
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Internet Relay Chat   Internet Relay Chat I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Can we bring it back?
Back to top Go down
lol1991
Boss
Boss
lol1991

PostSubject: Re: Internet Relay Chat   Internet Relay Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:56 pm

We're no longer using internet relay chat

Instead

Just go there
Back to top Go down
https://theyellowflag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Relay Chat   Internet Relay Chat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet Relay Chat
Page 1 of 1