Yellow Flag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of HU

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Alternate DC Uprising

Go down 
+5
Mike B
LuckyMan
shinigamiriku
justinlynch3
Marvel
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 10:43 pm

Troy thought about it. "I'd like to know more about these meta's he's got. While it's one thing to plan to overthrown him if he turns against us, there is no doubt he is putting his plans in place to defend himself in that event. It'd benefit us to know what his help is capable of." Troy pointed out that while they have plans, they should expect this Derek Powers to also have counter plans. A man like him isn't giving up his vast wealth without a fight.

-----

After Dave left Sandra whispered a take care to him. It was a hard situation because while Dave hated her due to the breakup, the same wasn't really true for Sandra. Yes she didn't want to be with him, but as bad as their marriage had gotten she still never hated him. She even initially offered him the opportunity to stay with the SXM, though she understood why he didn't take her up on that and left. Sandra turned her attention back to Dave, Abby and Chloe wanting to comfort them as much as she could. It tore her heart to have to bring such news but she felt it was ultimately the right call that she told them all everything.

Sandra had promised to check back in on Morgan and just as she wondered how the Martian was holding up Morgan reached out to her. To Sandra's surprise Morgan had already taken it upon herself to start interrogating them. Sandra responded telepathically to Morgan "Don't beat yourself up over Morgan. If I had to guess they probably have some sort of tech shielding their minds. If that's the case it's likely even I won't be able to get much out of them. So these people actually are from a legit agency and are from the 25th century? I wonder what they had Barry imprisoned for? I'll try to join you in a bit but Morgan, thank you for taking the reigns on this while I'm with my family. I know you was feeling pretty down yourself when we last talked, so I hadn't expected you'd already be looking for answers from them. I'm, well, proud of you. Sandra didn't mean to come off as motherly towards Morgan or anything, but it did please her to see Morgan being productive and not just wallowing in dispear and regret.

-----

Amy and Tesla with no other leads decided to check the news stations. They saw Jessica making a report for the Daily Planet in Gothem. "Huh so that's her day job" Tesla stated. While the Daily Planet was based out of Metropolis it wasn't uncommon for publications to expand out to get a bi scoop. Besides Jessica was a green lantern which undoubtedly gave her certain advantages. As the camera panned around showing the chaos with the metahuman uprising, police forces VS The Light, etc they caught a quick glimpse of a man who flew off. "That's him! That's Jon!!" Amy exclaimed. Tesla however was unsure "What? Sorry but how the hell can you tell, his face was covered." For Amy however it wasn't covered well enough. "Oh trust me, I know Jon when I see him. He has to hide his face much better than that to fool me." Tesla opted to accept Amy's judgement. "He's in Gothem. So where do you think he's flew off to?" Amy gave that question some thought. "If he is hooked on XK then I'd imagine somewhere discreet. I do remember him talking about busting an XK operation around that area. I say we go look around."

With a lead and possible direction all that was left to do was for the girls to head out and attempt to track Jon's trail.

Previously owned - Playstation, Nintendo 64, XBOX, XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 12:28 am

"Well as long as they got that technopath on their side, that puts us at a disadvantage potentially at the same level of Brainiac, albeit probably not on a global scale, but even a city radius could be problematic, it means any talk of taking him on or plotting against him, in any way, shape, or form has to be done away from technology." Greg pointed out now for the first time frustrated since signing on to this partnership with Derek Powers, who according to the temperature alterations taking place sporadically indicated Powers had a metahuman power, a dangerous one, one he was struggling to get control of. Cole turned the channel on the TV showing Gotham Police reporting about another jewerly store that had been robbed in the past week, by a criminal the media dubbed the "Phantom Slasher" as the criminal was suspected of being invisible, and not only that very handy with a sword as all her victims were either dead or injured from sword wounds courtesy of the invisible murderous thief. "Holy shit, people in this world are going friggin nuts with these new powers." Cole shouted as a graphic warning was given before showing pictures of three workers killed two of which were beheaded, and the third had their chest cut open. "Shit if I got ahold of her, I could make invisible clones, but that mofo ain't playing around, and I need line of sight or at least a DNA sample to make a duplicate." Cole remarked which caused another idea to spark for Greg. He went to youtube to play footage of the news using his temperature powers to scan for heat signatures and paused the youtube video as he focused on the signature of someone who appeared to be unseen by the cameras, with a bag of jewels slung over their back, a sword in one hand drenched in blood, and a pony tail. He described the outline's features to his sons. "Troy with your powers you can spot people based on heat signatures as well? Based on what I can see from the outline from this phantom slasher's physique, and hairline they appear to be female. "That's it, that's the answer to our intel on Derek Powers metas, Troy capture her, and take her to our underground hideout so Cole can duplicate her, before the heroes bring her in or worse our competiton gets her on payroll."
Morgan was eager to hear back from Sandra, even in these bleak of times. Thank you Sandra, I'm doing my best, and taking your advice to heart, although I don't feel any better about the innocents I helped put in the still zone, or the fact that there's even more bad things Me and the rest of the justice force could have done for luthor & the empire whilst thinking it was good, i know that you have a good heart, and got nothing but good intentions, so even if these TBI guys are legit, I'm no longer putting blind faith in governments, especially ones from 300 years in the future who haven't told us what we did wrong. Morgan responded to Sandra's telepathic call, while going to get some ice cream from the kitchen area where she spotted Hercules, & Ledge smoking cigars in the closed off smoke/break room. "So you martians really can't help yourselves when it comes to sweets." Dale responded swinging from another hallway, with a tablet in his hand.

"Oh well haha yeah I guess we do all have that in common." Morgan said blushing not out of finding him attractive, but embarrassment, she had no shame in her love of sweets but still didn't like the webhead calling her out on it.

"Hey I'm not tryna sterotype, I don't got green skin, but I'll never turn down skittles, or a box of nerds." Dale replied when suddenly the base went off with security alarms, and Ledge who'd finished his cigar came running out to the join the two across from the prisoner containment where Chronos & Sadia was, only for a blast of heat vision to go off as both Ledge & Dale's enhanced senses picked up on another TBI agent bursting into the base to break them out. "Agent Eradicator has arrived, operation EVAC is in commision" A futuristic version of Eradicator, Superman's android clone dressed in a TBI uniform arrived using the intiial blast to free Chronos & Sadia from their cells, then using follow up blasts to aim at nearby areas in the base, with Ledge leaping forward to take a blast about to strike Morgan & Dale, slamming into the wall as a blast blew a hole through his chest. He was already regenerating, as Eradicator placed two patches on the rescued TBI agents, summoning duplicates of the futuristic armor they had on earlier. Seconds later android sized Sentinels appeared also in TBI uniforms with Eradicator yelling at them to capture the fugitives. Alex joined the fight in his hulk form smashing one of the sentinels into a wall, while Dale spun webs around another's arms and legs swinging him around at full strength until letting go sending him hurtling into a wall of the base.

"Damn it, leave us alone." Alex shouted as two TBI sentinels blasted him into a wall, while Dale spun webs swinging from the roof to fight back against the sentinels, while Chronos & Sadia took flight using their armors to open a time portal and vanish into it. A furious Kara emerged from the skies seconds after the agents vanished furious they escaped, more so after seeing they'd turned her cousin's kryptonian android fail safe into their weapon in the future. "Damn it, Luthor had the empire build the still zone, and even in the future america's government is still stealing krypton's technology! " She flew down at sonic speed entering hideout X and smashing a sentinel, and began trading blows with the TBI Eradicator who used solar blasts from his hands infused with red solar radiation on a massive level to weaken her and blast her through several walls with force. "Stand down Kara Zor-El, do not align yourself with these criminals, less the TBI be forced to bring you in as well."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 10:30 am

Troy confirmed that yes he can see heat signatures as well. "I'll take a look for her. If she was smart she'd already be long gone by now. So lets hope she was stupid enough to have hung around the area." Troy look his leave teleporting to an alley in Gothem. He started out taking a walk around the block to the entrance of the jewellery store, keeping a low profile for now. Using his heat vision he started scanning surrounding buildings and ally way, even streets for the woman in question. Unfortunately being a crowded and chaotic city there were heat signatures absolutely everywhere. But this invisible woman did carry a sword, which was a fairly rare weapon of choice.

-----

A massive force then slammed into Eradicator slamming him through the floor and into the basement level, impacting the thick concrete below cracking. The machine was lifted and forcefully slammed down several times before being flung into the far back wall of the compound basement. Then glowing in the darkness rose a Phoenix construct of cosmic energy. "The SXM since arriving in this universe has done nothing but save lives and aid the Justice Force in exposing Luther's lies. Then all of a sudden you TBI people show up accusing us of some vague crimes against time and have the nerve to label us as criminals. Return to your masters machine or be destroyed. If this TBI wants to talk and actually explain what's going on, I'm willing to hear them out. If there is a problem with the timeline perhaps there is something I can do to help your people set things straight again. But this, ambushing and attacking us. These tactics will not be tolerated."

This TBI has particularly struck a nerve with Sandra as their tactics so far as been reminiscent of the MRD. If these people really were the so called good guys they claim to be, they wouldn't have any problems coming to the heroes of this time and simply explain what was going on.

-----

Amy and Tesla made their way to Gothem. By the time they arrived Jessica's crew was already packing up to move to the next story. The two opted not to bother the reporter as they figured she wouldn't know where Jon is anyway. The two continued their way Amy leading to where Jon said the bust happened. "You think he's in there?" Tesla asked. "One way to find out. It's a bit of a shame your powers don't match your name." Tesla was confused for a second until she realised Amy was referring to Nikola Tesla, one of the pioneers of electricity. She guessed this world was bound to have some similarities to her old one. "Oh ha ha, very funny Wonder Girl." Still being able to get into the electrical grid, maybe even checking cameras and such admittedly would be useful. The two descended down to the building and entered inside. They were somewhat cautious as while Amy knew Jon maybe better then almost anybody, who knows ultimately what being doped up on XK was doing to him.

-----

News crews and stations were being worked overtime as yet another report came in from central. A reporter named Kitty Colemen was reporting on a mysterious killer, yet another rouge meta among the countless others that had popped up. This one seemed to leave their victims completely frozen in ice. "This is very strange indeed. The killer still unknown strikes in silence. He or she are selective of their targets, and they seem not to want to steal anything. Theft is unlikely as police report a lot of the targets this icy killer has hit are actually low income families."

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Tasha had left the scene, but her bloodlust from this newfound power to alter her visibility had left her psyche worst for wear, she knew the Batman was coming for her, but like her new partner she met in Arkham shriek they both had newfound powers, and a desire to acquire vengenace for him. "It ends now you crazy bitch" Terry screamed from the skies as he swooped down body slamming the invisible swordswoman sending her hurtling across the ally into a dumpster. He had installed infared visions in his own suit to detect her. "Oh you think it's over Batman?"

"Yeah I do, I'm taking your ass to Arkham, invisible or not, after I'm doing beating your ass you wont have the energy to vanish from anyone's line of sight." Terry screamed out when he got an alert from Lena, activating his jet boots just in time as he triggered a motion sensor bomb that she'd made invisible. "Damn it"! Right as Terry was about to move a blast of pure sound slammed into him mashing him through windows above, Shriek was seen in some sophisticated armor built to amplify sound waves.. "Your fights with me Batman?" Shriek said using sound waves to fly forwards going up and through the smashed window tracking down Terry, while Tasha laughed her trap being set turning invisible again and running down the ally unbeknownst to her that she was running into Troy's line of sight even if she escaped Batman, and left him entagled with his own fight against Shriek.
Ledge plunged his claws into one of the sentinels, while Dale used his magic combined with web shooters to make acidic webs to melt another one, while Kara moved at super speed tearing two other sentinels in half, Morgan herself had gotten back up even as one sentinel deployed extreme thermal energy to bring her down, but luckily Luke in full metal skin rose up alerted to Morgan's situation thanks to David of all people using telepathy and managed to rip the sentinel in half. "T..Thank you." Morgan said in between gasps for breath as Ledge went over to help her up, nodding to Luke, when another sentinel android came in a massive bolt of electricity surged forward frying it's circuits courtesy of Elle, who like Luke & Ledge were back with the main team after the Rebels mission was done. "Stay down metal head." Elle said with a grunt as she fried the last of the TBI's sentinels, technology that didn't even originate from this world, but from their own.

"How the hell did these guys get sentinel technology?! That's from our world" Ledge said irate, as Kara burst into the room using X Ray vision to examine the remains of the destroyed sentinels.
"Well believe it or not, these Time Feds are getting played too, as someone else messed with time to give them the equipment, but someone with the ability to move through or alter time without their technology picking up on it, and it's state of the art temporal technology, even more advanced then any we had on Krypton prior to it's destruction." Kara announced as she completed her X-ray vision scan to determine how a future agency from the DC world had access to any technology from the marvel universe

We do not conduct conversations with criminals or terrorists, Miss Fuller and neither shall I" The Eradicator agent activated a bomb, an anti matter bomb to be exact. At the last second Wally using his max speed evacuated everyone from Hideout X racing all of them to a parking garage nearby as the anti matter bobm went off erasing Hideout X not just from time, but from reality itself. Wally fell to the ground breathing heavilly as he just managed to get everyone out including Phoenix all except the Eradicator who either was erased from the blast or pulled back to the future by the TBI. Wally created a speed force barrier around everyone as a wave of temporal energy washed over the planet, as the anti matter explosion wiping out the base slightly altered history. "What just happened." Morgan asked in distress as she felt waves of psionic energy from the temporal alterations caused by the explosion.

Wally caught his breath and spoke. "They used an anti matter bomb, anti matter is the most destructive force in the multiverse, it literally wipes away any matter it touches, not only that erasing it from existence, but it's also the most illegal explosive in the universe, simply getting caught with it could get anyone sentenced to a thousand years in prison by the Lanterns." Wally explained as he dropped the barrier around the heroes and used his connection to the speed force to sense the exact temporal changes, while Morgan connected to his mind to broadcast his thoughts to the heroes. Luckily it simply erased Hideout X from existence, but as anti matter was used nothing short of cosmic powers on Galactus level, or even higher powers like those of 5th dimension reality warping could bring it back.

"Phoenix and everyone else, you heard Wally's thoughts, if these Time cops used that stuff, that means the Guardians are missing in the future and even the present time we're in." Morgan started off, as Hal & the Lanterns hadn't told the heroes of the Guardians vanishing simply because they had gone missing using stolen technology from Luthor while trying to use a weapon to wipe out New Krypton that would have resulted in the destruction of rann, thanagar, earth, & all other planets in this part of the galaxy. "They know we are not dead, but at the same time their explosion has cut off our location from them. From what Barry tells me these guys are serious, and I think we should use the explosion as a gift, i think from now on it's too risky to be all the same spot especially if our enemy is from the future. Not only that but Hideout X was an invisible base hidden with magic, our enemies are still cops, time cops, meaning they cant just try to snatch us up in public places, nor can they go as far as to do fucked up shit like kidnapping Martian Lady as a baby." Wally concluded noting that for now they should split up, but also not isolate themselves too much giving the time cops a perfect point in time to attack them without anyone around to witness it.
Jon had just finished using XK, this time smoking his dosage rather then injecting it he put away al. the other does hiding them in the floor board, and. looked at the news following stories, Brainiac was dead, and Luthor was on trial for crimes against the world, which meant there was one last thing he needed the abilities of XK to deal with before he planned to detox. Whipping out his phone he looked at an appointment he set up with a doctor his dealer refered him too, ironically enough the XK dealer owned two rehabs in Gotham, allowing her to make money getting people hooked, and getting them off. Not only that he'd also purchased a bottle of blue kryptonite infused methadone, which was a radical new detox medication for people coming off of. XK, albeit checking the calendar app on his phone he saw he only had 3 more weeks max of being able to abuse, before doctors were unsure if the liquid blue k detox would be as effective. He stopped when his enhanced super hearing picked up on two people coming. Not wanting to risk getting outed with his powers, he rushed over to the closet of the subuded dealers, and fetched a photon rifle using his own solar energy to supercharge it and kneeled behind the dresser. "Who the fuck is there? I hear you two, any weapons you got drop em, or I'll blast you motherfuckers to the after life!" Jon yelled out putting his thumb and finger on the photon rifle allowing it to loudly rev up as it charged.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 8:43 pm

With the general noise of the city the communion from Shriek and Terry's battle went unnoticed. Troy had just about assumed the woman must had left the city when she came running into his line of sight. He let her run past as if he someone normal who couldn't see her then took to the air to follow. Troy followed Tasha to a secluded area, once it was the two of them he teleported in front of her punching her in the gut. The suddenly impact shocked her knocking the wind out of her and caused her to buckle over, Troy gave her a hard elbow to the back of the spine between the shoulder blades knocking her to the ground face down. Pressing his boot on the back of the skull and squatting her face into the dirt her leaned down picking up the bag of stolen goods. "I didn't come for this but it seems you have good tastes. If you were smart enough to steal the genuine goods and not the cheap knockoff stuff, we may be able to move this for a petty penny." Troy tied the bag back over and booted Tasha in the face. He picked up the woman tossing her over his right shoulder, bag of goods in his left hand he teleported the two back to Greg and Cole. "One admittedly not unattractive bitch for any of our needs. And a bag of loot to boot. All secured and delivered."

-----

"So these times are using not just tech they shouldn't have access to but tech that's highly illegal on an intergalactic scale. And they see us as the enemy." Perpetua being the one behind her universe destruction Sandra had to wonder if she played a hand in all this? The comment about the anti-matter bomb was intriguing as well. But reporting this TBI to the Lanterns wasn't going to amount to much if the forces of Earth couldn't get their hands on some proof. "I have to agree splitting up sounds like the most solid plan right now. Perhaps small groups of about ten could help in us staying under their radar better." As Wally said you wanted to go small, but not too small. She thought about six-seven at first, that'd work if it was just SXM, but since it was SXM and Justice Force, maybe that would split up the teams a little too much.

-----

"Oh Jon, I really doubt you'll pull that trigger." The voice caused Jon to pause, it was Amy. As sure enough Amy rounded the corner into the room, he saw her flanked by Tesla. "I'm glad we found you. To be honest we all the dealers we've busted and so called criminals we've brought in over the years, it was a total shot in the dark this is where you'd be."

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 7:19 pm

Cole used his powers to download her DNA template of Tasha, his eyes flaring with light as he did so. "Got her template I can make a duplicate of her now, Troy take her to the underground prison and drop her off, we don't need the original running around while we've got the copy till we find out more of the powers Derek has and his new metas. "Cole was on point for sure as he focused his powers on creating a duplicate of Tasha, his clone Tasha  appeared and turned invisible, then visible, then put her sword in her sheath. Looking at the original she smirked. "Hmm I feel like I'm better then that beat up bitch" She said oozing with confidence which was a reflection of Cole's own emotions feeling great now that this new universe had just offered up millions of metas for him to clone to make him more of a powerful fighter again like in the old world, and a force to be reckoned with to help the family again.

Greg himself was proud, things were looking up for them compared to weeks ago when Lexaniac had them all running, damn near underground and with no technology due to him being a living virus. "Alright then send her out to investigate Derek Powers, the technopathic meta, any others working with him, and perhaps what Derek's own power is and why he's struggling to control it, while I do believe we should investigate him and his allies thoroughly, I've gotten a fine precise grip on my abilities, and while he may be an enemy later down the line, helping him control his powers if there posing a problem will cement his loyalty for now." Greg concluded wanting to see what his sons opinions on that idea were, as they were all in agreement to use him as an instrument to their rise of power in this world, which means they might have to fight him one day, and training him could bite them in the ass, but Greg felt that if Derek couldn't control his powers depending on what they were it could blow up the whole secrecy of their operation not to mention it would build true loyalty between them sonot only would Cole's duplicate get intel on his people but Derek would trust them enough to not be using them to dig up intel on them nor be monitoring them.
"Well in my experience that's usually how feds are, they see whoever they deem as criminals as scum, gum beneath their shoes, and even if they have to resort to illegal methods, things they would use to further throw in our face how bad we are, for them it's justified." Kara spoke surprisingly, despite helping the United Empire for the past two decades, and her family on Krypton on her father's side had sided with Zod, meaning she wasn't exactly a saint, but it did mean she had experience with authoratian governments, and the mindsets of their leaders.

Morgan agreed with what Sandra and Wally both said, she felt the need to point out that Sandra wasn't the leader of the justice force, and neither was the scarlet speedster, but with Jon being AWOl, and many having resentment with him for Zatari's death, in all honesty if everyone was listening to them it was best to keep those thoughts to herself. "Then let's do that, I can certainly see the logic behind us not all gathering together in an invisible location, if we're trying to avoid an enemy from the future, who wants to take us in but no doubt as a law agency, an American one at that, meaning there still trying to scrub the stains of working with Luthor & the Empire from their history, even if they are from 300 years in the future."

Morgan's brain started to churn with all the info they had about TBI, the United States, and their relationship with other countries in the future. "That's not America's first mistake, but being that it happened in modern times, in a period where humanity was able to record & document history visually, makes it more relevant, and as such they won't want to upset history in a way that'll upset the other countries, although considering there monitoring time it's also likely that this agency isn't solely American run, and could be an international venture, we have no idea what the political landscape of earth is in the 25th century where they come from, we need to obtain more information about the TBI as well, Sandra being that me and you are prime targets, I think we should recruit Barry to our ten men squad, and set a trap for whatever agents come next, and we also need Cyborg, his powers can override their tech allowing us a shot to really dig into their minds." Morgan finished, with Cyborg seemingly on board, but Barry was nowhere to be seen having left Hideout X long before the TBI's recent attack.
Jon was more ready to fire then Amy gave him credit for, with the XK abuse degreding his mind, messing with his sanity, and making him more paranoid then usual. Luckily he retained enough sense to lower his weapon when he spotted Amy, although he had to force down his rage to raise it back up or use his other powers offensively when he saw she was accompanied by Tesla.

He feared that she had went to her with information about his nasty new habit. "It would take more then luck for you to find me here though, as you just said we've taken in lots of thugs all over the world. " Jon cursed silently knowing that somewhere along the lines his erratic movement had caused him to leave a trail that Amy had picked up on in order to figure out he was in Gotham at all, as he'd used his heat vision to eradicate his JF comms. "Your glad you found me? Then why do I get the feeling I'm not about to like the way this conversation is going. Look whatever diamond girl told you, it's not true! There's two sides to every story! You can't take her word over mine! I'm not going back to jail, I'm not crazy, I'm only doing what I'm doing now so I can track down the monster that used me to kill all those people in Gotham, cause whoever he is, he's still out there, and it's not someone that was working for or with Luthor!

Jon started off on the defensive, not knowing what Tesla said, he didn't mention his budding XK addiction, but knew that GPD had put out a warrant for him, and his dad wouldn't dare use his political clout to help him, as even though he was the temp president there was still a growing number of people in the country and rest of the world who were starting to develop great fear & distrust of any & all aliens even the original Superman.

Back to top Go down
Wolvena

Wolvena

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 10:07 pm

Rosalie Zadoorian

Moments before the attack on the hideout, Rose had opened her eyes and pushed herself off the wall. She was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by all the people around her and the heaviness in the room. It had been a long time since she had been around so many people in one place. She had just reached the hallway to go to her room when the attack on the hideout happened. Before she could turn around, a sentinel came crashing in behind her, knocking her to the floor and causing her to hit her head. -You good, Sweetheart?- she heard Jason ask her. -Peachy!- she growled in return. Pushing herself back to her feet, Rose’s teeth grew into fangs and she attacked the sentinel as her fingernails grew into claws and her eyes took on a light purple glow. She tore the bot apart in an animalistic manner from her wolf side trying to take over. -Keep strong Sweetheart! We can’t afford that side taking over in this cramped space!- Jason warned, just before another sentinel attacked Rose from behind.

The sentinel went to wrap its arms around Rose, but she dropped to the floor, kicking its feet out from under it. Before it could get back up, she pounced on it and tore at it just as she did the other. As she ripped it apart, she threw the pieces to the side, then threw its head across the room with a deep growl in her throat. Taking to her feet once more, she was ready to take on another, but as she spun around, it became clear the others had taken care of them and Kara was now in the room, examining what was left of the sentinels. Rose growled low in her throat in irritation as Kara spoke. She was just starting to get used to this place and feeling like she was finally finding her place. The next thing she knew, a bomb was activated, and Wally whisked her and the others in the hideout to some parking garage that was nearby. Rose stood there with a hand over her slightly upset stomach, at least it wasn’t as bad as the last time she had been carried at super speed.

She then found a wall to lean against, then looked over the group with a sigh before her eyes landed on Morgan then Wally as they spoke. As she took in every word, she crossed her arms over her chest, nodding every once in a while. She had to admit that all this was quite interesting to her, even if it did make things quite difficult to all of them now. She could also get behind the idea of splitting up into small groups, but not ones that were too small. “I agree that splitting up would be the best idea with what we are dealing with right now.” she told them. “I also agree that it would make it harder for them to pick us off a few at a time.” she continued. “Anyone have any preferences on who they want to be paired with?” Since I’m the newest person here, it makes no difference to me.” She only said this, thinking that some of them probably worked well with certain one and not others.

Rosie Rawlins

Since arriving, Rosie had been pouring herself over any and all information she could get her hands on trying to figure out where in the hell she was. She soon found out she was in Gotham City, even if it wasn’t the one she recognized. It seemed, on one of her trips to Gotham, she had been somehow transported to another Earth. Which seemed to have happened to several others before. She educated herself on the history of this new Earth she had arrived on and finding out what she was exposed to on her arrival was a particle accelerator explosion that caused many humans, like herself, to become what they called Metahumans. On this day, she had decided to educate herself on everything she could involving Metahumans, just to see what was in store for her. Seeing as she had no way back to her Earth and no way to contact any of her loved ones, she might as well get used to living here and seeing what she could be up against.

As she poured herself of the information, it was beginning to get loud and rowdy. Yes, it had been that way before, but there was something different about this time. She tried her best to ignore it, but it was getting harder and harder to ignore. This whole city had gone completely crazy and was getting crazier by the day. Sighing in frustration, she stood up from her seat, and grabbed her hat, placing it back on her head. Rosie knew if she stayed any longer, she would be pulled into something she didn’t want to be a part of. She was still learning what powers she had gotten from the particle accelerator exposition and didn’t want to draw any unwanted attention to herself than she already got by her attire. Exiting the building, she gave a melodic whistle, calling her mechanical steed. It came running up to her and she hopped on and rode off, dodging anyone that just so happened to fall or walk into her path.

She just wanted to get away from it all and have time to think about what she had just learned. Rounding a corner, she came upon a rather large man blocking her path, which made her pull back on the reins, bringing her steed to a sliding stop. Rosie looked the smirking man up and down before her eyes fell on his as her hand hovered over one of her pistols. “Now look here, I ain't lookin’ for no trouble.” she told the man. “Oh, there won’t be any if you are a good girl and hand over that robot. “Ain’t happenin’.” she said as she glared at him. “Then it looks like we’re doing this the hard way.” he shot back. He started to advance on her until she pulled out one of her six shooters and pointed it at him. After stopping, he smirked and looked up at her as she backed up a bit to add some distance between them. “You don’t have the balls to shoot me here.” he laughed. A smirk came to Rosie’s lips as she looked down at the man, aiming her pistol at him.

“Ya willin’ to test that?” she questioned. He took a step forward and she fired a shot that grazed the tip of his shoe, causing him to jump back. “You bitch! Do you know how much these cost me?!” he bellowed. “Don’t reckon I do, but somethin’ tells me ya hooked(stole) those.” she said, raising her pistol to point at his face. “The next blue whistler won’t miss! Now get, ya Varmint, before I send ya to the bone orchard!” she said sternly.
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 10:49 pm

"What do you mean you can't bring her back, you raised a city of strangers from the dead to impress the citizens of this planet when you were trying to make them worship you to feed the power of the endless." Angel was upset with her son Milo since his return from space, he seemed cold, and strangely enough reminded her of his father, and not in a good way, all the things she grew to hate about Samuel during the collapse of their marriage.

"Well considering you ordered her death, do you have much room to blame me for not wanting to bring her back? Her precognitive abilities make her a liability, and the weak link of the Ventro family in this new world, when Luthor had her, and I was in space with Sandra, & the others with mental powers you had Jon blow her head off." Milo retorted although he never declared that he couldn't bring Rachel back, unlike Cassandra whom he'd put much power into destroying while Milax in a manner that made a standard revival out of the question. Wave was upset with Milo's demenour as he was no fan of Samuel anymore especiallyy how he treated Angel and even Milo upon his return in the old days from taking over the Agency, and even forming his team with the likes of Peter, Samuel & Vegeta.

"Listen I said what I said, I've been given the gift of a new perspective following my freedom from that cosmic parasite Parralax, apparently the same technology the Guardians used on themselves prior to establishing themselves as the leaders of this univer's intergalatic law enforcement, the Green Lanterns.. n Without the burden of emotions holding me back, and pure logic I can achieve the mission I failed as Fusion, and Emperor, and that my father failed during his first go at life and even when coming back from the dead. An unkown variant to this universe is to thanks for my current survival, as well as that of this entire world not only by using the power of the speed force to fix the catatonic condition the regulator left me in due to the empathic nature of my powers fighting against the removal of my feelings by the regulator, but the global particle accelerator eliminating all of Lexaniac's probes which neither psionic power even on the level of the Phoenix, nor Dimitri's masterful use of technopathy could have solved. And yet I sense the source of these chess moves to still be limited by emotions, but just much less so then most people, and obviously myself prior to Hal Jordan, Phoenix, & the Lanterns unlocking my full potential after failing to stop a foe who had access to all my powers infused with the cosmic manifestation of fear itself."

While Milo continued to speak as if emotions were something that was a kryptonite of the weak, he did not fail to note that Parralax's powers over fear on a cosmic scale made him a dangerous opponent, and had drastically raised both Wally and his own powers while controlling them. Still now more then ever Compound M was a desired product, his company had been contacted by several individuals within military, law enforcement, & government. Honestly the particle accelerator had caused him to use his own molecular abilities to tamper with the properties of the compound to infuse it with synthetic dark matter to replace the original synthetic mutagenic x gene properties it had from his own universe.

"So your not gonna be Fusion anymore Milo." Wave struck up the nerve to ask this new feelingless Milo, who only shrugged his shoulders.

"No honestly I'm not sporting spandex anymore, but on the other hand I won't be flying through the skies of Central City or Gotham wearing street clothes, nor business attire. I'll take a page from Mr. Wayne's earlier days, and operate out of the shadows, and as for a name Fission will do, as I'm here to seperate threats from this new earth, & soon this new universe, with Luthor taking out the Guardians, sooner or later the intergalatic tyrant Darkseid will take notice of the potential new gap of power opening up, as well as any other forces with similar power & ambition residing in this universe, but for now I'll minimize my focus to helping out with the chaos here on earth that Luthor has left for others to clean up whilst he resides in prison awaiting a trial for crimes against this world which dosen't take a psychic to know the verdict won't be to his liking." Milo concluded, materializing a bottle of liqour, and two glasses, pouring a whiskey on the rocks for him and Wave.

"So you got rid of your conscience, but your still drinking?" Wave asked a bit startled, as he took a big gulp of his drink.

"Still? I don't recall making an announcement that I had stopped? Although prior to my mind being liberated of petty emotional attachments I was transversing the stars fighting an intergalatic war, but now more then ever I feel no qualms with satisfying my desires or indulgence's be they liqour, cannabis, cocaine, or even an abundance of women, although with the money I'm making in this new world I certainly don't need any powers as a means to acquire nor engage in pleasurable vices." Milo concluded finishing his entire drink and leaving the quarters of the Ventro Towers to go to his private room to work on some documents on his laptop.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 12:40 am

Troy grabbed Tasha as she started to moan groggily and wake up, teleport the two to the underground prison. Unlocking the door Troy dragged Tasha inside throwing her to the ground. "Welcome to your new home bitch." Thinking she saw an escape with the open cell she turned invisible and made a run for it only for Troy to cut her off at blinding speed slamming her to the wall and holding her by the throat. She turned back visible as her limbs slowly lost strength from lack of oxygen. Troy's purple flames faded indicating he used actual speed not teleportation to catch her this time. "If you haven't caught on by now, I can see you even when you are invisible. So don't bother trying." He released the throat hold allowing Tasha to fall to the floor and gasp for air. With the girl well aware she can't escape and will be locked up for who knows how long, Troy now left the cell locking Tasha in all alone. He knew he probably hasn't broken her spirit yet, but that'll come soon enough. Main thing was the seeds of doubt, fear and hopelessness has been planted. Breaking this girl was going to be a fun pass time for when Troy had nothing better to be doing.

Returning to Greg and Cole. Weighing the options he agreed helping Derek was likely for the best. They didn't need him to master his powers to their fullest but him being in a state where he could possibly lose control any time, that wasn't good either. "I'd say we help him, but not too much."

-----

Sandra agreed with Morgan. "If we're going to be the power team springing a trap we should probably get Jon and Amy to, as well as a few others." Immediately Katy volunteered to join their team always at the ready to stick by her friends. Sandra turned to David, Chloe and Abby. "Listen this TBI is far more dangerous then we gave them credit, and after what happened with Cass I can't risk anything happening to you three. I think you'll probably be safest if you go back with your father for now." Sandra hated that she just reunited with the family after returning from space, barely had time to break the news about Cass and now had to be separated from them again. But it seemed like the best course of action until this TBI mess was sorted. With a heavy sigh she telepathically reached out to Dave. "Dave, we have a problem." Considerate of his feelings she kept things short and sweet, getting straight to the point of what they knew about this TBI, the tech they have and how dangerous of a turn things had taken, prompting her to want Dave to hold on to the kids for now as things wasn't safe on her end.

-----

"We're not here for the warrant" Amy stated. While that was something that needed to be addressed eventually, that's not why they were here now. Tesla spoke up "I'm sorry Jon but I had to tell her. You've become addicted and are making irrational choices that eventually are going to get us killed. Look at what happened with Bainiac. Despite Phoenix and others arrival giving us a multitude of options to rescue, you insisted the child had to die. Dave is no saint, but you forced his hand into using the Omega symbol for no reason. We also had a plan to deal with Brainiac and Galactus, which your choice also put into jeopardy. On top of that you've become so addicted to this stuff you've turned to theft." The conversation went back to Amy. "Look I don't fault you for taking a dose here or there when you need a desperate boost of strength. But I'm not going to stand idly by and let you turn yourself into an addict. Be truthful with me Jon, is this really just about the man you fought in Gothem. Or are you using XK as a coping mechanism for something else?" Amy knew Jon was dealing with a lot. Luthers lies being exposed, all the so called criminals that were actually innocent people that he especially had put away. It weighed on all their minds, especially Morgan. But Amy suspected Jon was hurting most of all. Not only did he clearly have the highest arrest count out of any of them, but Luthor's lies being brought to light had basically shattered his entire world view. Jon had also been regarded as one of if not the strongest for so long that there was also the question if he was starting to feel inferior and that his position was questioned with Sandra, Milo and all the others showing up.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Cole was having fun with clone Tasha, kissing her twice, before making her activate her power a few times, then making her go make sandwhiches for him, & his family, then fetching them all cold drinks, then another pointless task before his father intervened. "Alright enough with the meaningless nonsense Cole, I'm glad your excited that this new world's infestation with metas means that you can start collecting a private arsenal of metas, but let's send her out to investigate Powers, we need to know what we're up against." Greg was firm but he did not raise his voice, while his powers and Troy's had retained the same level of utility on DC earth, he knew Cole's situation was different. As without powered people for him to duplicate, it made an impact on the potential of Cole's powers. His powers had limits, as he could not manifest a duplicate of someone with Troy's power, as well as the majority of the SXM, and practically all the major well known members of the justice force as the entire major roster excluded any regular humans or DC version of mutants aside from Velocity, whose speed force powers were too immense for Cole to mimic with a copy of him.

When Troy returned Greg was glad that the real Tasha was dealt with for now, and imprisoned so she couldn't roam around and blow the cover for Cole's copy. "Alright while your the strongest Troy, I think I'll train Derek myself, only because I don't want our enemies having any insight into the full range of your powers, and don't want them to know what Cole's powers are at all, so we always keep the element of surprise with your clones Cole." Greg summarized, while Cole did as his father instructed telling the Tasha duplicate her mission, and focusing causing her to turn invisible, put her sword in her sheath, and head out towards Derek Powers headquarters to start gathering intel as far as trying to figure out what Derek's ability was, and what metas he had on his payroll.
Rider had begun to develop a sort of friendship with Rose during the past month, since she was first introduced to him by Jon & Cyborg, and he was tasked with using his own cosmic powers to help her with researching Klarion. Aside from the footage he'd obtained from the past, which let him know the chaos lord was very efficient with his powers, and that they were both deadly & versatile, he hadn't been able to get much else, as with the rest of the team he'd been occupied with just staying alive, & fighting against Lexaniac's forces, which up until the final battle had included many members on their own team who'd been unfortunate enough to inject themselves with the first kryptola vaccine released filled with Brainiac's bio organic mind control probes.

"Well I have no preferences, but it seems to reason that a group of us can go to Asgard, as well as that fancy big house Dave got working with Intergang, I've still got the keys & entry code to Angel's bunker, and in lieu of our magical allies, I've already been using my cosmic powers to modify and manage the security there, so I can take a group of ten of us there, and luckily it's down the street from the now incinerated Hideout X" Rider said as he pulled the keys from his pocket, and waved his hand making ten sheets of paper that had the address, and door code to the base one of which he gave to Rose, as well as the others that Sandra & Wally assigned to his group. Kara was the fourth person to volunteer a location suitable for their current needs, as she had been making plenty of money working for the Light, and although her first home in Gotham had been blown up by Jon, she'd purchased another property in the suburbs of Gotham on practically the other side of the city as the Solar Slaughter, she continued herself lucky that there was no footage of her partaking in the fight Jon had prior to unleashing his solar blast, but that was mainly because she was taken down much earlier in the fight against the mysterious foe who had managed to avoid detection with cameras, and recorded video technology. With Elle suggesting one of the warehouses she'd stayed at with Luke while working with the REBELS, that was five locations in total giving the group five places they could venture to, providing enough space for the members of both teams to move to whilst splitting up to avoid them all being in one spot prior to another attack from the TBI.

Cyborg was quick to send out messages to Barry, who had gotten a new cell phone since being freed from the TBI's prison. "i reached out to Barry, texting him to let him know what was going on, since he wasn't present for the recent attack, but I think it's best if Martian Lady & Phoenix send out a psychic warning to everyone else who wasn't present so we avoid making a digital trail of our movements just in case any TBI agents infiltrate our modern law enforcement or government agencies." Cyborg's techno powers meant that his message to Barry was of course masked, but outside of using technopathic powers like his, there was a good chance regular electronic communication between the team could be traced. Morgan sent out a message to Amy, & other JF not present aside from Terry, Lena, Jesse, & Tony whom she knew had officially left the team.
"So you decided to run your mouth even though I told you not too huh Tesla, I'll remember that." Jon spoke with quiet rage but didn't raise his voice or yell at her, especially now that Amy was present. The person whom he cared the most about on the team, and on this planet aside from his family. "Amy...I need this stuff, you think I wanna take XK! I know how dangerous it is sure, but Zatari died because
I wasn't strong enough!!! I can't and I won't loose anybody else because of being too weak to protect them!" Jon's voice cracked as Amy's question of whether he was telling the truth wasn't a simple matter, as the hero had no prior experience with any substance use. Even as a hybrid kryptonian alcohol and most if not all human drugs and medications had little to no effect on him, and a habit that he'd started simply to have more power was now spiraling into a full blown addiction, someothing that he had too much pride to admit, but even worst & more sinister then that was the fact that with him having no prior experience with this kind of thing, on top of his entire world view being shattered by the revelation of Luthor being the Magistrate, his father truly being framed, loosing allies, for once not being the most powerful as well as so many other truths he believed being proven factually to be lies, the son of Clark had snapped under the pressure, and he himself truly believed he was not addicted to the XK, after all he even had a time limit in place to quit using it, as well as liquid blue kryptonite to help him kick the habit, but he was past the stage of being able to use ration with his usage, and worst with him having no prior experience with this kind of thing had no idea how far into the clutches of chemical addiction he'd truly fallen, after all he wasn't getting "high" to "relax", or escape reality, but of course addiction like many other things Jon had been exposed to in recent times wasn't so simple nor black and white as his limited worldview caused him to believe.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 10:30 pm

"Makes sense. Besides you have more patience than me for that kind of shit anyway." Troy said that in regards to Greg wanting to handle Derek's training himself. Troy bite into a slice of sandwich Tasha had made. "So while waiting on the clone and having future plans, is there anything on the agenda right now to occupy the time?" While they had just started back up and running after weeks of being out of commission due to Brainiac, Troy didn't exact any new clients. But maybe there was still a backlog of old clients awaiting a delivery?

-----

Sandra did the same letting the rest of the members minus Dave who she'd already spoken to know about the ongoing situation. "My team will reside at Asgard as I've already got a working relationship and friendship with Kano and Tanya. So it's me, Katy, Morgan and Barry already. I'd reckon Amy would likely join me as well since Morgan has, which could possibly bring Jon. Chulance I assume you're going wherever Tesla ends up correct? Sean, how about you join us?"

-----

"If it was only that Jon, we wouldn't be having this conversation or at least not the same one. If you were only using the stuff to boost your power Tesla likely never would have said anything and I wouldn't be here. Are you fighting Brainiac right now, here at this moment? Are you battling the Gothem attacker at this very second? Then why are you still taking XK Jon? Luthers lies hit all of us hard, and it likely messed with you worse of all. And I know Zatari's death has been eating away at you. But Jon drugs aren't the solution. And if having that junk in your system is leading you to making irrational decisions that's putting more of the team in danger, then I'm sorry Jon but we're at a crossroads here."

As Amy was trying to get Jon to see that he's gotten himself hooked on XK, both she and Tesla got Morgan and Sandra's messages. Amy continued "We could really use your help with this TBI situation. But we also can't have you flying off the handle in drug induced rage."

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 12:10 am

Riku:
Where have you been?
Been searching all along
Came facing twilight on and on
Without a clue
Without a sign
Without grasping yet
The real question to be asked
Where have I been?

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
Hiding both face and mind
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take off my mask
Revealing dark

Moments of calm
Nothing left to be found
A mirror right in front of me
That's where I find
An empty glass
Reflecting the sad truth
It's telling words not to be told
I need the mask

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
Chained down to my core
My place to hide

I can't tell you
How to see me
Just a cage of bones
There's nothing inside
Will it unleash me?
Burning down the walls
Is there a way
For me to break?

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
Have no face to show
My disguise

Riku took a bow as the bars patrons applauded and vanished, of course he'd never left his spot behind the counter and had simply been there and on the stage at the same time.

" Excellent as always dawling " Emmet complimented as he accepted another drink.

" Thanx boss, you know this place has to have a musical element to it " he nodded as a door appeared and people walked through. He'd decided to expand business and not just be for the code:breakers but the general public. Given a powerful global enchantment he'd put out, Riku's bar was a common knowledge/well kept secret that mostly catered to lgbtq+ crowds and supernatural, but the occasional straight and alient clientale came through and as long as they had money and werent stupid enough to cause trouble, they got very good drinks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Belcourt family was an old and very affluent family. Descending from slaves and plantations, it was a common motto of the family to do whatever it took to not only survive but thrive as well. They'd managed to do that for several generations, slowly but surely building their wealth and influence till they got to where they were now. The Belcourt companies had their hands in multiple pies, be it technology, entertainment, or social media.

On paper they were on the up and up, but behind the scenes they'd had many a shady, backdoor dealings going on, having no scrupples about working with criminals as long as they had something to gain. This had not changed when the light and Magistrate were a thing and with metahumans flooding the earth, it was no different now.

Luthor Belcourt, an african american man in his late twenties had risen to power in his teens, following the accidental deaths of his parents, he hadnt let that slow him down, instead he'd used it as a series of stepping stones to get to where he was now, one of the top ranking members of the family, on the fast track to inherit it all if he continued to play his cards right.

Currently he was sitting in high end motel in star city, deciding to treat himself. He took a sip of champagne before cutting into his steak, of course the food was exquisite, but it was the entertainment he was waiting on, a certain guest that was planning to try and off him. The Belcourts didnt have much in the way of rivals, or those they considered rivals. Save for a certain family, the Stratford family.

They ran a textile business, selling high end wares to and partnered with some of the biggest names in fashion. The Belcourts had clashed with Stratfords in " Friendly " bouts over the decades with neither gaining ground over the other, on the surface anyway and there was a hidden history between the two families that bred a deepseated animousity that was going to boil over tonight.

Aided by a cousin of Luthors that had made a deal with the Stratfords to sell him out, Luthor wasnt bothered by the betrayal in and of itself, it was standard practice. But throwing a hat in with the Stratfords had crossed a major line and it was going to be payed back in blood for Luthor Belcourt was one of the millions of people that had awakened to a metahuman ability and he was aware that Anthony Stratford, the man coming to meet him was one as well and had hired a band of empowered thugs to assist in this lynching.

Luthor poured himself another glass of wine as he continued to wait, his anticipation for the slaughter growing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokyo, Japan

People were running and screaming as flames raced around the street, causing shops and cars to go up in flames. This was no mere accident, but the work of a single individual, Shotaro Tanaka. A senior in high school who was notorious for bullying the weak at every chance he got and suffered little to no pushback given his fathers political ties. No one dared stand up to him, save for one individual.

" COME OUT PIGGY-CHAN, I JUST WANNA COOK SOME BACON!! "

Kuro Aizen, a senior at the same school as Shotaro and a more stocky built individual made no secret that he hated Shotaro and never backed down to him, even when Shotaro tried getting others in his gang to jump the heavier young man. This never worked do to the fact that despite his size, Kuro had been trained in swordmanship and martial arts by his grandfather since he'd been young and was quite skilled enough that he'd never once lost a fight.

Shotaro had grown a disturbing amount of hatred for Kuro, swearing to end him and now that he'd gainined pyrokinesis, he was intending to do just that, which now explained the current situation. Kuro was hiding behind a car while he cradled his nine year old sister, Sakura. He'd been walking her home from school when Shotaro spotted them.

No one had seen the young man in days but Kuro had gotten a bad feeling as soon as he'd seen him, this was proven correct as soon as Shotaro hurled a fireball. Kuro had been wracking his mind for a way to get out of this situation but was coming up short. All he had on him was his ever present wooden sword and that obviously wasnt going to get them out of this situation.

Sakura was quietly sobbing in his arms, getting her out of this situation was his number one priority but with them trapped by the flames, it wasnt looking good. Please he thought, something or someone just help us! Where are the damn heroes of the world in this situation? He took a couple of breaths to calm himself, it wasnt in his nature to have outburst like this, he was the more calm and stoic type.

But even he couldnt remain that way when his sisters life was in danger. He could hear Shotaro getting closer, hear extra footsteps meaning one of his cronies had shown up and most likely had a power as well. Kuro closed his eyes and tried to think, but in the darkness he saw something beginning to manifest itself. Slowly he opened his eyes and saw words floating in the air " Gaccha X Infinite "
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 11:04 pm

A portal opened, no a breach in the multiversal dimension, and from it emerged Breacher the notorious leader of the Collectors, whom had been summoned by the TBI to aid them in dealing with the huge alterations to the timeline caused by the HU breachers, especially the likes of Sandra, Morgan, & Milo from Earth 617, as well as unknown invaders/breachers from Earth 75, a dysptopian world plunged into chaos by a metahuman uprising intertwined with a global racial war, and Earth 18 a westernized version of the post modern world of Earth 7 prior to Luthor's presidential election & subsequent initiation of World War 3. "So many breachers, and it seems they are flooding this world, no doubt the barrier that seperated this world from the multiverse has hastened the development of the problem, but it appears that the breachers from the world not under our records or within our database, managed to pierce the veil put up by the legion of Lanterns, Guardians, Earth mystic warriors, alien refugee's & metahumans organized an unlikely union of this world's Batman & Amanda Waller, at least on the earth based front." Breacher spoke as a digital book appeared before him allowing him to read the records of the barrier, something that had been done because of Darkseid, his pursuit of the Anti Life Equation, a goal for universal domination that seemed to plague the Darkseid of this universe, and all others within the database the Collectors had.

"God it was worse then we thought, I was just going by the time alterations we've detected, and calculated with Occulus, but luckily those considered by breachers take a bit longer to cement in the timeline, not to mention we've activated artificial time barriers in the 25th century placed in the year of the TBI's foundation, & we've been authorized by the current elected Father Time to activate N Protocols for all of our elite agents, in the form of micro pockets of negative still force being infused with our bio security chips." Rip Hunter began to explain to Breacher, knowing the last part was bound to gain some distaste from the Collectors, and their leader, but that ire was to be expected from any fellow law enforcement agencies upon discovering a fellow agency was tampering with, harnessing, and using negative forces as a safe guard tool, even if they felt it was instrumental to their survival against ultimate level threats to temporal security & stability, Breacher in particular would have been quick to request the TBI or any group doing this to stand down, or risk the Collectors plundering their operation of tampering with such things by force if not for the evidence presented to him of the threat level Earth 7 was facing from these breachers.

"Don't play me for a fool Rip, I see what the TBI is up against, and know that irregardless of you putting all your cards on the table, that you all's efficiency for temporal security rivals the Collectors for multiversal defense, protection & necessary segregation. And if we were to reach a true disagreement on needed survival tactics that actually pitted us against each other, you all wouldn't hesitate to violate your own federal time laws to try and "Re-do" any informative conversations that spawned said disagreements, at least if I were foolish enough to audibly protest your methods in pockets of time you all patrol." Breacher stood his ground, showing that whilst he stood behind the TBI's protocols as being justified for the odds against them, at the same time he was no idiot, and for what he liked in temporal expertise, he made it for with an abundance of knowledge on a multiversal scale, as well as the mind of a veteran strategic army general who'd been in all sorts of battles & wars across all sorts of planets, worlds, & galaxies.

"I'll take it you can agree to my request, to have your daughter be my partner for the One of Us, One of them policy for our TBI/Collector cross agency investigations?" Rip made a smirk on his face, as he boldly hammered down on his intent/request to be partnered with Breacher's very own daughter Gypsy, one of the most capable fighters in the Collectors, and overall one of their greatest assets & agents, as she also like him was a viber.  Something that TBI felt they desperately needed to even the odds upon analysis conducted by their probes determining a viber was present on earth 7, and had played an instrumental role in the events that led to the "MetaRising" as it was now known on Earth 7 caused by the global particle accelerator triggered by Rush manipulating the time displaced revived ARGUS agents into doing under a farce of it only being instrumental to the destruction of Lexaniac's probes that had infested most of the earth's population.

"Rip Hunter, you better watch it, and If I find out you take any untoward actions towards Gypsy, I'll show you the same lack of mercy as all her prior "would be" suitors I deemed unfit to sustain a relationship with her." Breacher was blunt, having no time for jokes or humor of any kind. He found that aspect of Rip's personality to be challenging to his anti comedic persona, and no tolerance for bullshit aura that he exemplified. But a deal was a deal, and as with everything else they'd discussed, and put into motion thus far for the continued protection of this world's timeline & universe it was something deemed as a needed and most necessary policy.
Greg shrugged his shoulders to Troy's comments, although Troy was the only one who'd been "missing" for weeks due to being flung through time with the rest of the SXM, Justice Force & their associates by Wally following the fight with Galactus & second clash with the TBI, he'd been alone with Cole comatose on the verge of death. "Oh son you growing restless now after weeks of non stop action running around with your super hero buddies fighting alien cyborgs and bald megalomaniacs." Greg finally had a moment to revert back to his usual sarcastic self, as the family's situation had passed through the tense times Lexaniac had put them through with none of them knowing if they'd live till the next morning.

"With the creation of all these new metas, I think It's wise we stick to our plan and keep our noses relatively clean as far as the drug business & any other public traditional criminal enterprises, till Cole's invisible clone gets back to us with more detail on the landscape of criminal metas vying for control of Gotham's underworld. Of course our legitimate export & security business is still kicking, although I've suspended the further expansion of our legal security company till we again have more info on the new metas, and the capabilities of their current powers. The most exciting thing I could recommend right now until we begin smuggling pathogens with Mr. Powers is possibly focusing on eradicating XK from Gotham once and for all, it was already making shit hectic, and that was before a bunch of people got legitimate powers, so the thought of dealing with mutants amped up with kryptonian powers isn't a pleasant one." Greg concluded not even knowing Troy had dealt with a literal example, that being Dave, a mere chump in their world, who'd actually become a formiddle force during his recent fights with Troy thanks to XK, and getting branded with the omega symbol from Intergang.
Chulance nodded to Sandra's question about him sticking with whatever team Tesla was with. "Yes I'm going to stick with my girl, I know she's pretty tough, in fact from what I hear and remember she was the one who ended up kicking my ass when Brainiac was running the shots in my brain." Chu said in a bit of cheeky tone in response to the phoenix leader of the SXM.

Sean was quick to speak up, he didn't mind joining Sandra's team, seeing as how he'd operated as a part time leader for the SXM in his time since being here, he was happy to be part of the team that was planning on fighting back against the TBI. "Count me in, I figure I can put my quantum powers to work against these time feds, especially now that there using anti matter bombs to not just kill us, but literally wipe us out of existence."

Cyborg spoke up next. "I'll help your team out too Phoenix, I figure my powers will be helpful considering the TBI's reliance on technology, even if it's from the future my powers should be able to effect it, from what I saw and studied at Hideout X before they blew it up, that sentinel technology IS from yalls universe, meaning that someone from yalls world gave them access to it, and that someone is most likely around in our present timeline right now." Cyborg concluded

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 12:31 pm

Troy liked the sound of that. "So eradicate the XK drug, and I'm assuming this includes any rival dealers in our way. Sounds like an interesting way to pass the time." Greg did have a point. There was more to Dave than just the XK, but there was no doubt that added a lot to him. Plus after this he might have to visit the SXM just to what kind of withdrawal effects Jon is suffering once he runs out of his precious drug. "Yeah well I did have to do a lot of waiting around during that Brainiac mess, so of course I want to get into something."

-----

"I say she more so found a way to subdue you Chulance, but a victory is a victory in the end." Sandra was careful not to explain to Chu exactly how she subdued him. Maybe he had an idea of what Tesla did but he was also caught by surprise meaning he might know exactly. Ideally it was best to keep things that way in the event something like Brainiac ever happened again, although Sandra did hope Chulance and Tesla never would have to face off again. It was something they should be ready for. "I guess we'll have to wait for her return then."

Regarding Sean and Cyborg "Having you two onboard will be a great help. Sean you really stepped up when I was thrust into the Still Zone. That led to you needing to suddenly take on a lot of responsibility leading the team through the Kryptonian invasion, which you did very well. And when you joined us out in space it only gave me more confidence in your ability. Cyborg me and you haven't worked closely together as much as the likes of Morgan and Amy, but I'm pleased to have you onboard and broaden my experiences with your team. You are correct that having a tech guy on our side should be of some help."

Sandra then decided to reach out to Emmet telepathically Emmet it's me, some updates on the TBI for the Code:Breakers to be made aware of. In addition to power dampening tech that's light years beyond our world being that it doesn't just affect meta's but can affect alien powers, cosmic's, etc. They've recently attacked SXM HQ with sentinels, yes our world's technology as well as their own Superman android. If they have more than one I can't confirm, but they do seem to have multiple sentinels. Lastly SXM HQ was hit wit an anti-matter bomb, everyone's alive but the HQ wasn't merely destroyed, but erased from existence entirely. For now me and Martain Lady seem to be the main targets, but everyone from our world seems to be their enemy. They are even willing to combat anybody native to this world that have sided with us. I would assume these people will also come for the Code:Breakers sooner or later, so be ready for a fight.

Marvel and shinigamiriku like this post

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 4:38 pm

Jon also received a telepathic message about the current events taking place and was in his mind more reason to keep up with his current habit, but something would have to be done about Tesla. The diamond mutant had broken there agreement spilling her guts about his XK usage to Amy, the main person he didn't want to find out, she'd never seen him this way, this side of him, hell neither had he. And deep down that scared him, and that fact above all others was why he didn't want the love of his life to be involved in this aspect, this new challenge posing a threat of new difficulties into his life.

"You know I'm not fighting Brainiac or the Gothem attacker right now, so why try to hammer me down with pointless rhetorical questions like I'm some thug down at lockup." Jon didn't feel like getting grilled about his usage, making him recall several instances of them or other law enforcement interrogating suspects in custody. "What makes you trust Tesla so much huh!? She's a god damn stranger, your gonna believe her over me?! Her, Phoenix, all of them we barely know them, and haven't even known them for more then a few months! Sure that choice to trust them may be paying off but obviously it seems that not all of them have altruistic methods they claim seeing as how Tesla is trying to drive a wedge between us with lies! And I have a feeling the perp who set me up in Gothem is of their world as well!" Jon cried out in defense clearly irate with Tesla, starting to unintentionally manifest thet strength force due to his intense emotions,  emphasized by blue sparks of energy flowing through and around his body visibly.

Just drawing on the power caused the unintentional side effect of increasing the force of gravitational pressure in the room making both Amy & Tesla weigh heavier and start to struggle to even take steps forward towards him before he regained control of his emotions and gravity returned to normal for them, Jon took notice of his fluctuated powers by seeing the imprint of Amy's foot steps into the apartment floor, as a result of her amazonian strength fighting back against the extra gravity produced against her by the strength force to allow her to keep toward him when he lost control at the cost of leaving prints of her feet in the ground of the XK dealers former hideout.

"I may be of another world, but your presumptuous to assume you know of which one". A voice emanmated from all directions but the sound filled the entire room, as Milo entered the room albeit he'd shape shifted his appearance into that of a businessman who'd been killed during Jon's solar slaughter, and used a mystical barrier around his body that made it hard for anyone to get a good glance at him as trying to zero in on his face produced a powerful magic bright light that burned at their eyes the more they tried to focus. "You have slipped into decadence and chemical abuse Jonathan, you are not fit to lead humanity's further alliance with the intergalactic community, your inability to adjust your world view to the rapid changes taking place, to the reality of the occurrences that have shaped your life history since Luthor assumed power over the world whilst you were a mere child, are why I believe it is my duty to remove your prominence from the playing field." He continued as Jon was enraged gathering strength force energy and using a supercharged blast of heat vision.

"Go to hell! You ruined my reputation, tricked me into killing all those people in Gotham! I won't let you go on any further." He screamed while Milo once again used his illusion powers while also turning intangible causing the heat beams to fly through him and into the heart of a crowded gotham street behind them, the enhanced power causing them to tear through several vehicles and utterly decimate the roof of a store across the street causing it to cave in while also causing huge fires to ignite in a row of buildings across the street.

"Look at you falling for my same trick, I wonder how many people were injured in that supercharged blast of yours just now, perhaps even worst maybe dead, you think pure strength will help you against me a master of illusions? Mine name is Fission, and like my namesake I am here to separate from this earth those who are not required, whose continued existence is a detriment to the overall progression of this world." "Fission" replied unleashing a massive shockwave combined with thermal energy to blast Jon, Amy, & Tesla through the apartment's walls into the hallway before vanishing into thin air leaving them across from the screams of civilians as fires sparked from Jon's blast began to spread rapidly to more buildings and even spilled into the street causing vehicles to start to ignite and explode like a chain explosion inGTA 5 when a player launched an RPG into a populated highway or street full of cars.

"NO! Jon screamed moving at super speed using his arctic breath to put out the fires as well as stop their spreading, before then moving at super speed, the speed of light in fact to move all the civilians in the wreckage to the next street over, before returning to that same spot seconds later near Amy & Tesla.

"You see! I need this power, I have to have it I - AAAH" Jon yelled in pain as the strength force surged through him again, the excess use of his powers combined with his rampant use of XK finally taking a strain on his body, as moments later he collapsed to the ground and began coughing up blood as his most recent dose ran out much earlier then expected. "F..fuck it h...hurts gaaah" Jon managed to get out with blood flowing from his mouth, before finally some blood burst from his lower chest through his shirt indicating that overusing the drugs to access the strength force rather then learning to use it naturally was not a sustainable option for the kryptonian hybrid.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 5:41 pm

Amy and Tesla rushed over to Jon, he had managed to put out the fires and save whoever hadn't died from the beam, but the dangers of XK were now apparent. Tesla coursed "Fuck I should have told someone sooner about this but I also wanted to respect Jon's wishes." Tesla wasn't going to say Jon basically threatened her into silence, causing her to stay silent until the XK started becoming a problem as while Jon had moments of anger, Tesla really didn't know if Jon would actually follow though or not. But she also had no idea Jon's XK was going to lead to this. Sure she knew Jon was playing with something dangerous, but she didn't expect this type of reaction to occur to Superman of all people. "Amy takes him back to the others. We don't have a base anymore but we still have people who may be able to help. I'll make sure everybody is alright here and catch up as soon as I can."

There was no time to mess around pulling rank as Amy realised Tesla had a solid plan of action. She picked Jon up and started flying back to the others. If there was any doubt about Jon's story, there wasn't anymore. Who was this Fission, like not who he said he was, but more who was he really? Regardless that was secondary right now, what mattered was getting Jon help. Hopefully this experience thought Jon that while using XK for a boost in battle was one thing, if that boost ran out too early well, the results are clear. Honest Amy would prefer if he just kicked this stuff entirely, but she wasn't sure how far into addiction Jon was. Either way Jon should had known better than to fire that blast, if XK was doing this, then something had to be done.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 8:45 pm

Jon managed to regain consciousness in the sky in Amy's arms, and began rousing himself awake getting a look for his surroundings, but was unable to break free of her grasp not that she was hurting him. "W..what's going on, what the hell happened Amy." Jon spat out startled, before memories started flooding back into him of taking a triple dose of XK in the privacy of the apartment he'd raided and took as his own from the dealers, all the way to her confronting him over his XK usage with Tesla, to unleashing the definitive destructive blast of heat vision against Fission, the apparent name of the illusive manifesting Gotham attacker. "Oh no I remember everything, that blast I used, I hurt more people in Gotham, I fell for..the same trick Again!!"

Jon's head sunk low as Amy and him arrived with Sandra & the others, who were getting their destinations cemented and getting ready to all part ways into their agreed ten man groups but still planned to stay in contact with each other until TBI was dealt with, and they all felt it was same to conjugate at a singular location again. "Oh no Jon...Amy." Morgan rushed over to them, getting a fill of the information from Amy's memories of what had just taken place in Gothem, and Jon's budding addiction. Jon knew that while his mind was a locked door to the martian, Amy's was ripe for memory viewing. "Morgan...look" Jon was about to start but Morgan put a hand on his shoulder using her empathic powers to calm him down, this had the effect of causing him to pass out again as it was merely anxiety & stress keeping him conscious currently.

"Rest Jonathan...you'll need it, for your real battle will begin once we begin trying to cleanse you." Morgan sent a telepathic message to Sandra summarizing Jon's new XK vice, while asking her to not alert the others for now, and even their own squad until arriving on Asgard. Feeling if this was the "Fugitive" team. for lack of better words, then it was where Jon belonged right now anyway. "Can you heal him Sandra? Not too much so that he's up and walking about, but stop him from bleeding out, and remove the recent physical damage his habit caused him, so his cells will start processing sunlight normally and allow him to heal himself." Morgan stressed that last point because although Jon wasn't an enemy, it didn't seem wise to artifically use her powers to get him back to 100%, as his XK use had advanced to a point that he was somewhat unstable, and it would be better to wait till they were on Asgard, where the gods would be able to contain any potential damage from his erratic behavior much easier then most of the team outside it's powerhouses.

Morgan had shared the information about Jon with Kara as well, who decided to project her thoughts to Sandra. Listen Phoenix, I want my team to focus on putting out the fires of Luthor's damage. In essence while your squad focuses on spring a trap for the TBI to hopefully learn more about why there targeting us, and reach a resolution peaceful or otherwise, I want to focus on making sure that the latest developments on the planet such as the emergence of metas, as well as those trying to influence people & gain followers by spreading hatred & fear of aliens are dealt with, and met with proof that not all aliens & metas are bad people, and in fact many of them are good, from what I know of your world things were quite tense between your governments & superhumans, with an almost zero tolerance for even more exotic beings like those of alien, or supernatural nature. Our world however has always leaned towards a more accepting & optimistic embrace of different people at least in modern times, in part greatly due to their first introduction to such beings being Superman, the original my cousin Clark. I hope to keep things going in that direction, after all in this world the alien amnesty act was passed ten years before WW3 a law that legalized aliens without negative intentions to become refugee's on earth. I intend to ensure that similar laws are in place for metahumans, but in order to that I'll need to direct my team's focus on helping the people of earth deal with those who seek to abuse their powers in spite of how that may effect others.

Kara finished speaking with Sandra, really trying to say without being blunt that she couldn't handle Jon right now. Her nephew needed around the clock care, and restraint, and needed to get a handle on his XK issue outside of the peering eyes of the public, some place Asgard was not. Whilst Kara was taking the team to her massive home that resided within city limits of Gotham, in the heart of a city that was a hot bed of crime and that was before thousands of it's residents gained superhuman powers.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 10:49 pm

Sandra came over to Morgan, Jon and Amy. She knelt down and let just a trace amount of cosmic energy wash through Jon's body. "That should be enough to get his wounds to close up." Sandra wondered if this XK was the reason Jon's mind was blank to her since returning from space until just recently? As for keeping this quiet for now Sandra agreed with Morgan. Responding to Kara "I'm in full support Supergirl. I'd love to be out there with you but it's too risky with this TBI after us. I'm sure there is no shortage of people who spent their whole lives believing they are human, to now suddenly have powers. That can go to people's heads. So I suspect your team will have no shortage of fires to put out. Amy meanwhile was relieved when Jon's wounds started closing up.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 1:26 am

Rush had set off a chain of events in this world, and now the very organization he'd restored was no doubt looking for him, although he kept his end of the deal in coming up with a solution to purge the earth of the probes Lexaniac had used to enslave much of the population, creating millions of metahumans was just an unfortunate side effect. Of course now with memories restored from Myriad, the ARGUS agents would be able to regain their knowledge of metahuman history, and realize he used them and Luthor's solar towers spread across the earth with the intention of using the world wide particle accelerator to drench this world in dark matter with knowledge that doing so would endow millions with powers in the midst of massive global social upheaval, the collapse of the united empire & restoration of society & countries prior to Luthor's ambiguous tyrannical plans to usher in an age of one world government & American dictatorship.

"Now this world can breath, and with access to the one known as Vibe, I can certainly regain access to my own earth as well, and with my abilities perhaps even return to the very moment or shortly after I left, then again having a welcome home party there might not be such a bad thing, it depends on what shape it's in after all this time." Rush said aloud contemplating, when he initially opened a breach from Earth 75 to Earth 7 he hadn't planned on being gone so long, but with the way he left things he had faith that whilst it wouldn't be in the exact shape he left it, the empire he set up still existed and awaited his return, but at the same time he was excited at the possibility that perhaps those who despised him and everything he stood far had grown hopeful that he'd simply vanished, perhaps as a result of being struck down by lightning & whisked away by God or whomever they prayed to or believed in.

"There's my target" August Hunter was going to live up to his last name, as he examined Agent Zoom with his binoculars, the elite of the Light had mostly clawed there way into the upper ranks of the restored united states government, but Zoom was different, the Department of Metahuman Affairs was thriving, yet he had been on a leave to explore his own origins, and any scientists tied to it. Project Gemini was in reality, the part two to Project Cadmus, something Argus's current leader had ownership of as Dawn Waller was a descendant of one of it's most important founders Amanda Waller.

Within seconds he was moving at superhuman speed to cross the distance between him and the clone of Eobard Thawne. His suit's listening equipment let him pick up on the "conversation" Zoom was having with residents of an underground lab who had connections to Cadmus's sequel and had promptly went underground after Luthor's fall. By the time he entered the hallways he could only smile at the sight of scientists maimed, and bleeding corpses with guts strewn about, no doubt the work of his target who was moving about tearing the facility apart to uncover the truth of his being, to seperate fact from fiction from what Luthor had told him, no longer trusting the bald former magistrate ex-president of the world. After all a man of so many lies, and so many shades of gray had not been honest with him about who he really was, the intelligence the clone had gained from his original Thawne guided him, coursing through him refusing to fall for Lex's lies any mores with Myriad's global brain washing now reversed.

"Do you really want to die for Lex Luthor, Dr. Pringe?!" Zoom screamed as his hand vibrated and the other held the scientist against a wall. Upon his refusal to speak he jabbed his vibrating fist through his chest killing him as his rapidly moving hand rearranged his insides giving him a quick yet brutal death. He released his hold on him as he fell to the ground, and used his speed to blitz the remaining scientist who was more then willing to type in a password to the project gemini files.

"Please spare me! I didn't work on that project, I joined afterwards and and-"" Zoom put a finger to his mouth hushing him as he typed at super speed absorbing the intel that was the truth of his creation, as well as proof of the scientists lies.

"You gave me the truth, but still added in lies? Now how did you think that was smart, goodbye Doctor" He vibrated the man's molecules causing his head to violently explode, and used a funnel of wind to blow any of the blood and other biological liquids from the head-ploison away and into the wall. "So from the very start, what I suspected to be lies were. Damn you Luthor, If not for the security of Iron Heights, I'd burst into there and drag you out to do much worse to you then these doctors."

"Oh I don't think that's your main concern anymore, considering that I'm here now and I want your speed, I want all the speed, and not just from my universe, but the entire multiverse." Rush announced after speeding in with his suit on.

"And who the fuck are you? And what do you mean from all over the multiverse, you claiming you from another universe huh short, dark, and ugly?" Agent Zoom was quick to shoot off at the mouth insulting Rush only for a blast of wind to slam him into a computer monitor behind him. Following this Rush moved at light speed delivering a series of powerful punches and kicks to the speedster before he regained his footing and spun around at FTL speeds creating a human twister effect to send Zoom reeling into the sky, then ending his return combo with a massive bolt of speed force lightning to slam into Zoom.

"NOPE" Rush yelled while catapulted through the air he spun around even faster then Zoom, only to grab the lightning bolt, and fling it back manipulating it's speed to surpass Zoom's causing him to be struck in the chest with his own bolt, which caused an explosion around him blasting him literally into the next room decimating the monitor & other screens near by him.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 9:43 am

While Amy flew back to the others with Jon Tesla had taken a flyby through the area of Jon's attack. He had indeed saved as many that could have been saved after Fission's illusions, but it was clear people had died. She used her diamond to quickly reinforce some of the building with critical damage, fixing a few structural pillars and such. There was going to be crime scene annalists, investigations, etc. The least she could do was make sure nobody else died. Checking in on the survivors there wasn't much she could do for them that hadn't already been done. It wasn't long before sirens was heard in the distance approaching and that's when Tesla took her leave realising she had no time for getting caught up in interviews, giving testimony's, eye witness statements, etc.

As she flew back to Sandra and the others she couldn't help but think how pissed Batman was going to be. Dude already seemed to have an uneasy relationship with the other heroes. She reached back to where the HQ had been, by now Jon was already healed. "Hey I''m back, I did all I could for the survivors. Authorities were in route by the time I left. How's Jon doing?"

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 4:37 pm

"His condition has stabalized for now, but we've agreed not to do anything further with him, till we get to Asgard, where the Asgardians can better handle him and restrain his power then just about anyone else on this planet." Morgan said in response to Tesla's questions, while the formation of the teams was being finalized with three of the groups heading to their destinations leaving only behind Kara & Sandra, the last two group leaders who wanted to conevy and figure out who of the remaining heroes would make up the last members of their two teams.

Kara approached Tesla and held out a hand to shake with hers. "I've heard lots about you Tesla, even though we haven't worked much, I think you'd be a good fit on my team, especially considering my goals for them, which will include tackling Intergang, and finally putting Edge behind bars so he can't harm anymore metas, based off his previous MO I'm quite sure the emergence of millions of new metas means nothing but dollar signs for that bastard who took the liberty of kidnapping you to profit off your powers against your will, and no doubt is doing the same to many of these new metas, preferably the non homicidal ones as he don't seem the type to pick hard battles." Kara wasn't insulting Tesla of course, merely pointing out that Edge was a slimy bastard snake and a coward, not wanting to target metas who were destructive killers, but ones who probably wanted to keep to themselves or otherwise weren't brutal without reason as they'd be easier to capture & manage."Oh and I've heard what you did for my nephew, thank you so much and don't feel bad about waiting to bring it up, considering the circumstances I think you made a stellar choice" Kara meant that Tesla not immediately going to spill the beans about his turning to XK at first while being hunted by Brainiac/Luthor's fusion wasn't a bad thing, but opting to speak once his behavior had declined into a mesh of angry outbursts that could endanger the team and the public made sense.
Kano was on Asgard, glad to be rebuilding their kingdom after the recent global fiasco with Lexaniac that had dragged them into the battlefield once again. He wondered if his choice to be non involved was a good one, but right now the world was a mess, and the last thing he wanted to do was cause an internatational incident. He found his wife after getting a message from President Kent. "Tanya, my queen Clark has invited us to a UN summit, so Asgard can be confirmed as an established and legal nation on this planet. I think we should take this opportunity, after all even on the old world with the likes of MRD we were able to establish a peaceful relationship with the other nations, with Superman as the president it should be even easier, that's why I've chosen to stay out of herorics for now, you think I'm making the right choice for asgard and our people?" Kano questioned especially with the manifestation of millions of metas, he knew the heroes would have their hands full, but outside of Perpetua & other global dangers like Galactus or Lexaniac he thinked they needed to be neutral.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 5:47 pm

Tesla acknowledged Morgan's comment pleased Amy had made it in time and shook Kara's hand and listened as she explained her team's goal. "Trust me I know from first hand experience how much of a bastard Edge is. Being locked in a cell is frankly too good for him, he deserves to be forced to do hard labour. But it is how it is, if being jailed is his punishment then I'll take what I can get." Obviously Tesla still resented what that man did to her, but her words also indicated she wasn't going to go all vigilante on Kara either. At the end of the day getting Edge off the street and bringing Interang's operation crumbling down was all that really mattered. "So yeah I'm onboard Supergirl. And to be honest while I'm never one to shy away from even challenges that are clearly out of my league. I think I'll be more effective in aiding you then Phoenix in her quest this time."

Kara went on to express her gratitude and tell Tesla she'd made the right choice regarding Jon to which Tesla simply replied with a gracious "Thank you" feeling like there was no need to drag this particular subject. While she did wish she'd done this before Jon overdosed, seeing what became of that. It was a relief knowing his friends and family weren't mad that she had waited. At least they had made it in time to save him.

-----

"I think so" Tanya confirmed to Kano. "It's like I told Sandra when she tried to invite us into space. It's one thing to request our aid against a global scale threat. I know you thought of me being a little harsh towards her, but I was merely being truthful as she was becoming dependent on us. Just like how Clark isn't involved in day to day heroics as much anymore, me and you are queen and king, as such we have our own responsibilities towards Asgard and it's people. As per this UN Summit it does sound like something we should attend. Being able to get Asgard established as a legal nation would be huge for us."

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2023 11:48 pm

Kano was glad that Tanya supported the choice he, or rather they had made. As his queen they were a team, a democracy if you will, which was no surprise considering in their past human lives they were both mutants & Americans, so it made sense they'd adopt the political ideals of their original country/political system. "You are right Tanya, I don't know why my faith in our belief and plan for this new world wavered even for a moment." Kano was glad he had his woman by his side in this new world, feeling she was his rock, and he wouldn't be able to take on everything they were facing on DC earth without her at his side. "I'll make sure to let Clark know we will be attending, as with the empire falling, anything the Light decided about our status is no longer relevant, but the UN will serve as instrumental to us maintaining our status on this planet." Kano finally finished.
"I guess I'll be joining you too then Supergirl, I still feel bad for not being around to save my girl when we got to this universe, but the next best thing is shutting down the bastards that held her hostage to pimp her powers out for free diamonds." Chu spoke signaling that he was joining Kara's ranks, and with that the memberships had been established for the final two groups those being Phoenix's and Supergirl's, thus all five squads were now complete and acquired everyone they needed.

"I'm glad to have you Tesla, and you two Chulance, both of your powers and experience in the field will be very useful, not to mention as humans with powers having you two out and about will help with the mission to show the public a positive perception of metas." Kara said with a smile although she knew the HU people where mutants rather then metas, that would be far too much to explain to the public, not to mention she had no idea what the timeline was like, nor what could change it, but speculated as the mutants were from another world, that announcing their extra worldy status to the public would impact the timeline as being from another world, there was a chance these events didn't originally happen, or maybe they did, but until they could confirm otherwise it was best not to push it. "Oh and you two and everyone else on my team can call me Kara if you'd like, and I'd like you all to give a warm welcome to Joel. He's kryptonian as well, and new on this planet, he was one of the people living in my mother's city of kryptonian survivors known as Argo, the other surviving group of Kryptonians outside of the city Kandor which Brainiac had shrunk and kidnapped, and of course the worst of all Zod & his army imprisoned in the phantom zone. " Kara gave a brief lesson of krypton's history of the three major groups that had survived, and for most of Clark's life time he was thought to be the last kryptonian, until her arrival on earth in which she was thought to be the second surviving kryptonian, until the discovery of those three groups later in both of their lives. With her team being complete, they were teleported courtesy of Sandra to her huge place, practically & in all honestly actually a mansion in size.

Unlike her previous modest home, she'd decided to dig into the large sums of money the United Empire had paid her to purchase this place both for her privacy, and to have a place for any alien refugee's who needed a place to stay, although Joel was the only alien refugee technically she was still fufilling her original goal as many of the HU people here had nowhere to go as well. "Welcome to my not so humble abode." Kara said a bit shy, as she'd never been one to live lavishly, so she was a bit embarassed at owning a mansion especially since she'd gotten the money to do so working for Luthor for two decades despite recognizing he was evil during her time with the original justice league, and foolishly being tricked into thinking he was reformed like most everyone else once he became president.

Back to top Go down
Marvel
Mod
Mod
Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 1:46 am

"We hardly see you anymore son we're just worried, please call more and let us know how your doing, I know you were thriving well with the job Mr. Wayne gave you, and in light of his awful passing I just want to ensure your not going down the wrong path." That was from Terry's mother, a voice that warmed his heart, as well as that of his younger brother. He hadn't meant to abandon his family, and in fact planned to help them with the money from Wayne's trust fund.

However he wanted to keep them separated from his life as Batman, however he still had to remember to live his life, something that would continue with college enrollment, something Lena had actually signed him up for, she'd taken up life at the Wayne manor, in truth she seemed happy to never leave the grounds with the whole world in turmoil from the actions of her brother, it seemed the public's focus had washed away from her, and now had a laser like focus on her brother, now the most notorious dictator in human history, with a mountain of crimes against humanity on a global scale, but also now cementing himself in history forever as the man who went down as the final president in history, before orchestrating world war 3, and starting a global empire, that united all nations for over two decades, which proclaimed world peace, albeit as more and more stories came to surface without Luthor's global reign as the Magistrate to restrain the media, it was anything but that for billions of people on the planet especially many if not most residents of countries outside of North America, who had been effectively turned into second rate citizens.

"You know as much as I hate the Light, and any and all motherfuckers who are still fighting to retake control of the world, I have to wonder how the world will look decades from now or even one decade, after all as a united population we did finally manage to join the intergalactic community, many of whom had a singular leader that reigned as the highest authority on their planet." Terry found himself shocked to voice such thoughts, especially after everything the Light took from him, most notably the life of his father for daring to question Luthor's lies, and prod others to secure real truths about the world and lift the veil behind numerous "conspiracies" that were passed along among the global citizens of the United Empire.

"Look whatever happens, the world is better without my brother leading it, and that's something I know for sure, and I'd feel the same way even if I hadn't sat by at his side for the past two decades watching him "Lead" and simply based it off of everything I knew about him prior to becoming the Magistrate, he's the ultimate example of a sheep in wolf clothing, a liar, it's no surprise to me that many christians & other religious people assumed he was the ultimate evil incarnated predicted by their holy books." Lena went on to say, giving a rather non dashing review of her wicked brother, without having to even be explicit, it didn't matter, from what Terry had heard, & seen from Lex her words only caused him to ponder on all the negative things he did know for a fact that Lex had done, or ordered over the years which included authorizing the Light to assassinate his father for trying to expose many of those actions, and bring them into the light, at the forefront of the global public community's minds to show his true colors.

"Your right, I'm surprised you didn't get mad at me, for me once again trying to indirectly test you by asking questions or making statements about Luthor, the empire, or the light." Terry confessed to his surprise, maybe he was starting to feel some type of way about Lena that wasn't entirely negative.

Lena could only smirk. "So is that another way of you vaguely answering MY question about whether you think redemption is possible for me, or out of reach? Lena said as she finished examining Terry's suit, and picked up a photon rifle with a purple hue inside, and stepped towards Terry pressing it against his chest, he winced in pain as she'd pushed against a spot that was sore from his fight with Shriek. "Oh and unfortunately I haven't been able to reverse engineer even a less potent form of the purple Ray from Lex's notes on the Amazons, in fact without better schematics or an actual look at the device that wouldn't be possible, although I could have configured a device to do it's opposite and further wound someone based off there present injuries, such as yours, but according to your not so hidden cliff notes you already knew that, so I guess this was another test huh, pretty foolish one to make, especially considering the beat up shape you came back home in after your fight with that sound manipulator Shriek was it?" Lena dropped the ray gun into Terry's hands getting closer to him into his private space as she spoke effortlessly pushing him backwards causing him to stumble onto the couch behind him. In doing this he instinctively reached forward grabbing at Lena's hips unintentionally pulling her causing her to land on him.

"Uuuf wow Terry, if this is your way of answering, I can say it's less subtle then your other answers." Lena teased knowing that Terry had probably loss co-ordination, but still took advantage to comment on the situation with a rather sultry tone.

"Hah Hah funny Lena, but I don't think our relationship has reached this stage." Terry said non chalantly as Lena wrapped her legs around his and got closer to him.

"So your planning on it reaching this stage in the future Batman." Lena spoke so close to Terry he could smell the fragrance of her perfume, and feel her warm breath washing over his face. For a moment the bat vigilante seemed entranced but snapped out of it lifting her up standing up himself and setting her down on the couch.

"I don't have time to get seduced by you, or anyone else for that matter right now, Gotham's in too much peril for me to divide my focus on anything of that nature" Terry concluded shutting down Lena's sultry advances, although for the briefiest of moments he realized he'd done little to stop her advances, or his own participation. As if at a crossroads he froze for a moment before seemingly settling on his own words, and walking off to his private quarters of the wayne manor.

Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 12:19 pm

"Hello Joel" Tesla said to the newcomer Kara introduced. She had seen Joel at the Galatus battle, he was actually the one who recovered Sandra and brought her to the rooftop. Between Galactus, then the TBI then Jon, Tesla really hadn't much time to learn about this newcomer until now. "Hello Tesla" Joel said in reply, having been listening to ongoing conversations and picking up on some names. "The forces of Earth had done so much liberating us Kryptonian's from the captivity of Zod. I look to do all I can to repay the favour and help the Earth with their issues."

After some brief greetings were out of the way Kara's group was teleported to her place. "Damn Kara, you've been putting those United Empire paychecks to good use" Tesla commented in an impressed, yet slightly playful tone having picked up on the Kryptonian woman's shyness. Tesla then followed up with "This is legitimately great though Kara. It looks like you'll comfortably be able to accommodate all of us."

-----

With the other teams sent off Sandra took her group and teleported them to Asgard, arriving to greet Tanya shortly after Kano left to confirm plans for the UN Summit. Sandra and Tanya walked up to each other sharing a handshake. "Thanks for allowing us to stay on Asgard." Sandra said graciously to her friend. She had already contacted Kano & Tanya as soon as their names popped up in conversation to see if this arrangement was OK with them. Tanya spoke "Of course we're always willing to help a friend. Remember however you are just residing here. We are not involved with your business with this TBI unless they make us involved by threatening Asgard or even us directly." Sandra understood, these were after all the terms they had come to. Amy came up also greeting Tanya and shaking her hand "Queen Tanya, so nice to meet you again." While Amy wasn't entirely sure on Tanya when she first arrived, the Asgardian in her mind has certainly showed her true colours by now. It was a shame Tanya and Kano could not be more active as heroes, but she understood the two had responsibilities to their kingdom just like Zeus and the other Olympian gods have responsibilities to their kingdom as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate DC Uprising   Alternate DC Uprising - Page 37 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate DC Uprising
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next