Yellow Flag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of HU

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Alternate DC Uprising

Go down 
+5
Mike B
LuckyMan
shinigamiriku
justinlynch3
Marvel
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolvena

Wolvena

Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Rosie Rawlins

Rosie grit her teeth and sighed heavily. It was clear this guy wasn’t leaving anytime soon. Even with her threat of shooting him. His determination to get her mechanical horse from her was getting to her. It was also quite tempting to put a bullet between his eyes and call it done, but she knew that wasn’t the way to get this situation taken care of. Plus, it would bother her later on in the day and he would learn nothing from all of this. “Now listen here ya, Addle-headed B’hoy (Empty-headed/not smart ruffian)!” she said sternly. “I ain’t givin’ up my steed to the likes of ya! Besides, Dunderhead (blockhead/idiot), ya couldn’t handle this Bangtail!” she continued, glaring hard at the man in front of her. The man glared back at her, despite being confused by some of her words. Then a grin came upon his face. “It’s just a stupid robot. It can’t be that hard to control.” A smirk came to her lips at his words, followed by a laugh. “Ya would think that ya, Dunderhead.” she laughed. Twirling her pistol on her index finger, she brought it back and slid it into its holster.

Rosie then rested an arm on the horn of her saddle and leaned on it, pushing up her hat with a finger as the man spoke once more. “I know for a fact I could ride that stupid thing!” he bellowed, growing angry at her repeatedly calling him a Dunderhead. Rosie’s smirk grew even bigger at his words. “Alright, Dunderhead, ya care to make a wager to make this more interesting?” She saw the man clench his teeth at being called a Dunderhead once again, which only made her smirk more. “What do you have in mind?” he asked. “If ya can get on this horse and make it to the end, it’s yours.” she started, gesturing to the end of the street. “Sounds easy enough.” he interrupted. “If ya can’t…. I’ll let ya use yer imagination.” she said as she continued to smirk. She was sure he wouldn’t make it down to the end of the street. Yes, the horse was a machine, but ‌it tended to have a mind of its own‌. Without hesitation, he agreed with a look of pure confidence on his face. Rosie was always up for a good wager; she knew she could win.

Leaning back up in her saddle, Rosie swung her left leg over the saddle horn and slid out of the saddle. She then walked away from her mechanical horse and turned to face the man. Her smirk never left her lips. She knew it was a fifty-fifty chance he’d be able to get his ass in the saddle, but she was damn certain he’d never make it to the end of the street. “If we do have a wager, let’s do this, Dunderhead.” she said, holding out her hand to him. “Yeah, we gotta deal.” he said, taking her hand and squeezing it tight as he shook it. Rosie squeezed his hand just as tight as they shook on the deal. After a moment, they released each other's hand, and he stepped up to the right side of the mechanical horse, then hoisted himself up into the saddle. Rosie stepped back to the wall and leaned against it, crossed her arms over her chest, and waited for the show to begin. It was clear this man had never been on a horse before, but that didn’t stop him from smiling proudly in the saddle, holding the reins in both hands.

Rosie watched the mechanical horse shift on its hooves and its ears lay back against its head. A sure sign something was about to happen. “Get moving, you hunk of bolts!” the man grumbled. He whipped the reins and bounced in the saddle, but the mechanical horse didn’t move an inch. Much to her amusement, a small crowd had gathered to watch on the other side of the street. Many were trying to hold back their laughter at the sight. “Try givin’ em’ a good kick in the sides!” she yelled. He did just that. He gave the mechanical horse a good kick, which resulted in it jumping into step and then bucking wildly. Rosie, as well as the bystanders, stood back and watched the show. She had to admit, it was mildly impressive he was still in the saddle and not on the pavement by now. “Grab the apple if ya need to! It’s that bulbous thing between yer legs on the saddle!” she yelled, fighting laughter. He did just that, but it was too late. Before he could get a good grip on the saddle horn, a strong buck threw him off, sending him flying and landing on a parked car's hood.

The entire street roared with laughter as the man groaned and slid himself off the hood and onto his feet. “I tried to warn ya, Dunderhead.” she laughed, pushing herself off the wall. “It ain’t as easy as ya think it is to ride one of those.” Rosie then quickly drew one of her pistols and fired, shooting his belt buckle, causing it to break and his pants to fall to his ankles, and further his humiliation in front of the clapping and laughing throng. Holstering her gun, she ran up to her metal steed, she jumped up into the saddle from the rear, and took hold of the reins in her left hand. Taking her hat off with her right hand, she looked at the throng and dipped her head, then placed the hat back on her head before her metal steed reared up. With a click of her tongue, her steed took off down the street at a full gallop, weaving around people until finding a place not so crowded so she could breathe.

justinlynch3 and Marvel like this post

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 11:57 pm

The Battle hadn't dragged on much between Rush & Zoom. Rush was obviously the superior speedster, having both the positive & negative aspects of the speed force at his disposal, and superior amounts of both compared to Agent Zoom.

"Who the hell are you, ain't no way someone this fast just got there powers from that accelerator, or at least they wouldn't be this good with them." Zoom spoke out, blood gushing from his wounds, the combination of positive & negative had negated his own healing factor.

"Oh come now, I been told you what the deal is bruh, the Multiverse, you a clone of Thawne, I know yeen ain't stupid motherfucker, but shit don't really matter, cuz I'm finna remove yo ass, honestly probably doing yall a favor, that mf Thawne find out he got an actual copy cat of him running round he finna break out TBI and come fuck yall up more then Kadabra with his 64th century gizmos." Rush grinned clearly his story was true, and he had superior knowledge of not only the multiverse, but the timeline of this earth even thougjh he didn't originate from it.

"So you've spoken with Luthor I presume, ya know I thought your energy felt familar, it reminds me of the Still Zone, I'm guessing you was the battery, and not by choice either, tsk tsk. All that speed, and you wound up unwittingly being the pawn to make all of Luthor's prisoners slow, must have been pure hell for a speedster, so why you wanna wipe me out, instead of working together to purge him from this world." Zoom was trying to salvage his life know, he knew he was fighting a loosing battle, but in truth his left hand behind him was vibrating itching for a chance to plow it through Rush's skull and win the fight through deception.

He screamed in pain as his left arm exploded Rush instantly behind him and phasing his other hand through Zoom's chest. "You thought I'd fall for that, now as a parting gift I'll be taking your speed so what happens next will be too fast for you to experience, buh bye now." Rush's eyes glowed red as he drew on the negative speed force, then a white glow as he took from the positiv, and combined he ripped Zoom's speed from his body, draining him then made his arm physical through Zoom's chest killing him. He phased the arm out and pushed his dead speedless body to the ground, then ran at super speed to the monitor toom to send out emergency alerts to corresponding law enforcement agencies, jammed a thumb drive into the main monitor to unleash a virus to delete the recent security camera footage, and finally whisked himself away at the speed of light from the torn apart lab Zoom had invaded, with the remaining scientists connected to Project Gemini.

Within the hour Diana was present looking at the carnage, as where ARGUS agents. She made a private call to Clark. "It looks like a mess, and looks like the work of Eobard Thawne, but his clone is here and dead. Security Footage's been ransacked, but my gut tells me that the new ARGUS Director seems a little too non chalant about our mysterious speedster killing."

"Meaning what Diana?" Clark asked with an aprehensive tone on the other end of the line whilst sitting in the oval office tapping his thumbs against the tapestry of the desk.

"You know what that means, we need to call in the heroes, if we're gonna get to the bottom of this, we'll need them, because when it comes to getting the truth from ARGUS, led by Waller's grand daughter of all people we're on our own." Diana hung up the p hone, flashing a fake friendly smile to Dawn Waller, the current Director of ARGUS, and after some forced small talk, left the ruined laboratory looking back at it briefly before flying into the sky.
Kara received a private call from her cousin, and had a grim look on her face before turning to her team. "It seems we truly will have our work piled up, in terms of making the world view aliens, and metas with powers as not all bad people. My cousin, the President just informed me that they have a major fiasco on their hands, and ARGUS isn't being all too co-operative, while we don't want to butt heads with the world's largest international intelligence agency, especially as they are an essential glue to help pull the world's international community back into a working relationship after the strain the United Empire put on said relations, they are clearly hiding something. Agent Zoom of the Light was murdered in cold blood, as well as all the scientists in a facility linked to something called Project Gemini, and as Zoom was one of the victims we can only assume our killer is a speedster, a very fast one at that."

Kara could recall the battle when she was with Sandra, Kano & Tanya and they faced off against Blackfire, Carmen, Zoom & Gale/Power Girl, with Zoom & Carmen proving to be the most dangerous opponents. "Zoom was deemed okay to work in the new USA, while the other three of Luthor's private super attack force where issued warrants, Blackfire & Gale were apprehended weeks ago, whilst Carmen has been in hte wind. But someone broke Blackfire & Gale out of prison yesterday morning, in the blink of an eye, and slaughtered all the guards the camera footage shows the guards standing, and the next second there all dead, more proof that we're dealing with a murderous speedster, the level of power & speed shown so far alludes to the fact that this meta did not gain their powers three weeks ago, the forces are among the greatest powers in the universe, and not something one could learn to harness at such mastered levels in three weeks of time."

"Great so we're dealing with an evil speedster? Fuck, Well I don't know why no one's brought this up, but I'll be the first one to speak. I think we should track Stuart down, he defected from Luthor, & played an instrumental role in taking down Lexaniac, which is the only reason he was pardoned, but his pardon is being called into review by the international community due to accusations of war crimes he commited for the united empire, and according to files I read before Hideout X was decimated, he's went awol, if anyone has knowledge of a speedster tied to Luthor's private superhuman killers then it would be him, aside from that I would think shutting down Edge & Intergang should be another top priority if we're trying to make super people look good, we don't need a group running around trying to use their powers for crime, and illegal profit running loose in a world now filled with millions of new people with powers." Filipe concluded, he was distraught over Rachel's death, and as such was colder then usual, a result of trying to bury himself in work, as now he was not only dealing with the loss of his daughter Gally, but also his wife as well, and many of his closest friends such as Yamairo, James, Anna & William.
"We'll I'm just glad to be around familar faces." Sean stated, trying to get the team together, and ready for their mission. "So I guess we need to figure out how to spring a trap for TBI, we should set the trap elsewhere not on Asgard, but also in an area that not populated with civilians."

"I'll say I'd certainly appreciate that, anything to not turn Asgard into a battle ground for a war against an enemy who has time literally on their side." The booming voice came from Kano who appeared froma. portal walking through he grabbed his hammer which was converted back into the hammer shape from the portal as he went to hug Sandra, and gave a welcome wave to the others. "But alas even though we must stick to our duties, I won't sit idly by and watch you all perish, but please remember the asgardians although gods, and stronger then mere mortals, wield nowhere near the power of me and Queen Tanya." Kano didn't mean to diminsh the power of his people, but only to point out that while asgardians were more durable then humans, they were not invincible, with many members of even the team present being stronger then a regular asgardian soldier, unlike the olympians who for the most part all wielded great power, although similarly the named asgardian gods wielded powers that were above the level of standard nameless asgardian soldiers.

"Listen Jon you need help, and Heimdall here is here courtesy of King Kano & Queen Tanya to help us make sure you get it." Heimdall had the power of divine oversight, meaning he could observe the entirety of Asgard and many places on a planet of his choosing, in this case his power was focused on earth. They needed to get Jon clean, and Heimdall had offered to watch the kryptonian hybrid to ensure he didn't give into his addiction and run off and take more XK. Kano had cast a spell transporting Heimdall, Jon, Amy & Morgan to a private dungeon he'd formed with runic magic where red sunlight lights were implanted in the ceiling dampening Jon's powers, but made the dungeon room look more like a hotel/condo. A massive cup appeared in his hand. "This here is a cup filled with water from the well of mimir magically infused with blue kryptonite, designed by Lord Kano to function as a perfect detox medication."

Jon eyed the bottle with unease, as his cravings clawed at him, the red solar lights in the ceiling where not pumping at full power, as Kano was made aware of his overdose, and knew that making him fully human could result in his XK cravings outright killing him, as a normal human couldn't wistand the level of XK abuse he'd been doing, but they were enough to dampen him to half power, making him more then easy enough to restrain by the likes of Morgan, Amy & Heimdall. "I..I don't know about that, I'm not really a fan of magic, but even so can't he just wave his hands, and make me okay?" Jon said contradicting himself by asking for an outright mystical solution to his supposed problem, rather then taking the middle ground manifested for him, which would work much better as it was basically the perfect detox for XK crafted by some mystical assistance for it's creation, but the actual medication wasn't magical itself.

"And where would that leave you, magically wiping the slate, might improve your body's physical state, but mentally you'd be just as hooked on the XK, albeit without a tolerance true enough, using what has been provided is a middle ground, allowing you to actually detox, and survive withdrawals, without having a magic cheat sheet to skip through all the unpleasantness of removing this poision from your body." Heimdall vanished from the room leaving only Jon, Morgan & Amy. Morgan was able to actually read Jon's thoughts in his weakened state and frowned.

"Jon we're only trying to help you, please."

"Stay the fuck out my mind martian!" Jon snarled with out of character anger, but also furthering his growing inferiotity complex that he was in a state when Morgan's psionic powers could effect him, and was filled with an irrational hatred of the two, and over whelming desire to want to overpower them, break out and retrieve his hidden XK stashed away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 1:14 am

Jesse had settled into his new position at CSI quickly, at CCPD and his dad had a legendary career there, so he felt like he had much to live up to. Already the head of the division Marty West seemed to have something against him, even though her own father Joe West had taken his father Barry in when his dad was originally framed for the murder of his mother that they found out that Eobard Thawne, aka the original Reverse Flash was behind, and who Agent Zoom was cloned from, and convinced by Luthor that he was the original, working his way up into the top ranks of the Light. While the world was working on rebuilding post united empire, Jesse wanted to ensure that Clark's tendency to see the best in people didn't help some of the higher ups in the united empire who were deep into the Light escape justice as war criminals, especially the more savy power hungry ones who weren't a part of this climatic last stand with remaining uber devoted Light soldiers fighting militaries across the world. Although he wanted to zero in on the Light Elite, Lex's own sister Lena had been betrayed, nearly killed & framed by him, he was aware of the role she played in developing a duplicate of the kryptola vaccine free of Brainiac's probes prior to the final battle against Lexaniac & Galactus prior to the global Particle Accelerator explosion that had branded millions of DC natives into metas.

"So what's all this news about Velocity being the new hero in town." Another person approached, an officer Julian Ross, who was Jesse's for lack of a better term handler. "Funny how he sweeps into town, the same time as you Mr. Allen." Julian spoke with an acusatory tone glaring at Jesse who gulped and tugged at the collar of his shirt.

"Look man, I don't know what the hell your trying to imply, Velocity ain't the only meta who's in Central as of lately, thousands of other citizens are walking around with powers, maybe he felt the need to speed into town because he's a metahuman too." Jesse retorted, as he spun around in the chair he was in grabbing a microscope to further anaylze some more data from a recent crime scene.

"Yeah that makes the most sense, your way too timid not to mention slow to be a speedster, I don't know what I was thinking, I mean your father was a legendary CSI in our department, and your not living up to even half of his potential." Julian said now tone changing to more dismissive and lackluster then accusatory. In spite of the convo changing to a direction that was less pecarious to his double identity, he didn't appreciate the handler officer speaking down on the Allen name. What made it worse was the fact that his grandfather had been framed for killing his paternal grandmother by the original Reverse Flash, Eobard Thawne, and even though his own father Barry had cleared his name after 14 years, there were still those who suspected the late Henry Allen to this day, made even worst by the fact that his own father Barry had also been framed for murder, and even sentenced for a period of nearly 2 months till Team Flash cleared his name, but as with his grandfather there were still those in the department among his peers who looked at him with distrust.

"Officer Ross, we're having an incident, possible meta attack downtown, we need all units avaiable now! This is urgent! " Jesse looked up at the officer, who frowned.

"We'll resume this later." The officer made his way out, running into his partner outside named Lisa, while Jesse was happy to get him out his hair. He excused himself from the CSI Lab, into the bathroom changing into his costume, and quickly sped off at light speed towards the crime scene hoping to beat officer petty to the location, and handle the metahuman threat.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 1:54 am

Tesla added in "We should pick up Jessica too. She hasn't got the Green Lantern experience Jon has, but she's still come a long way since joining SXM. Me and Amy spotted her on the news not too long ago doing a report in Gothem, tat's how we found Jon." Just then a green portal opened and Jessica stepped though. "Sorry I'm late, I got Sandra's message earlier and tried to get off work as soon as I could." Kara and Sandra had agreed earlier Jessica would join Kara's team. Luke was already here but had mostly been quiet. "Welcome Green Lantern. You've joined us at a good time, unfortunately out job just got a bit more complicated then what Sandra may have told you."

-----

"Jon you would never speak to Morgan this way. Look at what this XK is doing to you. You need to get clear of this stuff. The extra power will do nothing for you if you remain prone to outbursts of anger like this." Even though Amy tried to reason with him, it was clear this withdrawal period was going to be rough if Jon didn't take the medicine.

Sandra hugged Kano back when he hugged her. "I know you guys won't go so far as to stand by and let us die. But I understand your need to put your people first as well." Sean mentioned they should pick somewhere unpopulated to spring the actual trap on TBI. "Yes that's a good idea, the less people we put in danger the better." As Jon was taken to get detoxed the biggest question now was what type of trap should they setup for the TBI given all their tech. Something magically would be the best bet probably, but they where short on spell casters right now.

Previously owned - Playstation, Nintendo 64, XBOX, XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 3:17 pm

Filipe was in agreement and was happy to have Jessica present. "Well in all honesty she'll be useful in not only tracking down Stuart, but apprehending him if it comes to that,  niy maybe we'll get lucky for once and it won't come to blows. But then again we've been running low on our supply of luck and hope haven't we?" Filipe's mood soured as he finished his commentary, while he was trying to be helpful, whenever images of of Rachel's bloody headless corpse pierced his mind, he grew quite somber and depressed.

"Alright well Jessica you track down Stuart with your ring, see what he knows about any of Luthor's secrets related to his ex super hit squad, this mystery speedster & any ties they might have together. Take Dale & Hercules along with you." Dale swung over to her in full spiderman costume and landed after a few splits mid air.

"I'm ready to go, kick some ass." Hercules said with a smile as he walked over cracking his knuckles, while Dale shook his head. "Umm I think we're suppose to be looking for clues, not swinging our fists wildly."

"Alright let's go investigate some ass then." Hercules said triumphantly, then paused as he realized how that sounded. "Uhm I mean, Jessica lead the way."

"Yeah and she's never been in my head, maybe I've never had to say nothing before cause my people's minds usually can't be pierced, but I didn't like it the first time Phoenix did it, and I certainly won't tolerate it from that over emotional green skinned annoying ass bitch!!!!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD FREAK!!" Jon was slipping into full force withdrawal rage, his eyes burning with fire as he lasered Morgan who cried out in pain both physical from the heat and emotional from Jon's harsh words. Tears flowed as the beams were the max intensity Jon could manage while at half strength, but being a martian it still did plenty to hurt Morgan.

Tears and purple blood burst from her right arm as she was unable to phase to escape managing to take flight but only to get blasted through a wall hitting the floor outside of Jon's dungeon writhing in pain her face soaked in tears as she just kept saying sorry over and over. "I'm sorry I'm sorry, someone please help me, aaaah AAAH it burns it BUURNS!!!!"

Kano looked to the Queen, then to Sandra and his friends. He made a split second choice, calling upon runic magic to form an cubic square of mystic energy, then encased it in Asgardian metal. "I just created this from runes infused with divine energy. I call it the Runic, it's a cube that will infuse mystic energy into whatever trap you all design for the TBI, although it'll only last for a few hours. While I don't want to see you all get hurt, my direct interference could jeopardize not only the safety of me and Tanya, but all the Asgardians being that I'm. the king. But perhaps the magical power up for the trap provided by the runic cube will give whatever trap you design a much needed edge to compete against your foes no doubt very advanced futuristic tech." Kano wanted to help the heroes, but also make sure to prioritize his wife & kingdom, so he came up with a middle ground to offer the team that could provide mystical help in some form.

Sean went to pick up the cube. "Hmm this might be just what we need, I can use the Quantum Field energies to further enhance the runic, and also design a basic version of the trap with pure energy. Sandra you can infuse it with psionic energies, and cosmic flames, and with my powers I can layer the trap so that everything we put into it hits them in waves one at a time, till we bring them down, and anyone else who wants to add their powers to the trap I can integrate them as well." Sean finished as he used his quantum energies to examine the runic to make sure he could do what he said.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 5:58 pm

"Right..." Jessica said in response to Hercules comment. Her ring scanned her over replacing her business wear with the Lantern suit. "Amy like Hercules said, lets get going. Jessica's ring was able to lock onto Stuart's ring and she opened a portal, the three heroes stepping inside and vanishing as it closed behind her.

-----

This frankly sounded better than Sandra could have hoped for. "Thank you for the gift Kano, this sould aid greatly. Have no fear, we'll be certain not to credit you in any way for this." While the last line was spoken as a light hearted joke, it was understand what Sandra meant, that they wouldn't alert TBI as to where this magic came from.

Meanwhile Amy was appalled by Jon's actions and she backhand stuck him out of anger knocking the Kryptonian back. This led to Jon getting angry and trying to fight back but in his weakened state Amy was able to overpower him. After a brief scuffle Jon found himself with Amy behind him, one arm around his neck in a choke hold and the other hand grabbing his hair. "Look at what this XK is doing to you Jon!" Any said forcing Jon to look at Morgan. "This isn't you, even if Morgan every got into your head, you would never resort to this. To attack and injure a teammate, a Justice League member, one of our closest friends! Think about it Jon. Brainiac, then Gothem, now your own friends! That XK is fucking with your mind, making you irrational. You need to get clean." Amy let go of Jon's hair and grabbed her lasso, wrapping it around Jon and tying him up looking to force Jon to see the error of his ways. She stood back from Jon now holding the lasso, putting herself in between Jon and Morgan.

Amy summoned her sword and plunged it into the ground, charging it with her Olympian lightning empowering the sword so it could not be easily removed, creating her own type of Z Sword basically. She tied her end of the lasso to the hilt of the sword. "I'm getting Morgan help and when I get back you ARE taking the detox, even if I have to feed it to you myself. You simply cannot keep going like this Jon. I refuse to lose the man I love to that XK junk."

Amy turned and walked over to Morgan, scooping the Martain up in her arms she flew back to Kano and Sandra.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 2:00 am

John had went into hiding, it was only a matter of time till it came out that he killed Bruce the first time, although that was one among many actions he'd taken as a traitor.

The world was a mess, Luthor was behind bars, and the bald bastard had tried to reach out to him, among other people but he was a pariah. After the shit he pulled as Lexaniac, even his former closest allies wanted nothing to do with him, not to mention half of them he'd infected with the Brainiac probes despite their prior loyalty to him.

"There's baldy." Hercules pointed out, and John flipped around summoning the lantern uniform, and the green aura pulsating around his body, with Dale spinning webs that latched onto John's hands entrapping them in webbing. "Calm down ring man we're just here to talk."

"Right a conversation huh, well I'm not very talkative." John's spawned an energy axe to slice through the web, and extended it to cut through the other webbed hand. He then formed a massive hammer that extended slamming into Hercules pushing him into a wall, then changed the hammer into a drill slamming it into Hercules smashing through his armor, while Dale cast a spell firing webbing balls that where hard as diamonds and sharp, but John formed a green wall of energy to push it out blocking the sharp web diamonds.  John then charged up his ring and fired a huge blast at Jessica, who returned with a blast, but John caused two beams to spawn from the ring flying outwards and slamming into her from both the left and the right. "I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY! I DIDN'T DO IT, and I don't care what information you think you found, I'm not the one who killed him!!!!!" john screamed convinced they'd found out about his slaughter of Bruce, not knowing the trio was here for information, mostly because they'd tracked him down to his abandon cabin in the forest.
Kano wasn't able to not flash a smile at Sandra's comment, conjuring up magic squares for the SXM, and potentially getting involved with threats to space & time reminded him of the old days working the field with the SXM, Aaron & the Avengers/New Avengers back in the old world.

"Alright my queen let's go, we need to review the conditions of the UN Summit. Enjoy your stay my friends, and hopefully I will not live to regret making the runic for you all." Kano was of course delivering friendly banter with the last comment, but there was a hint of seriousness. With a simple spell using the odinforce/thorforce he teleported himself & Tanya to the private royal quarters to discuss the conditions from/for the upcoming UN summit, while Sean had gotten to work with Cyborg on setting up a trap using the magical runic as a base, so keeping it into a cubic shape.

"Perfect I'm adding some of my tech, we can keep this thing as a cube, and it'll be sort of a bomb, so once it detonates initially it'll latch the mystic energies from Kano, and quantum energies from Sean onto the target to restrain them, then we can douse them in cosmic flames for a second attack mixed with a huge blast from my sonic cannon infused with the flames, then finally another wave of mystic quantum energy along with immense amounts of psionic energy from Phoenix, and Martian Lady." Cyborg discussed as he connected his body to a laptop, and the runic, infusing it with sonic energy, while Sean was using his quantum powers to properly layer it.

"Sandra if you will, infuse the cube with a hefty amount of cosmic flames, and psionic energy,  we should speak with Amy & Jon as well, some heat vision from Jon and mystic lightning from Amy, can serve as another layer, combined this will provide a most potent trap that should bring down the agents, and another measure Cyborg create a techno organic virus to infilitrate their technology, prior to the cosmic flames, and psionics, that way we eliminate their technology's ability to defend against the layers of the trap, plus with the mystic energy combined it should allow you to craft mage tech which will help us account for the huge barrier posed by their advanced futuristic technology in comparison to the modern technology of our world." Sean announced as he finished his analysis of the situation using his advanced quantum senses, and it seemed this trap was coming along perfectly, to be a true powerhouse of a trap.

Just then Amy landed near them with Morgan, whose eyes were filled with tears, and her arm struck by Jon's heat beams covered in purple blood, which was now practically leaking from the large gaping wound in her arm from the max intensity beams. "My god, Morgan what happened!!!" Cyborg cried out seeing his martian team-mate's arm, while Sean rushed over using quantum energy on her arm to stop any further bleeding from the wound, and used a quantum field around her arm duplicating her biology, then creating more of her purple blood to put back in her arm to account for the large amount of blood loss, before turning her over to Phoenix to use her cosmic powers to close the wound, heal/reverse the burned flesh of her arm to back to normal, and fully heal her.

"What happened to her Amy?! Who did this to Morgan?" Sean asked with concern, although he hadn't known her for long, he'd grown close to her, Amy & everyone else on the space mission, including the now deceased Cassandra, while Nick who'd been mostly a recluse up to this point approached causing his skin to turn silver as he tapped into Rider's power cosmic to amplify Sandra's pnoenix energies to rapidly heal Moragn, and also formed a cube of cosmic energy that he then infused into the runic with a teleknetic shockwave.

"I figured Cass would want me to actually pull my weight around here, and help, rather then just sit idly by and wallow in my pain." The Ventro son said finally speaking for the first time since welcoming, and thanking Kano & Tanya when they arrived.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 2:56 am

"So your saying I'll get my freedom if I kill this bastard" Loro gathered energy in his hands then absorbed all the electricity in the area, producing electricity in one hand and energy from another. King, a high ranking ARGUS agent was nearby, he was leading the assignment to capture Milo. From what they heard from their captive Terrell Harrison, it seemed he was too powerful to live. Although Dawn Waller was upset with Terrell's story, feeling it was highly exaggerated. They'd had him captive since shortly after his arrival in the DC world, originally he'd been held captive by the remnants of Cadmus, but thanks to Rush altering the timeline, ARGUS were the people in charge of his captivity.

Dawn approached both King & Loro, with another metahuman named Belle coming with them. "Now listen, you know the deal, if you eliminate this target, then you will both be granted your freedom, but I believe that while Terrell's stories are highly doused with extreme amounts of fantasy, based off the accounts he provided, but in light of that we'll send one more agent from the new and improved Suicide Squad, bring in Thane."

A loud beep went off, then Thane walked in as an agent used a small drill device to implant a chip into his brain, which made him growl, Belle could only smirk. "You thought they was gonna let us waltz outta here to kill this guy, and just have King as our baby sitter, and their team of agents."

King let out a sigh of disdain, and wasn't looking forward to this mission, but just wanted to get it done. In the room they were in there was a huge monitor screen, and it had images of Milo, Sandra, Jon, Amy, Kano, Tanya, & some others on the screen, with different risk levels placed on them. Milo was in dark red, ultimate risk, while Sandra had a regular shade of red that said mega risk alongside Jon, and some others. It was based off power, and behavior, mainly from actions they'd taken since arriving on this world. Sandra's hadn't been hostile, but the displays of power had been extreme, while Jon's power was viewed as far less then Sandra's, but his actions in Gotham were seen as very dangerous to society. Thus why they had the same risk assessment, but had different labels of powers. They'd taken to using the different labels Terrell had provided.

After some chips were installed, Dawn decided to speak. "Now then listen, the target is Milo Ventro, he's the CEO of Ventro Industries, co owned by his mother Angel Ventro. From our street sources, we know that his mother has the ability of precognitive dreaming, allowing her glimpses of the future while dreaming, and that metahuman body guard of hers has the ability of sound manipulation, and his codename is Wave. They also collaborate with the Crosby Crime Family, of whom we know is led by Greg Crosby, and his two sons Troy & Cole Crosby. From our sources we know that Troy has pryokinetic abilities, his brother appears to have no metahuman abilities at least prior to the particle accelerator explosion, and we've got rumors that his father may have an ability similar to Troy's, or at the very least something to do with tampering with the temperature." Dawn explained going through a slide show of different faces, ARGUS was the premier international spy agency, and had resources that no other organizstion on the earth had, and had "inherited" aka confiscated many of the security folders & files from the United Empire, with a big help from Agent Zoom, who'd been granted leniency unlike the rest of his team, for siding with them. Although they had a strict rule, that anyone not targeted by Luthor's Myriad worldwide memory wipe to be untrustworthy, and someone they needed to bring in, among those people was Lena Luthor, whom had escaped prison during the Lexaniac fiasco, and was regarded as dangerous, and a priority pick up, but since she was hiding out at Wayne Manor even there vast resources of intelligence agents hadn't been able to pick her up.

"So what about the so called ultimate mega risk." Thane said as he cracked his knuckles. "I'm happy to smash in his face either way, I'm strong enough to give Wonder Girl a beat down, so I feel. like I can take Superbrat, and this false god." Thane said with rizz, his powers were simple, he was a flying brick, having the ability of flight, superhuman strength, and durability. While Belle had the power of teleportation, & spatial distortion, whilst Loro had the power to absorb & manipulate energy.

"According to Terell his claims of godhood aren't too far fetched from the truth, reports say that he took down some huge cosmic threat, but stories are highly exaggerated." Dawn announced with a stern and serious face. "We do have actual footage of his vast power in combat against enemy forces during the Reach invasion, as well as the final battle against General Zod's elite forces in Washington D.C during the kryptonian invasion, but seeing as how he didn't snap his fingers and turn either forces into dust, or blink them outta existence, we believe Harrison to be lying in his own way to protect his ally. However we do believe there is some truth in this fiction, and that he does have the ability to emulate the powers of other metahumans, perhaps even aliens, but we believe that to be the true extent of his power, and have chosen you three alongside an elite small militia wielding our most advanced weapons, will be more then enough to eliminate Ventro."

Dawn spoke, as the Argus milita came forward, around 30+ soldiers, wearing advanced body armor raided from Bright safehouses, and re-engineered weapons. Dawn explained the three metas chips contained micro bombs with atomic power, that could be remote detonated. The chips would be removed if they were able to kill Fusion, After a short while their mission was settled, and King slipped on his full body armor. "Alright then team move out, we've got a lock on Fusion's location, an underground safe house in Central City, where he's been conversing with a number of wanted international criminals, and others financially affiliated with them for either purely illegal enterprises, front compoanies, or a mix of both, and our snitches have given us viable proof that Ventro is leaving a meeting at the Red Light Club right now, we've planted bombs all over the club, we doubt they pack enough power to slay him, although that would be a present surprise, but it should at least strip the lives of everyone else present, allowing us to focus all our fire power on taking him out."

Dawn was cold, she had no problem eliminating the lives of everyone present, even if everyone there wasn't some major player in the underground market, but just someone providing financial backing, or even purely customers only for the illegal services provided. Dawn waltzed over to King, whispering something in his ear, and handing him a photon rifle with kryptonite. "Take this in case our snitch turns out to be trying to plan a double double cross." Dawn said simply, with King nodding and tucking the weapon away. The information she'd whispered to him was surprising, and somewhat alarming but he didn't show any reaction that was visible with his facial features. Something most soldiers leading this mission wouldn't be able to pull off, as the snitch was none other then Gale, aka the escaped kryptonian project gemini produced clone and former elite meta assassin for Luthor, the now infamous Power Girl.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 10:29 am

Tobias had a smirk on his face and a huge cigar lit in his mouth, as Gale took a seat across from him. The infamous power girl now reduced to an outright criminal. It was almost karmaic for him, although now he wouldn't have minded her being dead, thanks to his new necrokinetic abilities. It meant that even death wasn't enough to get rid of his private militia, and with his ability to restore bodies in the condition they perished in, it was becoming the perfect ability. His powers were growing in strength day by day, and being a powerful mafia boss, he came across plenty of individuals to utilize his abilities on. He'd taken on the alias Mister Grim, fitting for his powers, and now his underground security & extortion operation in Gotham & Central was expanding.

"So you tell me, that tonight there will be a massacre at the Red Light Club, and with this pre ordained knowledge It'll be a perfect chance for me to get access to plenty of dead metas, rich people, and influential criminals? I must say I truly do appreciate this opportunity, but I wonder what do you gain from this? I mean outside of making our business relationship & personal bond stronger hmm?" Tobias was a man of great skepticism, and didn't believe in doing favors just to help your fellow man or woman. Of course he knew Gale's situation, everyone in the under-world did. But even though she'd been one of Luthor's top killers, she'd been doing side work for other powerful criminals even ones that were high up on the Light's most wanted, almost as if she was prepared for an event in which Luthor & the United Empire would come crumbling down, unlike the bald man himself, she'd arranged a powerful safety net in numbers, criminal numbers but numbers none the less.

"Let's just say, I want my allies strong in this brave new world we're venturing into, I suppose your asking because of the timing with the rest of the squad, with me being sprung from the joint at the same time as Blackfire right?"

"Don't forget that bastard Agent Zoom, and the mystery bitch Lopez whom Luthor brought in, and who few details about were ever made public or even private in Luthor's top files, something I find hard to believe that ole bastard Black Adam wouldn't have made an issue of, pretty convienant he died in the Reach invasion, and none of you supposed top killers were able to protect him or Khandaq for that matter."

"Oh please, you just hope I'll spill some intel about Adam's corpse, so you can get your hands on him, well it won't work, he's not a meta, his powers were divine, even if you refuse to believe that. Anyway I'm not leaving anything out of my story, your just gasping for straws, and like I said, take my story for face value, if you show up too early you may end up among the deceased you wish to add to your army, that's all Mister Grim, I must be going, as I said I have a part to play in this pre planned fiasco as well." Gale got up from her seat, Tobias reached out to her looking her in the eyes as if to issue a threat infused warning but decided against it. A brief tense moment passed between the two, but it quickly subsided and he backed down, the kryptonian clone flashing a confident smile at him, before leaving the premises of the hookah lounge they had met up at.  She was to alert Tobias if anything changed, and it wasn't safe for him to approach, after all they were dealing with ARGUS. But they hadn't maintained their renowned level of international power in decades, with Luthor running the show. Honestly sometimes she felt as if they just came back from the dead out of nowhere, instead of deep hiding but that made no sense.
Hours later she made her way into the bathroom of the red light club, as multiple explosions went off, walls caving in right as she finished smoking her X-Kryptonite. The powerful drug fueling her, causing her to truly feel the solar energy coarsing through her body, and easily wistand the impact of the explosions going off all around her. "Let the games begin." Gale whispered to herself now feeling pure ecstacy as she'd taken a double dose for the first time, and reveled in pleasure at how much dopamine flooded her body, on top of all the power she felt. She could see how one could get addicted to this substance, especially normally powerless humans, but as great and strong as she felt, she knew better then to get hooked, as XK was far more useful to her as a tool when utilized sparingly.

"W...what's going on "A powerful mob boss said near death from a bomb that went off near him, looking up at Milo who had summoned a light shield around him that was dissipating.

"Sshhh your time in your mortal coil has come to an end, rest in piss scum." Milo then fired a death beam style beam with light manipulation through his skull killing him, as he sensed multiple spatial distortions, as King, his 3 criminal metas working in the Suicide Squad, and legions of ARGUS agents were teleported into the Red Light Club courtesy of three to four different transmat matter portals. "And the calvary arrives, Agent King you should have listened to Harrison's warnings about my power, because now that the vision I have forseen has come to past, I will show no mercy, in order to educate ARGUS of the folly of trying to track me, and intervene with my mission on this planet."

"Take him down soldiers now!!!" King yelled, and the soldiers opened fire, Milo created invisble mirrors that absorbed all the laser beams, and bullets, then spewed them back out at the soldiers with increased velocity, causing screams of agony as the soldiers were assaulted by their own attacks, the increased strength provided causing the volley of heavy fire to tear through the armor of some of them.

"What the fuck!!!" King screamed out, while two soldiers charged Milo with plasma blades, the mirrors vanished, and Milo disarmed them both with TK, causing their blades to impale them then used TK to send them crashing into walls on the opposite sides of the room, then used his "melting" powers to literally melt the two unfortunate soldiers into puddles of melted skin and blood, their body armors collapsing on the ground on top of the melted remains.

Three other soldiers fired RPG's, but with a simple thought the rockets turned into dust & rubble, which he converted into metallic sand, and sent a wave of the metallic sand infusing it with admantium shards, the combined wave of which sliced through the three soldiers, then he infused a handful of them with kinetic energy and with a thought made them violently explode. Then moved at speeds faster then light using the speed force murdering seven agents in the blink of an eye, before flying into the air summoning asgardin and olympian lightning firing two blasts that burst through two soldiers on both sides of him. Followed by optic beams that blasted through a wall and ripped off the head and upper torso of a soldier ducked behind. a broken table trying to recharge his plasma rifle.

"Fuck!!!!! What is he, Why aren't the weapons working!" "Take out the heavy fire!" "He's a monster!" "GAAAHHHHHHH" All screams coming from soldiers, as Milo's assault continued causing the shadows of two soldiers to come to life bursting from the ground as living mounds of murderous darkness which utterly consumed two soldiers, while a third one's temperature rose to 3000 degrees boiling him alive instantly, and a fourth one was frozen to sub zero degrees then shattered alive.  With a simple snap of his fingers Milo disintegrated King & the surviving soldiers entire supply of firearms & other backup weapons including bladed weapons that some had as an extra extra backup tucked in their belts, side pockets, and other places.

"No what kind of powers are these! He just killed a platoon of soldiers with a snap, and another gaggle of my men without moving!" King spoke outloud to himself but not at a high volume, even if he had it wouldn't have mattered with the amount of fucks, and other curses coming from the surviving disarmed soldiers. King himself was sweating, and could feel the heavy beating of his heart against the body armor on his chest. At this point he had flash backs to the stories of Milo's power told to him & Dawn by the captive Terrell Harrison, and began to believe that his descriptions of Ventro's powers were more factual then fiction.

"Enough die fucker" Belle, Thane & Loro rushed forward, while heat vision from Gale came out at max intensity blasting Milo in the back, while Belle teleported multiple nth metal blades being thrown by soldiers in different skirmishes across the country all into the room and inches away from Milo.  To their surprise the knives were unable to penerate his invulnerable skin, bending into all sorts of unearthly shapes as they hit. Gale's beam of heat had similarly no effect causing her to audibly gasp and reveal her location at the same time. "Fuck Fuck Fuck, what is he?!" Gale cried out, power girl in shock that her attack combined with Belle's volley of nth metal blades had zero effect on him.

Thane flew forward slamming into Milo, tackling him into a smashed table. Gale decided to do away with hiding and di the same flying forward slamming her elbow into Milo's back, followed by a brutal punch to his face. "Get out the way" Loro yelled firing two massive beams of pure energy, while the two brute fighters flew out the way as Milo got up from the rubble of the table, only for Belle to teleport the beams directly in front and behind Milo, with both hitting causing a massive explosion that demolished the remains of the red light club's tattered roof.

"Direct hit, motherfucker! Turned that bitch into dust! I'd like my payout to be made in all blue hundreds Agent King!" Loro said with a smirk on his face, wiping some sweat from his brow, but happy the superhuman team had managed to take control of rapidly downhill fight the ARGUS soldiers had started & failed at with their multi powered target.

However as the dust settled, Milo emerged from the smoke unscatched. "Oh your done, it's my turn now then."

"HE's a MONSTER!!" "Fuck this I'm outta here!!!" "Agent King, screw you, screw Waller, screw ARGUS!!!" "Everybody run for your lives!!!!" "Fuck nooo my kids need me!!"

"No no, nobody leaves." Milo said calmyl, as wooden branches with the density of admantium burst from the ground, piercing through the chests of two soldiers, while infini tendrils, cosmic flames, and magical serpents made of acid burst from the ground to slaughter the remaining ARGUS soldiers aside from King, who'd ran into the hallway only to be surrounded by columns of smoke that choked him out, before energy hands mashed him through a brick wall followed by two wooden branches bursting from the ground bursting through his arms pinning. him to the floor.

"HELL NO" Belle tried to teleport away, but Milo used his speed to blitz her, using his father's ability to take her power. Then used a shockwave to send her flying across the room and smashing into wine cellar. She cried out in pain gurgling blood and unable to fight back tears racing down her eyes from all the broken glass that cut up her body on impact. "No..my powers...my powers!!! I can't feel them, I can't escape."

"Duh, you were dead on arrival." Milo used biological manipulation to remove her lungs, and caused mystic flames to spawn inside of her causing her to burn and choke to death simultaneously and within seconds. Thane charged forward throwing a volley of punches and other physical attacks, with Milo moving swiftly slowing down time to dodge all the attacks before tapping Thane on the shoulder causing all the bones in his right arm to break, then summoning a mini black hole to swallow up his other arm, leaving the empty spot bursting with blood, which Milo took control of, causing the animated blood to swirl around Thane circling him draining his stamina before causing it to close up around him as blood ropes tightening until they broke his bones and finally tore through his body clean like paper.

"Fuck no" Gale flew forward but Milo summoned a temporal energy wave that washed over Gale causing her flight towards the empty roof to shoot her back in time to the floor trapping her in a temporal loop that made her attempts to fly off keep resetting her to the ground while a massive blast of kryptonite energ y was fired at her, slamming into her right as her time reset her back to the floor once more. The radioactive beam slammed into her burning the skin off her back, and flooding her body with green kryptonite as she was blasted through the walls into the remains of the bathrom she'd stepped into to take XK prior to the fight starting.

"DIE FUCKER!" Loro fired blast after blast of energy at Milo, who walked calmyl towards him absorbing every blast, before phasing through the ground then rising behind Loro punching a hole through his chest, then causing his eyes to explode, ripping out his tongue with TK, infusing it with kinetic energy, placing it back in his mouth and causing it to detonate blowing up his head, then removing his arm from his corpse causing it to fall to the ground.

"Finished." Milo used Carmen's fiction powers to make the mortal kombat fatality sound effect to go off, then "Perfect Finish" from a DBZ Budokai end fight credits to go off. He then walked into the hallway using an electric blast on King to shock him awake, causing the wooden branch blades pinning him to the ground to turn to dust, but healing the wounds to his arms to prevent him from bleeding out. He then used his telepathy fire a massive psionic blast tormenting King causing him to relive the murderous onslaught unleashed on his now dead team 500 times, before releasing him from the telepathic hellscape. "Go back to your boss, and let Waller know, that if ARGUS makes another move against me, it'll be considered an act of war, and I will show no mercy." Milo said fiercly before teleporting away leaving the brutally injured both physically & mentally King slumped against the crumbled hallway walls of the red light club shivering in fear and pain.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 10:59 am

Jessica picked herself up from being knocked back and immediately formed a green bubble around John. "Stuart I don't know who you killed, probably a lot of people under Luthor but that's not what we're here for. Just hear us out, please." Jessica hoped that them not looking into whatever killing John was talking about would be enough that he'd be willing to hear them out about this speedster that's on the loose and wanting info about Luthor's hit squad.

-----

"To answer both your questions Sean and Cyborg, it was Jon. In his weakened state Morgan was able to access his mind. I know he doesn't like nobody doing that, and nobody even could do that prior to Sandra. But I refuse to accept he'd be willing to do this to a fellow Justice Force member normally. This XK, it's made him prone to vigilant outbursts." If Jon did this to Morgan does that mean he's escaped? This thought prompted Metallic to ask "So where is he now?" To which Amy responded "Still in the dungeon tied up with the Lasso Of Truth."

Once Morgan was safe and healed Sandra did as Sean asked adding a great deal of psionic and phoenix energy to the cube, also pleased to see Nick getting involved. This TBI was honestly starting to piss her off. Between battling Parralax, being unconscious most of the trip home only to be attacked by TBI soon as she woke up. Getting back to Earth only to have to battle Brainiac and Galactus. Barely having enough time to break the tragic news of Cass to her family before getting attacked by TBI again. Sandra felt like she hasn't had a moment of peace to properly mourn Cass passing. As bad as she felt herself Sandra could only imagine what Nick was going tough as his own father Milo was the cause of Parralax getting freed in the first place, which lead to Cass death.

Turning her focus back to Amy "Amy in light of this turn with Jon I won't bombard you with the full details right now, but this cube is the trap we have setup for the TBI. Would you mind adding your Olympian lightning to it while you're here?" Amy eyed the cube and gave a nod, after everything they'd been through together she had no reason to doubt the new heroes and also added her power to the cube.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 2:50 pm

"Oh you think I'm stupid, you went through all this trouble to track down my exact location, with the only other lantern you have, then what's this about." John fired a blast shattering Jessica's green bubble around him, and instead formed four walls of green energy around him, then made a roof and floor of green energy, then reinforced the walls with two extra layers of green energy to defend himself, and formed a branch from the wall that elongated till it was next to the trio and instead of sprouting leaves it sprouted five fat sticks of green energy shaped dynamite.  "You make any swift moves or try sneak attacks, I'll detonate this branch!" John barked out showing that while he had calmed down to listen, he was on alert, and truly didn't believe the three heroes.

"Look she's telling the truth, we got a call from W-"Hercules was about to say Wonder Woman, but Dale's magical senses allowed him to hone in on John's emotions feeling him growing more anxious, and tense.

"From Who we get our intel and missions from, we've got word of a violent speedster whose way to skilled to have gotten there powers three weeks ago, and it seems they've got some ties to Luthor's elite meta/super hit squad, but even the American Government can't get any info about this, this shit stinks of having ties to the world's bald ex supreme leader, since you spent so many years in his pocket, and private quarters, we wanna know what you know if anything about this situation." Dale finished, feeling out John's emotions, and letting out an internal sigh of relief that these questions weren't triggering any distresful emotions from John, and in fact after the question was asked he caused the green dynamite sticks to fade away as well as the branch but maintained the layered green walls shield around him.

"Hmm why you ain't just say that, look I ain't got no exact info, but I heard about someone able to tamper with speed being integral to the construction of the Still Zone, I never looked further into that matter once the Zone was up and running, but based off what your telling me now and whose missing, the mystery man might be the speedster your talking about, so your answers lie in the origin of the Still Zone" John finished giving them all the intel he had about their mystery. "Now if that's all you need, you all can scadaddle, I have my own matters to attend to." John added as a final talking point.
"He did what" Cyborg slammed his fist against a nearby wall upset that Jon had been the cause of Morgan's burned arm & severe injury. While he was no stranger to the issues of substance abuse, and the violatile behaviors addiction to them caused, he didn't feel that XK could be used to excuse or justify his behavior. "So if Gotham PD brought him in for that warrant, is super jerk gonna blame the drugs for the breakdown they say he had before he caused that solar explosion!" Cyborg spoke his mind freely, unable to contain his anger that their leader had hurt a member of their team.

"No -cough- -cough- Please no more anger towards our own people." The voice that rang out was Morgan's, the martian lady rousing herself to consciousness after being healed by Sandra & the other heroes.  A frown replaced the usual smile on her face, as a result of all the anger emanating from Cyborg, & the others as well as a mixture of other emotions including disdain, and disapointment related to the latest news about Jon, as well as Nick's deep sadness about Cassandra shared by Sandra alongside her rage & annoyance with the TBI interrupting her life taking away the time she desired & needed with her family to truly mourn & process her grief associated with Cass's untimely passing with the rest of her family.

"Look Jon just needs help, from his mind I picked up all sorts of erratic sporadic thoughts drowning in a mixture of regret, rage, confusion & rapidly growing levels of insecurity. Amy can take care of him alongside the medication." Morgan sighed and paused, turning towards the cube focusing on it fora. second then grabbing her head as she stumbled back. "Sorry I need a moment to get my bearings before I can add my psionic energy to the cube, but listen I have something else worthwhile to contribute to the trap. While I wasn't able to fully read their thoughts due to their technology, I was able to pick up a pattern of thoughts that I think you should analyze Cyborg." Morgan reached out for Cyborg's hands, grasping her fingers around his and passing along the thoughts she'd picked up from Chronos & Sadia earlier before the TBI sprung them free with their Eradicator, and army of temporal modificated Sentinels.

Cyborg added the thought patterns into the laptop, and moments later some beeping sounds went off. "Oh wow this is useful, these are temporal patterns, with this I'm able to analyze their time travel patterns, seeing the past places they showed up too, and oh wow I got their next locations too, in a few hours they'll be at a campground in a forest in an area next to Gorilla City, but over 30 minutes away from either the sentient gorillas or any people at a cabin smack dab in the middle which is the meeting point." Cyborg pulled up the location on the map, showing a layout of the forest showing the expansive cabin in detail, as well as the distance from Gorilla City, and an abandoned african village in the desert.

Sean's eyes glowed with quantum energy as he overlooked the map. "This IS perfect, with this cube containing the mystic energy from Kano along with our combined powers, pre emptive knowledge of their next meeting point including the exact time & place, and a layout of the area gives us the temporal, and tactical advantage to get a jump on their forces, and put an end to their endless sneak attacks." Sean professed with immense confidence, and eagerness that they had a proper strategy in place, and a solution to their time cop problem was starting to form together due to all of them working together
Jon had been rubbing his face, including a red spot that had formed from the hard slap Amy delivered that still stung. He gasped in pain moments after she left from making contact with the stinging red spot on his cheeks. "Damn she has a strong back hand, fuck." Jon let out when he was alone, before struggling against the lasso of truth  and finally taking flight with all his strength to slam into the sword only to get electrecuted. This was followed by two more failed escape attempts that were compromised of using his full power heat vision on the sword, then wrapping his hands around the hilt and  and using all the strength he could muster to fly upwards, the latter of which resulted in getting hit with a shockwave of mystical olympian lightning.

The feedback from the mystic electrical shockwave sent him crashing against the wall, an an audible crack was heard as the impact had left an imprint of his body in the dungeon/hotel wall. "Damn it damn it DAMN IT! I NEED IT I NEED IT!!! AAAH" Jon screamed out in anger, before plopping down on the ground as some tears started to rush down his eyes as he was finally alone, stuck, and had nothing to do but contemplate his recent actions including his hateful words & rage driven actions driven by the withdrawal from the lack of XK. "Damn it I blasted her, I burned Morgan...what's wrong with me, what's going on is this shit really doing all of this to me." Jon said now speaking his fears out-loud now that he was by himself, looking at his hands he saw they were starting to shake, trembling the same way as a heavy alcoholic going cold turkey.

As more time passed while Amy was gone taking Morgan to get help to recover from the damage he caused her in his latest flash of rage & anger, he had a pit of sorrow fill his spirit as he began reflecting on all the irrational outbursts and erratic behavior he'd performed since slipping into the decadence of substance abuse spurred on by his intense immense cravings for chemical enhancement via his budding X Kryptonite addiction.

Perhaps Amy is right, and I do need to get some help, my friends, my girl, even my family including my father while he was poisioned with Brainiac probes saw and/or spoke about how bad the XK was making me. I..I..might really be loosing it, after all the first time I used the strength force against Zod's elite I hadn't taken a single dose of XK. This all started because of my growing insecurity caused by the arrival of Sandra, Milo, The Asgardian Royals, The Reach, Brainiac & other beings wielding powers beyond not only mine, but what I and others in this world or at least on this planet thought was possible, then feeling like the reason Zatari, and Amy's dad among others died on my watch was because I wasn't strong enough. Damn it...we still haven't even told her... Jon was lost in deep thought that was causing his emotions to go from high to low, and all over the place, before he was nearly drowning in guilt by recalling not only the death of his team-mate and close friend, but also the end of Bruce Wayne, Amy's dad who had miracolously mystically been risen from the dead, ironically it was courtesy of a powerful spell cast by Zatanna, Zatari's mother prior to the end of WW3.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 4:22 pm

Dawn Waller was in shock witnessing the footage from cameras instilled in the metas micro chips as well as the soldiers body armor. The ARGUS Director's lush dark skin was as close to pale as her pigment would allow, even going as far as trying to call a retreat. But Milo invaded her mind from across the planet telepathically trapping her in a cage within her own mind.

One minute she was feeling her stress & panic levels rise as she barked orders to her ARGUS unit sent to eliminate him. Then moments later all the light from her eyes faded, and she was surrounded buy pure darkness. Then the ground beneath her crumbled into air, and she yelled as she began falling miles and miles down a seemingly well with an infinite bottom. "AAAAHHHHH"

After distortions in her perception of time caused her to feel as though she was falling for years, her screams became non-existent as she literally was unable to make a sound. Seconds later the darkness around her was replaced with blinding light so bright it burned her eye sockets out slow and painfully, with blood leaking from them, until a hand reached out to her forehead regenerating the damage to her face but leaving the blood stains. Her sujrroundings where an infinte expanse of white, and she was on a solid ground of whiteness, her heart racing her fear incomprehensible, and she no longer had thoughts attached to the events in reality she was experiencing prior to being snapped into Milo's telepathic tortures.

"What's going on where am i! Who is doing this?!"

"Harrison explained to you quite well who I am, but you chose to ignore his warnings, and label his facts as fiction, the blood of all those you sent after me is on your hands." Milo's voice was booming, coming form all directions before finally appearing before her, and looked down at the expansive infinite whiteness that composed of the "ground" they were standing on. Dawn's legs were being shaky, and he began edging closer to him, reaching into her pocket to pull out a hand held plasma rifle.

"You think these tricks can stop me! I will bring you in Ventro, this is clearly some sort of illusion, no one can wield that much power, it'ss imply not possible, no human meta or not, or mutant as you all call yourself in that world, I refuse to-"

"Then you are a fool, and my power is far beyond that of humans, meta, mutant, or otherwise, the abilities I am capable of harnessing into my being are not limited to any one species, nature, or other forms of beings." Milo explained as a kryptonian war suit appeared around hihm, and the scenery changed to an image of New Krypton, and within seconds Dawn saw a group of kryptonians charging towards him. Dawn's vision changed allowing her to "Witness" Milo's powers via an array of colors, as he duplicated the powers of the group of kryptonianis, causing him to wield the same power set but of the entire group of 18 aliens in one making him 18x more powerful then each of the individual kryptonians. Using there combined speed he blitzed the soldiers, overwhelming them with his superuior physical speed brutally beating some unconscious, and others using his vastly enhanced heat visiono to dismember or otherwise skewer there bodies, a watch appeared at the start of the fight, a stop watch, and at the end of the fight which Dawn was able to view in slow motion, the stop watch was only on 4 seconds, showing that entire hyper speed slaughter had taken place in no time. The visions changed to her surburban home, only for a massive lightning storm with tornadoes to demolish her home and neighorhood before teleporting over to Dawn grabbing her neck, and filling her with psionic energy causing her to experience a number of night marish visions before releasing his grip on her.

"Oh my word...what are you, your a monster...you...you...my men they didn't stand a chance, " Dawn had a rare display of emotions, feeling wrenched with guilt for sending AGRUS agents to their demise, especially since she knew the truth of her survival, and many others in ARGUS. Aka the scheming speedster Rush altering the timeline to save her & the others from Luthor's various assassination attempts, which in the original timeline where not attempts but succesful.

"I have spared the one known as King, so just in case you deem this telepathic experience a temporary bout of insanity, he will reel you back into reality, the truth of my power, and the vast difference between you and me, that being that you are merely an insect to me, and the only reason I have to not squash you all, is simply if you stay out of my way, Waller." Milo finished, and suddenly the telepathic vision ended. Dawn's vision changed into blackness, but this time instead of falling she was flying upwards at hyper sonic speeds which felt just as dangerous. This ended with her "waking up" still at her desk, her hands literally had imprints from her keyboard from how hard she'd been gripping it in reality while going through the immense psionic torture, and her clothes stuck to her due to how much she was sweating. She heard her name being screamed out by different ARGUS agents and personell, who were reporting. about the decimation the agents sent after Ventro at the remains of the bombed "Red Light Club" had experienced. "My word...it's all true...it's all true....Ventro was victorious....Ventro is a monster.." Dawn spoke to herself although audibly barely above a whisper. Moments later she through some heruclean case of will regained her composure, and made her way into the main monitor room, and began barking orders in order to send agents to retrieve King's broken and beaten body, and rush him to get medical treatment, while ordering agents to retrieve Gale only if her kryptonite burned body was still present, but if not to forget about power girl.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Jessica looked to Dale who seemed to be able to read John. Dale gave her a slight nod and she focused back on John. "Alright thanks for sharing what you know." It wasn't much but at least the origin of the Still Zone was a lead to go on. Jessica opened a portal back to the Kara's mansion "Alright guys lets move out" she instructing Hercules and Dale to enter. Arriving back Jessica walked up to Kara. "John claims not to know too much. What he has been able to tell us is that a speedster was integral in the creation of the Still Zone but he never looked further into it. So we learn about the Still Zone and who was used to power it let's say, and that directs us to who our speedster is."

-----

In response to Cyborg Amy said "There was no breakdown in Gothem. Before any claims Jon made of battling somebody, we all had to take his word for it. I have to admit even I started having my doubts about his claims. But when me and Tesla tracked Jon down at his XK stash, the man Jon was fighting showed up again. He goes by the name of Fission and is capable of casting illusions." Amy hadn't really had time to talk about this with others of the team, but with all the anger towards Jon and there now being three total witlessness to this Fission character, one of whom being an SXM member. It felt like the right time to point out that no, Jon wasn't simply insane.

Morgan began to awaken echoing the sentiment of not holding anger towards their fellow team members and also providing more useful information. Sandra shared Sean and Cyborg's excitement at this news. "I can't believe this is all coming together so well. Soon we should be able to not just stop them from jumping us out of nowhere, but find out exactly why they are after us. Amy you should head back down and see how Jon's doing. I'll link to your mind, while you should be able to handle Jon under the red sunlight light on your own, if you do need help just say so or even think so, and I'll be right there." Amy gave Sandra a nod and started flying back to Jon, leaving Morgan back with the others this time just in case as when she left, Jon seemed capable of about anything. It was just safer to do this on her own if even a half power heat beam was capable of doing that type of damage to Morgan.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 1:21 am

As Sandra reached out to Emmet, he patched all the code:breakers in so they could hear the information as well. It seemed the TBI had a number of tricks up their sleave that made them an exceptional threat. Riku whistled as he made drinks for the new arrival after getting their orders.

" Not gonna lie, an anti-matter bomb sounds cool and stupid as fuck. But I still stand by what I said earlier, fuck the police "

Emmet sipped from his drink, his mind already going over countless possible measures to take " Hmm, Sandra we should speak more in depth, do have time to accept an invitation for drinks? " obviously this wasnt entirely a social call, but also an invite for a more formal alliance between their factions.
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 1:27 am

John maintained his guard, until the trio left, and finally lowered his walls. "Damn it I gotta clear this place." John sighed using his ring to scoop up a bunch of stuff in his place, before hearing a knock at the door. John flew to the ground, causing the ring's energies to wash over him as he changed to civilian clothes, fetching a plasma rifle, and a glock walking towards the door, heart thumping against his chest as he looked through the peep hole only to spot two individuals a man, and woman, dressed in casual wear. "Hello can I help you all, I'm not expecting any guests so I probably can't." He remained on high alert awaiting their response, not dismissing the possibility that they could be undercover ARGUS agents who might have picked up on his trial due to the skirmish he just had with the heroes.

"Oh yes, we want to congratulate you on an all expense vacation, you won to Aruba, I am speaking with hte owner of this property Chad Benton right?" The woman asked politely, as she pulled out some paperwork from a folder she had in hand, holding it up to the ring camera implanted in the doorbell, allowing John to see it clearly from the other side of the door.

"Oh oh yeah, yeah this is Benton." John replied cautiously. Damn it, hmm if they was ARGUS they wouldn't bother with no story they'd just burst in once they heard my voice, but they could be regular undercovers looking into Benton missing, at the same time if I jump the gun & tell them to get the fuck from my door, it could lead to my cover as Benton being blown if this gets back to whatever company the real Benton won this award from, and they feel like something is off. Fuck, shit's getting hot, I'm leaving to Markovia tonight.

"Gimme a minute" John went to put the guns up under the kitchen sink, and went back to the door opening it up to let the couple in, tension so high a butter knife could slice through it. However within a few moments he was put in ease, as they provided authentic paperwork from a sweep stakes the real Benton had won, and after a few pain stakingly slow minutes of signing the papers, and grabbing his plane tickets to aruba & other information related to Benton's reward, the lady had slipped her folder back in her brief case, and the man was zipping his jacket back up, both of them getting ready to exit the condo Stuart was hiding out in.

"Thank you, I forgot all about this trip, with all the crazy shit going on, me and the wife can really use this trip." John said with a fake friendly tone and accompanying smile to go with it.

"Yeah man, I wish It was me instead of you, but I guess that's not on the cards for Rip" The man apparently named Rip said in third person, in his attempt to make a light hearted comment to defuse the almost obvious tension in the room.

"Oh one more thing" The woman said turning to John before firing a vibrational beam at him causing him to scream in pain as he sent reeling across the room slamming into the kitchen counter. "You can't fool Gypsy ever Stuart." Gypsy declared with a smirk looking at the downed lantern.

"Ayo that was a bit anti climatic don't yer think Gypsy." Rip said as he used a temporal conductor on his wrist to pull a plasma rifle from a small temporal portal.  She turned to Rip with a stern glare, causing him to throw up his arms defensively. "Ayo don't laser me too lassy, I'll cuff em." Rip said as he flashed a smile, producing some advanced modded.

"NO NOT TODAY" John leaped up firing a massive beam of green energy, but Sadia warped into the room accompanied by TBI Android Sentinels, Sadia activated her dialator reversing the beam in time while John fired a bigger beam to clash with it, while Rip fired three shots of plasma at John striking him in the side causing the reversed blast to overpower his causing an explosion, which sent him smack dab into a wall. John formed a energy drill that thurst through the floor slamming into two sentinels, while three other ones attacked him with energy beams knocking him into a table, while he jumped up but Gyspy emerged from a portal behind John using her vibrational energy to strengthen her physical attacks hammering John in the back with physical attacks, till he caused a gaggle of green energy hooks to burst from the ground striking the group of sentinels, as well as Sadia, but Gypsy pulled Rip into a portal they appeared on both sides of John. Rip swung his rifle at John who formed a grene electric net to ensare him, only managing to encase his arms shocking him with green electricity till he dropped hte rifle, while Gypsy appeared before John using a full power vibrational shockwave blast mashing John into the counter cracking his ribs, shattering the counter and knocking him out. The green net dissipated, and Rip waltzed over to John cuffing him, while Sadia got up groaning from the energy hook that struck her chest.

"Damn it I hate fighting lanterns, damn emotional spectrum powers." Sadia bent over on one knee removing John's ring, causing the lantern suit around him to revert to his regular clothes. She produced a pair of dampner cuffs, putting the damp cuffs tight on his arms. She used her dialator to open a portal teleporting herself, the sentinels, & John to the future, aka her present in the 25th century delivering him to a TBI prison.
Kara nodded as she took in the information Jessica, Dale & Hercules returned with from John. "Well at least you were able to get something out of Stuart, honestly after you left I reached back out to Diana, who told me that he's been off the map as well since the fall of the United Empire, but he made no moves that made them suspect that he was going to try to aid Luthor, which included no record of him making contact with any of the slew of individuals being prosecuted by. America & other countries for war crimes committed during Luthor's reign." Kara stated, as Dale brought up that while they had managed to converse with Stuart, initially he was very difficult & aggressive, appearing to be paranoid & extra alert to their every action as a result of thinking they came to him because of some unknown death/murder he was denying to have commited or have any connection to.

"Alright well first off good job you all, don't be discouraged that we didn't land a jackpot in terms of information." Kara started off.

"Yeah but what if Stuart was holding back intel, after all he was running around like a hydra missing half it's heads." Hercules commented, bringing up Stuart's sporadic behavior, while Dale was quick to cut him off. "I was able to use my magic to hone in on his emotions, he truly thought we were trying to use deception to sneak attack and apprehend him for whatever murder he was babbling on about, but he was telling the truth when he told us all he knew."

Hercules relented, and Kara took the center stage again. "So then the origins of the Zone, I admit even with how high in the ranks of the empire I rose that is information that eludes me, although I was never as vile a traitor as Stuart, I doubt even he was made privy to Lex's deepest and dark secrets being a former major ally to the original justice league.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 2:33 am

Luthor looked up as a knock came to his door and nodded at one of the two bodyguards with him to open the door. Anthony Stratford, a white man in his late twenties, he shared the same birthday as Luthor, with short and well styled blonde hair and an armani suit entered the room, accompanied by two bodyguards of his own, as had been agreen by prior. Luthor rose and crossed the room, shaking hands with Luthor and ignoring the mild shock he got from it.

" Anthony, it's been too long " Luthor said politely " We've come and sit "

" Oh I agree old friend and thank you, i'll do just that. Oh and of course I couldnt come empty handed " he gestured and one of his bodyguards, a well built mexican man wearing dark shades, produced an bottle of wine " 1835, an excellent year "

Luthor nodded and returned to his seat, the table had already been cleared, with the only thing on it now being a bottle he'd brought from his personal collection and two glasses. Anthony was poured a glass from Luthors bottle and the two business men shared empty conversation. To the uninformed it would seem like they were indeed two old friends who were enjoying each others company.

But the truth was the two deeply loathed each other, being born on the same day to opposing families, it was only natural that the two would have a bitter rivalry that had persisted through the years as they vied to outdo the other. To Luthor it was reaching the climax, sooner or later an honest attempt of unaliving was going to happen. That it would be now was just where the dice had rolled.

As they finished off Luthor's bottle, Anthony's was opened and glasses were poured. Luthor politely took his but made no attempts to drink it. As the conversation continued, Anthony would made the occasional comment about it, but Luthor smoothy moved onto another topic. This continued for twenty minutes.

" Drink the fucking wine " Anthony finally said, on the heels of talking about the hot new fashion influencer Emmet that had just hit the scene, Luthor was in fact wearing one of his pieces.

" Paralysis or poison? " Luthor asked casually, folded his hands in front of him " I assume it's something slow acting, dont want to end things so quickly correct? "

Anthony narrowed his eyes, before breaking into a smug smile and snapping his fingers, instantly all four of the bodyguards in the room pointed their guns at Luthor. Luthors security team had recently aquired the two guards with him tonight, upon recomendation from his cousin, naturally Luthor had brought them on immediately and allowed them to come with him tonight.

" It's a nice little chemical cocktail that inflames your nerves so that you receive stimulation, pain, a hundredfolds, with a little paralysis tossed in. Just a fun little party favor I aquired recently, I obviously had you in mind when I bought it "

Luthor smiled " Your too kind Anthony, thats certainly one of the things I've always " enjoyed " about you. Though I cant say I'll miss it when your dead and gone "

Anthony raised an eyebrow then laughed " As ever the minstrel monkey, no BOY, your gonna be the one to die tonight! " Anothy's voice dripped with venom and excitement " Dont worry, the rest of your nig*** family are gonna join you. Well not all of them, still gonna need some to return to their rightful place as my families slaves, i'll make sure to take special care of your sister "

Luthor's smile didnt budge, but his eyes flashed dangerously. The unknown history between the two families, the Stratfords were former slave owners and the Belcourts had been a part of their plantation. This was common information to everyone in both families, to keep the hatred strong and for neighter to forget that one would be struck down by the other one day. The hatred was especially strong with the Belcourts, which was why after tonight, the war was going to start in earnest.

" Heh, white boy hasnt she curved you enough? I would think her releasing your nudes would had drove that point home, though given how.....micro you are it isnt surprising "

" Shoot his left shoulder! " Anthony snapped, red in the face.

One of the bodyguards who'd come with Luthor, a tall white man nodded and fired from his position behind luthor, the sound of the shot ringing through the room, but after a moment it became apparent that Luthor was perfectly fine.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kuro stared in confusion at the words in front of him, he was an avid fan of gatcha games, his luck was quite uncanny when it came to them, allowing him to always get great draws. A nervous laugh burst out of him, was this really what he was thinking about in this situation, was it a sign he was about to die? No......something was telling him it was something else as a glowing card suddenly appeared, turning slow, he couldnt make out any words on it, but something was telling him to take it.

After a moment, he reached out and tentavely touched it, there was a small flash of light and the card appeared in his hand. He starred at it intently.

Card Name: Teleportation
Effect: Can teleport a single person to any location the user has been before
Cooldown: ten minutes

Kuro turned the card over a few times, it felt like a regular card at first, but there was an odd thrum of energy to it.

" WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU PIGGY-CHAN!! "

Kuro winced, instinctively holding Sakura closer as he heard Shotaro getting closer as well, feel how close the flames were. Without thinking, he pressed the card to Sakura's head, thought of her room back at their home " Release "

The card briefly glowed and Sakura vanished. Kuro blinked rapidly.....well, it was real. He felt so oddly accepting of this, but given his current situation and really everything that happened on this planet, it was pretty normal. The had vanished, but he felt like he could just call it back if he wanted too, the problem was it's cooldown. But he remembered the words

Unlimited Gacha

He gulped " Alright, lets if my luck of the draw can get me out of this "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 10:34 am

As it looked like everything was coming together Sandra got a call back from Emmet. There was a couple hours until the TBI was due to arrive but still I don't think that's the best idea right now. It seemed likely the TBI would be much more willing to attack Code:Breakers to get to her if they was willing to attack the SXM and even the Justice League. Besides with the issues Jon is having and the team planning to spring a trap on the TBI in the next couple hours, the time for a social call wasn't optimal.

-----

Tesla had a thought "So with Luthor's fall from power as the former Magistrate and Clark's rise to power as the new president. Do you think there is any chance Clark has access to Luthor's files and secrets?" Jessica was one of the first to speak up in response. "I can see where you're coming from with that line of thinking as in theory Clark would have access to all Luthor's files, but it seems too easy. Luthor is known as one to always have a plan. I imagine he had the means to keep his secrets hidden even in the event he was ever removed from power, right Kara?"

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 4:58 pm

Cyborg was still mad at Jon's actions despite Amy's claims that supported Jon's story, and in all honesty provided some much needed credibility to them especially in light of his XK use & abuse being revealed to the team. "Look Morgan, I understand you wanting to promote peace and harmony between us, but drugs or no drugs, what Jon did to you isn't right, he attacked you, and not just any attack, he burned the fuck out of your arm with your natural weakness of all things, that's the same thing as attacking him with kryptonite, a method of harm that's the most deadly to it's victim." Cyborg explained, mostly out of concern for Morgan's well being, but he decided to end his commentary with that, wanting to respect Morgan's wishes and not push the issue any further. While Jon was a friend of his, it was becoming absolutely certain that he needed to be purged of this XK problem or he'd be more harm than help to the team.

While Amy spoke about Jon not being totally insane, Morgan frowned and dropped her head to the ground with sadness, something that some of the others noticed. Nick was the first one to speak up about Morgan's facial language she made in response to Amy's comments before she flew off. "Hey Morgan what's wrong? It's a good thing that Jon hasn't totally lost his mind right? Damn wait you probably feel even worst about his brutal attack on you knowing that he's still got his sanity?" Nick stated but in a inquisitive tone rather then one that was confident & matter of fact to show he was simply making assumptions, as she was the victim and was entitled to her feelings about this recent situation with Jon.

"No, I understand what your saying, but the last thing I want is for anyone on the team to truly be loosing their grip on reality." Morgan started off her voice starting to quiver as she struggled to get out her next words. "What Amy just said isn't true, she just lied I think to defend Jon's actions. I didn't even mean to read her mind while she spoke, but as a martian my emotions can sometimes affect my powers, in this case causing me to listen into her thoughts involuntarily. " Morgan was clearly hurt that Amy would lie not only to her, but the others as well, and even more alarming was the issue that if Amy was lying to downplay Jon's grip on reality mere moments after he violently burned her, how bad was Jon's mental state in reality. Using her psionic powers she passed along what she glimpsed from Amy's mind to Sandra. Unbeknowst to Morgan, and now Sandra as well, Fission had used his reality powers to erase the memory of the confrontation of Fission from both Tesla & Amy's memories. However he'd distorted reality with extreme precision making it so that Tesla no longer had any memories of running into Fission, instead being implanted with false memories of the confrontation in which she'd seen Jon apparently loosing his mind talking to nobody before firing his huge blast of heat vision at the apartment across from him full of innocents.

Although in Amy's case Fission made it so that while she herself could recall how things truly went down with Fission showing up, any telepath/psionic who read her mind would be presented with the same false memories that filled Tesla's mind thus making it seem to them as if Amy was simply lying to protect Jon. Oh Sandra I...I messed up,  I feel absolutely terrible for revealing Amy's lies to the others, as I can literally feel the betrayal & disgust felt by Cyborg, Nick, & the others about Amy lying for Jon. I was just shocked that Amy would lie for him, but...I still think we should give them space right now to let her try to fix Jon on her own, even if that means springing our trap on the TBI without them. The Martian projected her regret filled thoughts to Sandra, and stated her line of thinking that even now in spite of this revelation, that the best immediate course of action was to leave the couple to their own devices in the ho pe that perhaps Amy could get through to him alone, due to intense love they shared for each other.  Sean simply walked over to Morgan putting a hand gently on her other shoulder that Jon hadn't used for target practice, emitting a small amount of quantum energy to loosen her tense muscles, and provide a calming sensation to pacify the intensity of all the emotion she was feeling about Jon attacking her, and Amy lying to her.

"I think we should let the love birds be, and divert our focus to our imminent conflict with the TBI, as we may not get another opportunity to get the jump on them like this again." Sean wasn't intensisitive to Morgan's feelings, quite the opposite as he instinctively had moved to use his powers to try to comfort her, but as a leader he'd learned how to prioritize the team's focus based off the situation they were in. "However we are missing one thing, or rather one person, that being Barry.  In-fact I haven't seen him at Hideout X or anywhere the past three days besides the first day we got there after Wally shot us a few weeks into the future, not only will his speed come in handy, but he's the only one among us who has any prolonged experience with the TBI, seeing as how he was being held prisoner by them until just recently during the midst of our battle against Lexaniac & Galactus when Vibe's powers that brought everyone from the space team straight to earth, also provided him a means to escape." Sean shifted his eyes to Cyborg, who sighed turning away from his laptop that he was typing rapidly on.

"Your right we do need Barry, we've got trap layered with all our powers AND magic, plus a heads up on the next place there showing up. Due to my technology powers I have his exact location pin-pointed with his original league comms, luckily the TBI never confiscated it from him, not that it would do him any good stranded in a time prison hundreds of years in the future. When he was here I only managed to get a few words out of him before he sped off, but Wally tracked him down and managed to engage him in a full length conversation, he's at the grave site for his wife Iris , and daughter Nora, which is where he's spent the majority of his time the past three days, according to Wally he got arrested by the TBI while going back in time in an attempt to change the past & prevent their deaths at the hands of Luthor's ruthless mercenaries." Cyborg explained, while using his powers to alter the laptop screen to bring up sattelite imagery that honed in on the Central City gravesite Barry was posted at crying his eyes out.
Jon had given up on wallowing in a cesspool of self pity and regret at his actions. Turning to look at the detox across the room from him, he felt cold shivers all over his body, followed by the sickly feeling that could only be described as a platoon of bugs crawling over his skin. Although of course when he rapidly snapped his head from side to side to examine his body there were no actual insects of any kind crawling or nesting on him. Then another panic inducing thought seemed to smack him in the face. "Where the hell is she?! Damn it Damn it." Jon hopelessly struggled once more against the lasso of truth, but alas it wouldn't matter as she'd smartly tied to the hilt of her blade which she'd supercharged with her divine lightning.

"Fuck Fuck Fuck! No I can't I won't I REFUSE to go back to normal, to regular me, the me that let wasn't strong enough to do anything but wince in pain and writhe in pain on the floor as Zatari was brutally murdered in-front of my own eyes. She's wrong, and Morgan shouldn't have been poking around my fucking head, they think they know what's best for me, what I need! B..But...they don't know the extent of the power Fission has, there's no way I can defeat him without XK, without immediate access to the strength force, right now I..I..don't have enough time to spend hours training to learn how to access it naturally."Jon continued to break down with more rationalizations, as the cravings for XK grew more and more intense, just picturing the stash he had left behind hidden in the dealers Gotham apartment he took over was enough to make his mouth water with anticipation. He longed for the feeling of relief that would pulsate through every corner of his being, when he plunged that next syringe into his arm.

It would be dramatic turnover from how dreadful he felt right now, tied up chained like a dog or some other house pet, whilst the ceiling lights basked him in the red solar rays that were native to his people's home planet Krypton. As he was about to give up all hope he slung himself backwards propping his back on the dungeon walls. Then he felt something shift around in his inner pants pocket. "What the....oh my god....YES YES" Jon's whole face illuminated as he realized what the foreign object was tucked in his inner pocket, the dose of XK he'd lifted from Tesla's quarters. Struggling to wiggle his right hand loose enough to plunge into his pockets, and wrap them around the syringe just barely. He shifted his body in a few uncomfortable positions before finally managing to settle upon an angle that was just enough to let him plunge the needle full of XK into his leg. Pressing down with all his might he actually cracked the empty syringe in half after plunging the contents of the narcotic steroid into his arm. Within seconds he could feel his power rising far beyond the normal max level he'd be able to draw forth considering the condition he was in. He wasted no time summoning the power of the strength force, the blue energy coursing through his body, tickling his veins & the edges of his arms.

"YES I CAN DO IT" Jon's eyes surged with red energy, and he fired a massive beam that utterly demolished the red solar light panels, causing the now demolished remains of the light, and part of the ceiling to cave in on him, and he stretched feeling even more ecstatic as the dampening effects of the red solar radiation wore off rapidly, being replaced by the natural light of the yellow sun he was use to basking in. With his full boosted power, he was able to vibrate his molecules at the speed of light allowing him to phase through the lasso, the strength force bypassing it's mystical effect. Upon being free from the rope's bindings, he took flight at speeds faster then light bursting through the hole of the roof he'd opened with his heat beams, and soaring upwards within seconds exiting the earth's atmosphere, and blasting off even faster as he entered space, and went hurtling towards the sun. Within less then two minutes he'd traveled across the solar system, diving into the sun head first, and plunging towards the center to soak in even more solar energy from the center of the yellow star that was the source of his kryptonian powers.
Kara frowned and nodded her head in response to what Jessica said. "Unfortunately your thought process is spot on, this isn't the first time Luthor's been outed as a liar to the public, he's a crafty snake, hell we had put Luthor behind bars nearly two months ago when we first exposed Luthor as a fraud to the world with the Dark Detective journal alongside other daming evidence we gathered proving to the world that he was indeed the Magistrate & had faked his death as the final president two decades ago at the end of WW3." Kara said reflecting on their original triumph over Luthor, when her cousin's name was cleared, and he was chosen by the people to temporarily take Lex's place as the Magistrate.

Kara didn't think Lex had any more major lies for them to unearth, at least that would have a massive impact on society as a whole. But of course recent events had shown her if anything that Luthor could always sink lower, as it turned out Luthor had used Myriad to brainwash the planet into forgetting he freed Zod and his army, plus several more of the most violent alien criminals in the universe who were rotting in the depths of the phantom zone suffering endlessly for their egregious crimes committed across the various galaxies that made up the DC universe they resided in. This in turn led to the total collapse of the united empire, once the world recalled the actual truth behind America winning WW3.

"Anyway the Empire is long gone alongside it's top secrete files, between ARGUS, corrupt high ranking members of the Light who wanted to erase any stored evidence of the most brutal heartless war crimes they commited during Luthor's reign as Magistrate, as well as super rich corporations & their wealthy executives, abusive military leaders, well connected celebrities with sick secrets, and more racing to destroy or cleanse any & all records or proof of actions they performed bodly throughout Lex's two decades of global tyranny." Kara finished before letting out a sigh, pointing out that even if Luthor himself. had no plan, there were several other people responsible for terrible things who would have prioritized the eradication of United Empire files that contained evidence of their actions.

"Holy shit, when you put it like that, we've really got our work cut out for us, and the cherry on top is millions of random people walking around with new powers, some or many of whom where probably already terrible people without them." Chu summarized outloud, in light of all the groups & people who had a stake in making sure any records Lex had of their actions ended up missing, but that still wasn't enough to make him give up.

"Well it's certainly a-lot, but it's not the end of the world, thankfully I think we're past that stage now, we just need to deal with the bastards who intend to make the world a living hell. Firstly I have an idea that may lead us to more clues on getting the identity of our speedster, Jesse's friend Vibe, has powers that allow him to manifest visions of an object's past and/or future if he makes physical contact with it. The remains of the original Still Zone portal are being held in a minimum security safehouse in Gotham, Bruce Wayne had it moved as well as the remains of numerous other items during his brief tenure as head of national security for the united empire, both Jesse and Tony aka Vibe departed from Hideout X, and are taking a break from being members of the team, but I'm sure Tony will have no problem lending us a hand. Both of them are living at Star Labs, in downtown Central, but we only need Tony. A few of us should go out to talk to him, request his help, and then go to the warehouse in Gotham, so that he can use his powers on the remains of the Zone portal to search it's early history for any ties to a speedster." Kara concluded, summarizing her plan to continue following up on the lead Stuart provided them about the Still Zone & the elusive speedster they were after.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 1:00 am

Sandra retrieved Amy's thoughts from Morgan.  "Ya know I was married once, in another world, my old world.  In some way I'm not even sure I can really be mad.  Jon's spiralling out of control and it's not out of the whelm of the possibility that Amy's after become desperate.  As someone who's been madly in love myself, I know I would have lied for my significant other if the truth was going to lead to problems."  Sandra sighed as it seemed Amy found herself in a tough spot.  Things seemed to be worse with Jon than they had even thought.  "It's clear after what happened with Morgan and now Amy trying to downplay the state of mind he's in, we're going to have to be extremely cautious with Jon."

Morgan then contacted Sandra telepathically expressing regret for revealing the lies and feeling the betrayal felt by others  It's alright Morgan, you did the right thing even if it wasn't easy to do.  Don't let this lie come between you two, Amy's just in a tough situation right now.  This XK is affecting Jon's rationality, he's starting to lose and like I said to the others I think Amy is panicking.

Sandra agreed with the others that they should leave Amy and Jon alone in hopes Amy can get through to him.  "So this TBI had gone after Barry for trying to alter time to save his wife and daughter.  Well at least so far their story seems consistent."  Seeing Barry mourn his family that was a pain Sandra understood all too well."  Sandra would hate to interrupt Barry but their shot at the TBI was approaching.  "Well who should go get him?  I can relate to his pain but it's best someone he knows goes to talk to him."

Seconds after Jon escaped Amy had arrived back hearing the commotion.  Cursing she retrieved her sword and lasso.  "Sandra, um Sandra you there?"  Just as Sandra had told her she picked up the message and responded asking what was wrong.  Jon's escaped, I don't know how but he's free.  Amy had half a mind to go straight back to Jon's drug stash and level the entire place, destroying every bit of Jon's XK with it.  Picking up on these thoughts Sandra responded with urgency No no no, please don't do that!  Consider Jon's state of mind since taking this stuff, doing that might cause him to flip out entirely.  Amy took a deep breath to relax and compose herself, Sandra was likely right on this.  It bothered her how much this XK was fucking with Jon's mind and it bothered her seeing what Jon was becoming.

-----

"Well I can handle the transportation" Jessica stated, it was just determining who's come along with her.  Kara had the most knowledge on all this but she might also want to stay behind and lead the team.  Dale was proving very effective at getting a read on people.  Hercules was strong but this didn't sound like a brute force kind of mission.  "I'll go if you need a partner."  Tesla had volunteered herself.

Last edited by justinlynch3 on Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolvena

Wolvena

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Rosalie Zadoorian

Rosalie stood back in silence as the conversations continued, and the teams were decided. When Rider handed her the paper, she took it from him, looked it over, then tucked it into a pocket of her jacket. She stayed silent as they discussed the final details, then prepared herself for the teleportation to where she’d be staying for a while. After being teleported, Rose collected herself and looked around at her new surroundings. This place was definitely better than what she had been used to staying in over the years. “This isn’t a bad place.” she told Rider. “It’s definitely better than what I’m used to.” She had a slight smile on her lips as she walked around, taking in a bit more of the place she was going to be calling home for whoever knew how long. She then turned around and faced Rider. “So, do I get a tour of the place, or am I free to walk around on my own?” she asked in a joking manner. It was clear that the walls she had up before when they met had started to come down after all the time they had spent together.

Rosie Rawlins

As Rosie rode her steel steed away from the man she humiliated, several others had confronted her to steal her steed. She eluded them all, even having to go as far as jumping over them, all without harming them too badly. “This place is full of Dunderheads.” she said to herself. “I need to find a place to hunker down for a bit.” she spoke to herself. She finally came across an abandoned parking garage and steered her steed into it. She rode to the halfway point to get a good vantage point. Hopping off her steed, she walked herself and her steed over to a wall, where she took a seat with a heavy sigh. “This place is even more loco than home.” she said, taking off her hat and placing it on the ground next to her. She received a snort from her steel steed in response, which caused her to laugh slightly. “If only you could talk. It would make bein’ here so much easier.” she told her steed. “If this keeps up, it’s lookin’ like I might have to go around on foot.” She leaned her head against the wall, closed her eyes and sighed heavily.
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 3:27 pm

Morgan listened to Sandra's words of wisdom about love, her. experience with marriage in a previous life, and reasons why Amy might/would resort to lying for Jon. Listening to the Phoenix's words had a soothing effect on the martian, allowing her to demonstrate more patience with her close friend in spite of her apparent lies to the group. "I see I didn't even think of it from that angle, I see now that I was priortizing my own feelings above the truly terribly conflicting situation she's going through" Morgan spoke aloud even though she had received Sandra's private telepathic response to her own. Thank you, your words to the others have given me some much needed perspective about Amy's situations. I must admit I myself have never had the pleasure of being madly in love with anyone, although I'm not a stranger to the pleasant sensual situations the touch of another can bring. Morgan stopped to blush after the last comment she projected to the Phoenix, feeling like she'd perhaps "said" too much, and briefly wondered why she'd decided to clarify to Sandra that while she had never had a deep romantic relationship, she wasn't a total stranger to love or sex.

"Well that might be a problem, considering almost everyone close to him is dead, or otherwise unable to talk to him right now such as Jon's father." Morgan spoke up explaining that they had limited options to finding someone to talk to Barry who he knew. Cyborg decided to speak up "Well of everyone here, I'm the one Barry is the most familar with, aside from Velocity his son, the only living family he has left. "

"That's not good then, right around the time before Jesse left the team, I spoke to him asking how he was going about rekindling the relationship with his father, seeing as how he was assumed dead. Long story short he told me that Barry insisted that he stay away from him, or he would end up dead like everyone else he loved. " Morgan frowned as she recalled the heavy amount of negative emotions flowing through Jesse when they had this conversation a few days ago.

"Well I don't know him at all." Sean said to the others before finishing the rest of his statement. "But he's one of the TBI's main targets that we know of aside from Sandra & Morgan, and we've seen some of what there capable of, and the lengths they'll go to get their target which include getting rid of anyone trying to stop them, so maybe Barry's fears aren't completly baseless." Sean concluded, referencing of course TBI's advanced tech miles ahead of anything the SXM had encountered in their world such as dampners that worked on more then superhumans, more advanced version of the Superman android Eradicator, & even concentrated anti matter bombs.

Cyborg sighed, once again speaking up. "And although like I said, I do know Barry, our relationship isn't exactly in a good place. After he went missing, his best friend & Tony's father the original Vibe, " TheCisco Ramon approached me claiming that he wasn't dead, but trapped somewhere in time, & asked me to use my technology powers to help rescue him. I looked over the supposed proof finding it to be inconclusive, and I went to get a second opinion from the then President Luthor about helping Vibe. Of course he shut down the idea, convincing me that with most of the League dead the world couldn't afford the risk of loosing one of it's few remaining "Heroes"." The half man half machine hero took a brief pause as he reflected on the grim details that resulted in his falling out with Barry.

"Anyway my refusal to participate in the rescue mission didn't detour Vibe. Sure he wanted the help of my powers, but he didn't NEED them, but what he did need was someone with my knowledge, so he convinced the only other person with said knowledge to help my father Silas Stone, in exchange for promising Barry would go back in time to give my mother medication that would have prevented her passing but wasn't completed until 3 years after her sickness killed her. The mission was a failure, one that costed the life of my father, Vibe & Barry's other friends who joined in to help them."

"Holy shit.."Nick said as Cyborg finished his regaling tale on the history between Cyborg & Barry. Sean just shook his head "So you blamed him for your father's death, and he blames you for Vibe & his friends death, so sending you to get Barry at the grave alone ain't a good idea."

"No not at all" Cyborg agreed solemly. "However I won't let that stop me, after all this is our best shot at the TBI, & he hates them more then he hates me. Sandra I know you says you don't know him, that's true. But your both targets of the TBI, with family that you don't want to leave alone & unprotected, as you said you can relate to his pain, which in turns makes you our best chance of relating to him, and the safest way to reach out to him. The best solution is me AND you go speak to Barry, but not in person, use your powers to take me and you into his mind where he can't run away, and will be forced to listen to us, I can tell him about the situation at hand that we have a chance to get the TBI, and you can relate to his pain & get him to help us." Cyborg concluded, with Morgan & then the others agreeing this was the best course of action, but that they needed to act fast as their window of opportunity with the TBI was rapidly approaching.
Jon emerged from the sun, hurtling back to earth at full speed, his first stop was the apartment where he had his XK stashed, he tore open the floor boards to his hiding spot, grabbing the safe that had all his remaining doses of XK in it. Using his x ray vision he confirmed that all his doses were still present, then slung the safe over his back and burst out the apartment at great speed. His next step was Angel's underground desert safe house located in the outskirts of the desert about 20 miles from Las Vegas. Searching his memory he then typed in the code to the safe house, and made his way inside. After speeding around the safehouse, he planted the safe in the most secure spot. Then zipped around the place to make sure he left no sign of his entry, before walking out and re-entering the code to lock up the safe house. "Alright now then that's taken care of, it's time to get back to business." Jon wasn't leaving empty handed, while the safe had been moved to a new location that Amy & the others didn't know about, he still pocketed four doses of XK to keep with him.
Kara nodded her head. "Perfect sounds like you two got that taken care of, go on." Dale also spoke up "I'll go as well, I mean my magical ability to read emotions might prove invaluable again, I know this Vibe guy ain't gonna be as volatile as Stuart, but still him & Jesse left the team, and did so for a reason, one we don't know about, so my ability to read people might come in handy with Tony" Dale summarized, elaborating on why he wished to accompany Jessica & Tesla on this mission.

"Damn well I can't read people, but I was about to suggest that I can tag along with the ladies." Chu added, although unlike Dale he didn't h ave any legitimate contribution to the squad, and Kara figured he just wanted to go because Tesla was going.

"Well like Dale said, they left the team for a reason, so it's probably best we don't send too many people to get Tony's help. Besides I think the three of them are enough for this task, and while this speedster's identity is paramount for us to uncover, there's still plenty of other things we need to handle." Kara added and Chu just nodded his head.

"Alright...then." He didn't argue, mainly because unlike Dale there was nothing his powers. specifically could add to the mission. He walked over to Tesla to give her a quick kiss. "Be safe baby, promise you'll make it back home to me."

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 6:05 pm

Jesse was at Star Labs meetintg with Nash Wells, who had made his exit from ARGUS. Although Dawn Waller didn't want that due to his huge contributions to the completion of the global particle accelerator explosion, based off of blue prints Rush had recovered from his father via time travel. "So what your saying is you think we have a way to contain these metahumans. Based off some past research from your father? The same one who contributed to the initial particle accelerator explosion in central city decades ago.

"Look we have to do something about these people! I have to do something about my mistake, and then I have to track down the bastard who talked me into doing this for ARGUS claiming it was the only way to liberate the world from Luthor's control" Nash explained, while Jesse folded his arms. He had gotten off to a rocky relationship with Nash when he came to take control of Star Labs, but he proved useful with his wide array of scientific knowledge, and had access to his father's research on speedsters, as well as intel to help him hone his powers in the long since abandoned speed lab that was in the lab.

"Yeah your mistake, your the reason that my life is much harder, so forgive me for having questions about if this plan of yours to imprison dangerous metas is gonna work. And listen I'm not even involved with the justsice force no more, and I don't know about those other heroes associated with that female telepath your talking about. " Jesse explained denying any access or association with the Force or the SXM, mainly because he no longer wanted to have his name torn down by slander.

"Look then we can't wait on cops or judges to pass laws, that takes weeks, months, there's gonig to be more police killing metas, and then it's a matter of time before some charismatic meta comes along, using those murders as a tool to unify metas living in fear, to start a cult following, and then we have a major problem, not just random unorganized metas acting out their violent impulses as a result of their new powers, or working for sleazy criminal enterprise's who just want to monetize their powers to maximize their illegal earnings, but a fucking superhuman sociopathic nut case with an army of powered individuals under his thrall." Nash concluded, the scientist seemed to have much guilt & regret, for his role he played in the particle accelerator, even though based off what he said, he was manipulated by ARGUS, who in turn where manipulated by some mysterious individual who had so much knowledge about things that the majority of the world no longer recalled until the very incident he used Nash & ARGUS to trigger.

"Look your right that's a bad thing, but most of the active metas we're dealing with are new to their powers, I doubt any of them whose had their powers for a total of three weeks are capable of becoming an evil meta mutant messiah, I mean yeah I've had my powers for years, and there's a few others just like me, and then of course those who were liberated from the still zone, but damn near all of them are in psych wards or the ones with enough sanity to particpate in society are mostly reclusive shut in's with intense PTSD. " Jesse replied, but he saw a point to what Nash was saying. As a CSI for CCPD, he didn't know if he agreed with what would essentially amount to unlawfully imprisoning individuals with no trial, which plaina nd simple was kidnapping. Then again Nash wasn't talking about just nabbing random metas, and tossing them in without shutting the key, but ones who were actively using their powers to incite violence & harming others, as without sufficient means to contain them LEO's would continue engaging in lethal tactics to defend the community, and no judge would persecute them for police brutality as they themselves also feared violent metas.

'Alright fine, you said you've gotten materials from two solar towers, and already started to outfit the containment units within Star Labs here right? Then I'll start bringing any unlawful metas I combat here to protect the rest of the city from them, but as soon as the law agrees to start implementing your technology in Iron Heights, then I refuse to illegally detain any more metas at that point, and we leave it in the hands of the law, that's my only deal, only offer, take it or leave it? What's it gonna be Nash?" Jesse held out his hand, and Nash seeing that was his best option extended his own hand to shake the speedsters.

"You won't regret this Allen, I promise we're doing good work. Besides you talk about how some of them can be rehabiliated, but that's not possible if there riddled with bullets is it." Nash grabbed his shoulders shaking them firmly while further encouraging him. "Yeah that's right, you know I'm right, I mean I always am, you should be lucky you got you a Wells on your team, from what I hear, your father God rest his soul, wouldn't have progressed with his own powers as fast as he did without my father's help."

"Alright Alright Wells, don't push it too far, look I gotta get going. Just make sure to help out Tony with comms, at least until we can find another team member to assist with that role, someone that the whole team can trust." Jesse concluded, before Nash backed up and went to go implement the finish touches on his dark matter containment cells, while Jesse sped to the monitor room to converse with Tony & inform him he was about to go on patrol the streets of Central for an hour before he had to go to CCPD and clock into his shift as a CSI.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 6:32 pm

Morgan was relieved in a way when Cyborg starting talking, not giving Sandra time to dwell on and possibly question her about on the love and sex comment. Little did the Martain know there was even more going on than she knew. Not long after Cyborg finished running down his history with Barry Amy landed back at the group. "You can't be finished with Jon already?" Katy posed that question having been just lingering in the background taking things in since arriving on Asgard. Amy shook her head indicating no. "I'm afraid we're far from done. Sandra." Sandra herself took over the conversation upon Amy passing the reins to her. "Amy already reached out to me a few minutes ago, right before you told us your history with Barry, Cyborg. Jon escaped. He'd managed to somehow get loose of the binds Amy left him in, Lasso Of Truth tied around him and attached to Amy's sword which she had plunged into the ground. Given his weakened state under the red sunlight it should have been impossible for him to have gotten free, yet by the time Amy arrived back he was gone."

Sandra having been linked up with Amy knew ever since her flight back to Jon that she had not released him, and Morgan after hearing the story confirmed the same. However Jon had done it, he'd legit managed to escape. Amy spoke again "We have to after him before he has another drug induced rage." While everyone could agree Jon was dangerous, heck he'd attacked Gothem twice now. There was a major conflicting interest, the TBI.

-----

"Of course I'll be safe. It's not like I'm heading out to fight Intergang on my own." Tesla found it somewhat adorable how concerned Chulance was so concerned with her going on such a mundane mission all things considered, seeing all they've been through previously even in just this new world alone. Jessica opened a portal to Star Labs "Alright lets get a move on."

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 8:32 pm

As the three walked through the portal, they entered star labs in the central room right as a huge red and green streak blew past them producing a huge amount of wind that nearly knocked the trio off their feat. Courtesy of them happening to portal in right as Velocity aka Jesse was running by them at speeds faster then light, and had they popped in right infront of them they might all be dead except for Jesse thanks to the GL ring's auto shield. "Holy shit talk about rapid winds, jeez only one minute into the mission, Chu woulda had a heart attack." Dale teased, he was joking, and all things considered they'd had worst more dangerous entries on SXM missions.

Suddenly Nash Wells the owner of star labs walked in having just been downstairs working on his dark matter cells with Tony, with Nash pulling out a huge bionic bi phase plasma rifle. "Alright I don't know who the hell you guys are, but you broke into the wrong lab! Whatever your looking for turn the hell around, and go because we don't have it or I'll blast you into the afterlife." Nash put his finger on the advanced weapon which appeared motion sensitive and it began charging up a huge amount of energy, so much that the temperature began to rapidly raise around the three indicating that this weapon was no oridinary weapon, as the monitors and computer screens started going crazy, lights started flickering, with Dale using his magic to analyze the weapon then stepped back.

"Oh shit that thing fires a blast strong enough to atomize a small country, but contain the damage to a small area...guys I think that area is us." Dale finished.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 10:11 pm

"Amy I understand you're worried about Jon but unfortunately we don't have the time to tracking him down right now. But I promise as soon as the TBI are out of the way we'll help with Jon." Sandra hated telling Amy that Jon was basically a secondary issue, but the TBI were just too big of a threat to ignore. "Cyborg when you're ready." Cyborg came over by Sandra, she connected to Cyborgs and projected the two of them into Barry's mind telepathically. "Hello Barry, this is Phoenix of the SXM along with Cyborg of the Justice Force. I'm so sorry to disturb you are such a difficult time, but this is very important."

-----

Tesla stood bravely and addressed the man in a firm but professional manner. "Listen we're now some newbies that got our powers ago due to the accelerator, nor are we crooks that want to steal anything. I'm Diamo and this (Dale) is Spiderman, and she (Jessica) is the Green Lantern of the SXM. We're hear under order of Supergirl and require the assistance of Vibe, or Tony as you may know him."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate DC Uprising
Page 38 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next