Yellow Flag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of HU

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 11:05 pm

One of the classic hip hop songs from the 90's, even those more into rock where at least aware of and heard this song before. Sandra and Katy along with the rest cheered as Tesla more so just gave a smile. "Alright I'll call us even on that one. Now how about the country girls show us what they got? Unless of course, you two don't have anything good." Sandra was surprised, Tesla had obvious put her and Victoria on the spot. Looking over Victoria seemed surprised as well. However neither was willing to let Tesla get the better of them and took stage.

They talked quietly between them for a moment, Tesla was likely expecting some slow sappy mood killer of a song, and had some smug retort ready. However the girls was had kinda expected a call out for liking country, and while on short notice they soon came to a agreement on a song. "Alright Tesla we see your game and we aren't going to play ball. We're jumping the 00's with this one and going right into the 2010's"

The music kicked up again with Victoria taking lead.

(Victoria)
Hey
Yeah the boys are back
We're gonna hit this town
Been a long time coming
Been a long hard time
Gonna smoke some
Gonna drink some
Gonna find a little trouble
If not we're gonna make some

(Sandra)
Rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling
We gonna throw it on down
We rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling
Yeah you better watch out

(Victoria & Sandra)
Here comes, here comes the thunder
Storms a coming, better run for cover

(Victoria)
If the tomboys lined up
Whiskey on the rocks
Get the girls all wound up
Lemon drop shots
Gonna play hard
Gonna take names
Gonna last dollar gone
Yeah, we're gonna make it rain

(Sandra)
Yeah

(Victoria & Sandra)
The boys a coming, better run for cover

(Sandra)
Side by side
Is how we roll
Raise 'em up high
Look out below
Side by side
Is how we roll
Raise 'em up high
Yeah here comes, here comes

(Victoria & Sandra)
We gonna throw it on down
Better look out, better look out

(Sandra)
Hey

(Victoria & Sandra)
The boys a coming, better run for cover
Storms a coming, better run for cover

(Victoria)
Side by side
Is how we roll
Raise 'em up high
Look out below
Side by side
Is how we roll
Raise 'em up high
Yeah here comes the thunder

(Sandra)

The girls did a great job making the song their own, some minor lyrical tweaks like changing boys to girls. Sandra did great playing secondary vocalist and supporting Victoria. Sticking it to Tesla they picked a song that kept things upbeat and even added in a full performance and dance to the number.

Previously owned - Playstation, Nintendo 64, XBOX, XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 3:01 am

Tanesha and Tyrone cheered on their girlfriends as the two girls performed. Once they finished and everyone was applauding. Victoria suprised Sandra and hugged her, carefully. " Thank you " It was one of the first times the two girls felt comfortable around each and could say they were friends, putting all the issues of the past behind them.

" Good going miracle whip " Riku said to Tesla " Half assed messy antics mending friendships between two white women, you must be proud "

" Now fix that damn party city wig, its lopsided " Tanesha put in, making Riku laugh.

"  Hahaha, bitch i'm next weak "

Emmet writing furiously in his notebook, all these performances were inspiring him for future performances, diferrent pairings and such. He was knocked out of his thought process when Kano tapped his shoulder.

" Wise Emmet, we have not yet heard your heavenly tunes this night "

" Yeah, should have the top singer put on a show " Garfield added

Emmet smiled " Well if you all insist, but i'd like to continue our current theme of team performances. Adrian and yes Tesla, dawling you seem quite rambunctious tonight, come join me and put that energy to good use "

" Thats certainly a word for it, messy is another one " Riku said from his spot in Kano's lap.

" Considering how messy yo ass is, you'd know " Tanesha tossed out as she hugged Sandra.

" Sorry I dont speak simple minded ho, please translate this to either bad bitch or boss beach, my only languages " Riku grinned " I swear you bitches need to step your pussies up if you wanna tangle with the queen of petty! "

Tanesha rolled her eyes good humordly " Bitch the only thing you is shit, trash, and thot "

" And hows that instagram model career going? I know your shopt skills are on point, bitch "

As Riku and Tanesha were being petty and shady, Emmet explained the song they would be performing  each persons role. Adrian nodded along, he needed to get his head back towards his goals, obtaining power and not some petty, sexy, all too fascinating demon. Tesla was ready, she could sense the challenge Emmet throwing at her, he was far too good with not only his words but expressions, even if he was saying something nice, it could be interpreted as an insult. He was as subtle as Riku was blatant. Her part in this performance demanded range and high notes, but she was confident she could pull it off, she would pull it off. After putting other people on the spot, it was her turn for it.

Emmet faced the others " We will be performing Not getting married today " from the musical Company " Adrian was facing Emmet who was looking forward, Tesla was behind the two.

Tesla:
Bless this day
Pinnacle of life
Husband joined to wife
The heart leaps up to behold
This golden day

Adrian:
Today is for Amy
Amy, I give you the rest of my life
To cherish and to keep you
To honor you forever
Today is for Amy
My, happily, soon-to-be wife

Adrian sang to Emmet smiling all the while, Emmets expression was more tense, his smile was not quite genuinely, and barely contained nerves.

Emmet:
Pardon me, is everybody here?
Because if everybody's here
I'd like to thank you all
For coming to the wedding
I'd appreciate you going even more
I mean, you must have lots of better things to do
And not a word of it to Paul
Remember Paul? You know, the man I'm going to marry
But I'm not, because I wouldn't ruin anyone
As wonderful as he is
Thank you all for the gifts and the flowers
Thank you all, now it's back to the showers
Don't tell Paul, but I'm not getting married today

Tesla:
Bless this day
Tragedy of life
Husband yoked to wife
The heart sinks down
And feels dead
This dreadful day

Adrian: Amy, I cant find my good cufflinks!

Emmet: There on the dresser....right next to my suicide note!
Listen everybody, look, I don't know what you're waiting for
A wedding. What's a wedding? It's a prehistoric ritual
Where everybody promises fidelity forever
Which is maybe the most horrifying word I ever heard of
Which is followed by a honeymoon, where suddenly he'll realize
He's saddled with a nut, and want to kill me, which he should
Thanks a bunch, but I'm not getting married
Go have lunch, cause I'm not getting married
You've been grand, but I'm not getting married
Don't just stand there, I'm not getting married
And don't tell Paul, but I'm not getting married today

Go! Can't you go?
Why is nobody listening?
Goodbye! Go and cry
At another person's wake
If you're quick, for a kick
You could pick up a christening
But please, on my knees
There's a human life at stake!

Listen everybody, I'm afraid you didn't hear
Or do you want to see a crazy lady fall apart in front of you?
It isn't only Paul who would be ruining his life
You know, we'll both of us be losing our identities
I telephoned my analyst about it, and he said to see him Monday
But by Monday I'll be floating in the Hudson with the other garbage
I'm not well, so I'm not getting married
You've been swell, but I'm not getting married
Clear the hall, 'cause I'm not getting married
Thank you all, but I'm not getting married
And don't tell Paul, but I'm not getting married today

Tesla:
Bless this bride
Totally insane
Slipping down the drain
And bless this day in our hearts
As it starts
To rain

Adrian: Today is for Amy
Emmet: Go, can't you go?

Adrian: Amy, I give you the rest of my life
Emmet: Look, you know
I adore you all
But why
Watch me die,
Like Eliza on the ice?

Adrian: To cherish and to keep you, to honor you forever
Emmet:Look, perhaps
I'll collapse
In the apse
Right before you all,

Adrian: Today is for Amy, my happily, soon-to-be wife
Emmet:So take
Back the cake,
Burn the shoes
and boil the rice.

Look, I didn't wanna have to My adorable
tell you, but I may be coming Wife.
down with Hepatitis, and I
think I'm gonna faint, so if
you wanna see me faint, I'll
do it happily, but wouldn't
it be funnier to go and watch
a funeral, so thank you for the
twenty-seven dinner plates,
thirty-seven butter knives,
forty-seven paperweights,
fifty-seven candleholders--

Adrian:
One more thing--

Emmet:
I am not getting married!

True Notes:
Amen!

Adrian:
Softly said--

Emmet:
But I'm not getting married!

True Notes:
Amen!

Adrian:
With this ring--

Emmet:
Still I'm not getting married!

True:
Amen!

Adrian:
I thee wed.

Emmet:
See, I'm not getting married!

True Notes:
Amen!

Adrian and Emmet:
Let us pray Let us pray
That we are getting married That I'm not getting married
Today! Today!

True Notes:
AMEN!!!

The performance was a whirlwind, Emmets vocals were as perfect as ever, but this was a literal performance. A song about a woman having major second thoughts about getting married and Emmet embodied it. Going from being nervous to hysterical and frantic, pleading with the audience to leave so he could get away, all while Adrian came in and professed how happy he was to be wed. Tesla, for her part was an observer in the choir, commenting on the state of wedding and it's gradual decline, it was intense at times, but her voice was up to the task, at the end she felt like she'd even more as a performer. Emmet singing was in a fast pace as the song demanded, he sang the lyrics quickly, yet with a smooth flow that everyone could keep up with.

Everyone found themselves  caught up in the performance, almost forgetting this was once real life and joining in at the end. Once it was finishd, Emmet took Adrian and Teslas hands led them in a bow to thunderous applause, pulling them both into a hug.

" Dawlings I have sung that song many times with different people, but I daresay this is the first time i've really captured the spirit of it, thank you for that! "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 am

Sandra was surprised when Victoria hugged her but smiled warmly. Sandra realized things wasn't the best between the two, but hoped this could be the start of a great friendship. Victoria has been a loyal True Note though many struggles now, and has been supportive of Sandra for a while. It was starting to feel wrong to hold onto past grudges, and while unexpected Sandra was in a way thankful to Tesla for giving herself and Victoria something to try together.

After clearing the way for the next performance, Sandra made her way over to Tanesha where she got hugged again. As Tani and Riku proceeded to throw pettiness at each other Sandra simply lowered and shook her head slightly, still smiling and now amused. After all this time and she was still trying to get used to Riku.

"All it took was having the right people at your side" Tesla adored the applause and maybe while not saying it outright, she was grateful Emmet gave her that spotlight. Tesla's drive to get that top spot was still strong as ever, and a performances like this vindicated how far she'd come. While she'd never admit Emmet was still better, having that benchmark to shoot for good. The drive to be #1 kept Tesla ever improving with each performance.

In the crowd Sandra and Katy where fairly impressed. For as much talk as she does, there was some semblance of weight to at least some of what she says. Tesla was by no means a bad performer, but this could very well be her best performance yet. And as always Emmet was amazing, to pull off all those quick lyrics. Sandra was sure many people must of tried this song and fumbled their notes, it was by no means a easy one to pull off but Emmet did it flawlessly as usual. Actually flawless summed up this performance well as Sandra found herself without one negative thing to say towards any of the 3 performers.

Back to top Go down
True Grave

True Grave

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 5:56 am

Scott saw Kiya coming and opened a Fire Path so that they could get the help out of there. Once Kiya, Scott, and Ledge were all through it, he closed it behind him. The other end of the Fire Path opened to place them in New York City, well out of range of the fallout. Scott turned to Ledge and shook his hand.
"Thank you for your help. Good luck in your travels."
While he did this, he knew Kiya would find a way to clean off the radiation. Once she did, they would head to Shadowgreen in order to report and clean up the mess.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 pm

After getting decontaminated it seemed to be back to Earth 1 as Scott wanted to report his mission to his superiors at Shadowgreen. They stopped by the apartments beforehand to get Kiya some cloths and as they headed towards Shadowgreen the surreal feeling of it all set in. Kiya's life had always been about the job. Go here infiltrate this place, go there kill these people, etc. Her humanity had been taken from her years ago and she was just a tool to serve government bidding. But now she was actually free, not just in Earth 1 but in 616 as well.

Back to top Go down
True Grave

True Grave

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Scott took Kiya to his house and got a clean shirt for himself while she got new clothes. After they had the clean clothes, they took a Fire Path to Shadowgreen. Visor, the mutant guarding the front gate, scanned them and made sure that they weren't carrying any weapons, though it was just a formality on Scott's part. Scott took the elevator with Kiya to Madame Shadow's office. After introducing Kiya, he explained the situation.

"We have cyborgs that must be retrieved before others get their hands on them. I also brought two more advanced cyborgs that need to be rebuilt as allies to Shadowgreen."
After the lengthy talk, Madame Shadow had the parts of Bill and Melina taken to the Robotics area. The Shadow Force would handle clean-up of the factory with Scott and Kiya as their guides, but first, the fallout would have to be cleaned up. Kiya was asked to show where the factory was and a biohazard clean-up team was sent there.

It would take time for the fallout to be cleaned up, so Scott and Kiya were invited to rest up while they waited. Scott thanked Madame Shadow and shook her hand before exiting. Once back in the lobby, Scott turned to Kiya.
"So, we've got some time to kill. Would you like a tour of Shadowgreen?"
The school was big, so to see it all would it least kill plenty of time if they had to wait overnight.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 7:49 pm

When they was changing Scott instructed Kiya to leave her weapons at his place as they wouldn't be allowed in Shadowgreen. After going to Shadowgreen and explaining the situation Kiya and Scott was left with nothing to do but wait. He asked if she wanted a tour of the school and Kiya accepted. It was always a good idea to collect data on your surroundings and understand how things worked. One never knew when such details would come in handy.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Cordelia gently tucked Cassandra into her bed, the girl certainly wasnt lacking in energy. Several movies, bags of popcorn, and makeover later she was tuckered out. Cordelia's gaze lingered on the sleeping girl for a moment, she smiled sleepilly, innocently. Cordelia could barely recall a time when she was like that, all bright eyed and innocent, looking forward to what life had to offer.

She shook her head, ridding herself of pointless thoughts, she was a grown woman, of power and station and she intended to stay that way. She entered her office and went straight to the bar, she started pouring a glass of wine when she felt a presence enter the room " Good evening white king "

She turned and saw a shadowy sihoute by the window, to took a seat and sipped her drink " To what do I owe this visit? "

" Just checking up on things, your latest report was quite fascinating. As you know we once considered using a clone to harness the phoenix force, but found quite dissatorus results. It seems this Darren sheets was no different, though his clone is as perfect as can be, this Cassandra "

Cordelia shrugged " Well the conditions for it werent able to be met, we know the Phoenix force tends to favor psionics, strong ones. But simply being that isnt enough to catch its attention, much less harness its power. Whatever it is Sandra and Emmet have, cant be duplicated so easily or at the least we simply lack the means "

" True, Then why keep this Cassandra around, if I may ask "

Cordelia smiled around her glass " Call it a mothers whim, its been a long time since I was onek, perhaps I simply want a shot at getting it right this time, is that a problem? "

Neither of this believed this talk, it was fairly obvious based on the report that while Cassandra could not host the phoenix force, she was still a potential omega level mutant like Sandra, it would be foolhardy to dismiss such a potent weapon.

" Of course not, what you do in your spare time is up to you, as long as you not forget our grand design "

" Of course, to that end I am still training Sandra and subjecting her to certain....stimuli, all is going towards her growth and eventual asscention, our asscention. Emmet is still in his cage, I am doing my part and trust the rest of you are doing yours "she took another sip, waiting to hear his response "

We are, the Hellfire club is ever moving, ever spreading influence. The Red King is quite annoyed at the moment, one of his cyborg factories was recently attacked and he apparently lost some valuables "

" Oh, how sad for him " Cordelia didnt bother to hide her amusement " And the Red Bit-I mean Red Queen? I trust her businesses are going smoothly, please send my thanks for the slave she gave me, he's been quite enjoyable "

The White King nodded " They are going well for her indeed, as with the White Queen. There is another matter we must all be wary of however....The Code:Breakers, they have not taken kindly to there leader being captured, they are being kept at bay for the most part, though remember to keep your guard up "

Cordelia frowned, she'd forgotten about Emmets merry band of murderers and thieves, to her knowledge none of them had the power to challenge her, though that was just to say what she knew and not what was " I'll be sure to let the Black King know as well, sofar things are going fine and shall remain as such, this is my kingdom afterall, nothing happens here that I dont Ok " she smiled haughtily, confident in her claim.

" Excellent, till next time, our group meeting is coming up "

" See you all then " Cordelia looked up and the silhoute was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

" Well dawlings, since tomorrow is the last day of the festival, what do you say we all enjoy it together? " this idea was meeted with great approval, with that agreed on, they made plans for the next group training and everyone headed back to their rooms for the night.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 am

Before leaving Sandra gave Emmet a quick reminder that she still wanted to meet up with him in the morning before the group all headed out together. Not having checked up on him in a bit, she still wanted to see how his telepathic control was going. While Sandra's powers where growing steadily, she seemed to be a natural in keeping it under control. However she realized not everybody could take to it so easily and if Emmet was having any problem, hearing thoughts he didn't want to hear or such, Sandra wanted to offer some kind of help and support. She also wanted to speak to him about the Phoenix, to let him know what it was they where both dealing with.

After returning to their rooms Sandra and Tanesha cuddled in bed together, talking about this or that until they fell asleep. Katy and Tesla would return to their respective rooms as well curious about what the next day had in store for them.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:40 am

The following morning, Emmet was sitting in a breakfast themed cafe, enjoying a cafe machiatto drink as he waited for Sandra. He was feeling quite invigorated, attributing to last nights activities. It was strange, once he'd gotten to his room, he'd fallen asleep but woke up barely an hour after and felt rested and very aroused. Leading to him calling on Noah and Adrian to spend the night with him.

He smiled thinking about those activites.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 am

Waking up the next morning Sandra got ready to head out to meet Emmet. She let Tani know where she was going and that she'd meet back up with her later. Heading out Sandra made her way to the cafe where she and Emmet agreed to meet. Spotting Emmet she headed over and greeted him, giving him a huge before taking a seat across from him. Happy to have some time together they started out with some small talk, discussing relationships and how things are going, just some general chat as Sandra ordered herself a hot chocolate. After getting her drink and tipping the waiter, Sandra would change the direction of their conversation.

"While I'd love to chat all day, we have plans with the others to really send off this final day of the festival in style. So I say we get down to real meat of the reason as to why I wanted to meet up with you. Firstly, as one telepath to another I wanted to check up on you to see if you are alright or if there are any problems I can try to help you with. Secondly, I know we are both still trying to understand this Phoenix, and I wanted to share with you as much as I know. If nothing else, it might at least give you a little more insight on what this power is. So, shale we start off with subject one? With me dying and the kidnapping, and tournament... and festival... it's um been a while since I last checked up on you."

Emmet could tell Sandra felt terrible about not helping her friend along as much as she would of liked to since his telepathy started coming in. "So how have you been doing. Having any problems with your secondary power?" From what Sandra believed, fire was Emmet's main power. That's what he had when they first met and what he used to beat Troy. Telepathy was his more recent secondary ability he was still trying to get a handle on.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am

Emmet smiled warmly and reached out, squeezing Sandra's hand gently " Dawling your words mean the world to me. But you need not worry or feel bad. You have your own life to live and enjoy, I dont begrudge you that. Truth be told I mostly prefer to achieve things on my own, it isnt always easy to admit that I might need help with something, so I thank you for your offered assistance "

He sat back and took a sip of his drink, before becoming serious " To answer your questions in order, my newly awakened telepathy is rather erratic at times, i'll catch glimpses of thoughts and emotions when I dont wish too and as you saw yesterday, crowds can overwhelm me. Other times I'm fine and while not having it completely under my control, have it leashed enough to not make day to day tediums too difficult "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 3:15 am

"Is there anything that's been bothering you?" Sandra would ask. She didn't intend to pry on Emmet's personal life, but having a calm and focused mind played a big part on keeping these kind of things under control. If there was something stressing Emmet out, it could be causing Emmet to slip. Sandra herself didn't seem to be facing these problems, she'd get some random thoughts time to time when she wasn't careful about what she was doing, but she can't recall her powers overwhelming her. However Emmet did seem to be primarily a fire user, so these abilities might not come as naturally to him.

Back to top Go down
True Grave

True Grave

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 11:55 pm

Scott nodded and led Kiya to where his old room was.
"This used to be my room."
Since classes were going on, he could open the door and show her the beds and desks that resembled a college dorm room.
"It was nice enough for the time I was here."
Scott then took her to the elevator and went down to the Shadow Force floor. When it opened, they could see a command center that monitored mutant activity in every major city in the world.

"This is the home of the Shadow Force, charged with protecting mutants and others from those who would hurt them. Each member is a close personal friend of mine, and they're well-known for being skilled and efficient."
After a brief tour of their impressive technology and spartan living arrangements, they took the elevator back up to the lobby. With plenty of time to kill, he could show her other parts of the campus.
"Of course, the real jewel of Shadowgreen is the Combat Dome near the Gym. Want to check it out?"
Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:06 am

Emmet thought for a moment, stress wasnt something that he normally had to deal with, even in the groups most dire situations he'd managed to remain calm, calculated, and in control. But....had his thoughts with Dave and Garfield effecting them. He was certainly acting in a manner that was unbecoming of him, blaming Dave for his feelings, he had every right to feel the way he did, pointless as it was. Bugt they were his feelings and had no bearing on Emmets own life.

Yet, they seemed too, this was going to a place that Emmet hadnt been in a long time, he'd locked his heart away and swore off love. But it was starting to look like love wasnt finished with him and he would no longer be able to ignore it " It is possible I suppose. Thank You Sandra youve certainly opened up a new avenue for me in this. Now onto the main subject at hand "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 am

Sandra waited calmly as there seemed to be a moment when Emmet was in deep thought. When he spoke again he thanked her as it would seem Sandra had given him something to consider. "Your welcome. So, now I guess it's onto the Phoenix Force." Sandra would call back starting off with Karen, and the moment she died. Though the story she's proceed to tell Sandra would explain that this Phoenix Force, it isn't a mutation. Instead, the Phoenix seems to be some kind of cosmic power or entity. Sandra explained how when they die, they don't die in a traditional sense. Instead they are taken to this White Hot Room place until such time as the Phoenix can rebuild and restore their bodies. Sandra explained that during her time away the Phoenix took a form, for Sandra she appeared as a young red haired girl, but Sandra didn't know if the entity would take the shape for Emmet.

Sandra continued on explaining she was able to watch everything while she was away, other things her and Phoenix talked about, what happened to everybody memories during that time, and her revival to the living a week later. Sandra had never talked this in depth about the Phoenix before, not even to Tani. But she felt Emmet deserved to know. In regards to this Phoenix power, she and Emmet was in this together. It just seemed wrong to leave him in the dark. Sandra finished up her story and awaited Emmet's response. "So that's it, that's everything I know so far. Yet I feel like we're still only scratching the tip of the iceberg."

-----

Kiya found it interesting they could monitor mutant activity in major city's all over the world. That could potentially be helpful one day. They'd go though the control room when Scott mentioned some type of combat dome. She agreed to checking it out curious what this thing was all about.

Back to top Go down
True Grave

True Grave

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Scott led Kiya past the gym building to the building where the Combat Dome was kept. Inside, she would see the large white dome with two entrances hooked to a control box resembling an announcer's booth above them.
"This is the Combat Dome where sanctioned fights and grudge matches are settled here. It was necessary to keep the students from destroying the school with their powers. It can contain the power of Omega-class mutants and other even more powerful beings, allowing them to fight at full power."

Scott gestured toward the top ten list of Shadowgreen fighters, with his name at the very top at over 1000 wins. This would explain all of the scars that Kiya had seen on his body earlier.
"I had my fair share of battles here, and still remember how I got each and every scar on my body. I refer to them as badges of honor, helping me to remember where I came from and where I'm going."
Scott headed for the exit, looking over his shoulder.
"Want to check out the residential buildings?"
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Given all she'd seen Scott take on, it wasn't to surprising he had the most wins. To get up to 1000 though must of took years. He certainly seemed dedicated. She responded "Sure" to Scott's question and followed him as he lead the way.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 1:39 am

Emmet listened intently as Sandra explained what she knew about the phoenix force based on her experience from dying. It all sounded like it was running along what he'd deduced, that the phoenix force was more then a simple mutation and seemed different from magic " A cosmic entity hmm " yes that was it, this power certainly felt otherworldly, more then that like it was at the center of something bigger then them " Ah, I remember now. During the incident in Riku's horror house, Tesla and I came across a young girl, her name....Mien I believe it was. Something about her seemed off to me and during the end when I vanquished that deplorable pig demon, I saw her smiling "

He wasnt sure why he'd forgotten that, was it the phoenix itself? " Indeed, theres still so little we know. The one key thing we can be assure of it is powerful, no beyond powerful. It is also coveted by many, the list seems to be expansive " Emmet smiled apologetically " You seem to suffer the most for it dawling and I am trully sorry for that " Aside from a few off instances, Emmet was largely left unnocosted because of his connection to the phoenix force, Sandra was the coveted one, because she held a stronger connection? That seemed to be it " But going forward I will do all that I can to insure you arent brought to harm " he said with convidence that hoped he could back up.

" We should also be careful with this power itself, so far the downsides to it is simply being drained from the strain of using it, with time, application, and growth we can overcome that. But we need to take into account other downsides we arent yet aware of. Gods and cosmic entities, as a general rule, are capricious and unpredictable. We know not yet what the phoenix force is or what it wants, simply to be used? or someone to use, make sure your thoughts are always your own, your intentions those of your own desires "

He spoke with a great insight that suprised them both, Emmet wasnt entirely sure where this was coming from, but it was certainly sound " For the time being we should look at is as neutral party. Now, with this power weve both felt a massive rush of energy and with it the phoenix's fire, but do you believe it's actually fire? "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:08 am

Sandra smiled warmly as Emmet promised to helped Sandra avoid any further harm. She wasn't sure if he could hold true to those words, but just knowing he was always there for her truly meant a lot. "Thank you Emmet." Emmet would go on to speculate about the phoenix, admitting that he to had seen Mien. He would give some very insightful and sound advice related to the still unknown motives of this Phoenix. When he asked her if she thought the Phoenix fire was truly fire, Sandra was at a bit of a loss. "I um, I don't know honestly. It doesn't seem to act how fire would generally act, but this isn't really my area of expertise. I would think you would be better suited answering that question given your mutant powers."

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:42 am

Emmet held out his hand and summoned a ball of fire, making it hot enough for Sandra to feel the heat coming from it. He closed his his fist, then opened it again and summoned more fire. Sandra could sense that this time it was phoenix fire, curiously there wasnt any heat coming out this time.

" Seemingly the same but vastly different in structure and makeup, it's more so the concept of fire " Emmet explained " I noticed this last night, that lookng past it's combat capability, it doesnt function like normal fire " He gestured to a waiter who brought over a clear pitcher of water. Emmet promply the hand holding phoenix fire into the pitcher. Through it they could see that the fire was still going.

Emmet pulled his hand out, dried it, and extuingished the flames " I believe this goes back to the phoenix force being a cosmic entity. A phoenix is a mythical fire bird, once it reaches the end of it's life, it burst into flames and dies, from it ashes it springs to life anew. Life and death, that is what the phoenix stands for and it seems the same holds true for the phoenix force itself. I believe this cosmic power was influnced by the legend of the phoenix and shaped itself around it, its abilities being similar to it "

He ran a finger across the pitcher in contemplation " This cosmic power takes the form and properties of fire, while not losing it's key form. It's possible to shape it into something else, cosmic water, cosmic lightning, cosmic earth, hmm the list goes on really, then theres whatever powers that can be used, but im getting ahead of myself "

He summoned the waiter back over " I've always found pancakes and such conversations go hand and hand " he ordered a stack of pancakes with a side of bacon and hashbrowns.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 3:34 am

This was all getting to be so much more then Sandra had bargained for when she joined this school. Yet Emmet also made it all sound so intriguing. Sandra watched as Emmet showed off and explained the differences in normal fire compared to phoenix, as well as the myth of the phoenix firebird. He explained about life and death and different types of forms this power may take. "So basically, the phoenix fired caters and bends to the will of the user, taking any form one desires? Then in reality would it be more fair to say the phoenix is a form on energy, rather then actually being a form of fire?"

While the Phoenix seemed to take the shape of fire in it's natural form, but the way Emmet was talking Sandra felt like it acted more like energy of some sort. Emmet would call the waiter back to order some food, that really did sound good now. "Um may I get get a sausage and egg breakfast wrap? Thank you." Sandra wasn't opting for a huge morning, just something to put a little food in her stomach. "Pancakes are pretty great" Sandra commented in response to Emmet.

Back to top Go down
shinigamiriku

shinigamiriku

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 1:01 am

" Exactly dawling " Emmet said as the waiter left " I have it on word from Riku that Phoenix's do in fact exist. The phoenix force appears to be a sentient mass of energy, if I had to guess the name of the phoenix came to it out of personal interest " the phoenix force learned of the mystical fire bird and based it's appearance and abilities around it, or so Emmet theorized. Though it certainly seemed logical or as logical as could be applied to this power source.

" As time goes on doubtless well learn more about it, For now lets just take it one day at a time " soon the waiter came back with their orders. Emmet tucked a cloth in the front of his shirt and poured a good amount of syrup on his pancakes, before deftly cutting into them with his knife and fork, taking a bite and savoring the flavor.

-------------------------------------------------------

" We've confirmed that the base, no the entire island has been destroyed. Were still fishing out torn up bodies. Whatever attacked the base, did so without mercy "

" Hmm, I see and can it be confirmed if Darrel is still alive? "

A woman in her earlie seventies was sitting at a desk, nursing a cup of coffee while one of her subordinates was giving her a briefing. Her steel grey hair was pulled back in a tight, yet neet bun and she wore an expensive looking pantsuit.

" I'm afraid not maam, too many bodies too comb through "

She took a sip before responding " And his project? What of this Sandra Fuller? "

The man looked through a tablet for a moment " From what information we could gather by going through Genosha database and camera network, she's on the island still. We believe Darell Sheets was indeed able to have her secured and taken from the island, but something went wrong and it ended with Sandra escaping and the island as well as the mercenary forces being annihilated, maam "

Agnes Sheets mulled over this information. Darrels plan had been airtight, was it the woman they hired to secure Sandra? No plan was ever without the possible hiccup as nothing was 100 percent guaranteed for success " I see, then as discussed, we move onto plan B "
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Mod
Mod
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 am

"Taking it day by day is really the only option we've got" Sandra said while unwrapping her wrap before taking a bit. "Honestly I feel like things could be worse. Whatever this Phoenix motives are, at least it doesn't seem to be patient, letting us grow into this power at our own pace. It doesn't seem to be trying to control us."

After a few minutes of eating Sandra spoke again. "Emmet I've been meaning to ask. I know you are still figuring things out yourself, but going by your performance in the tournament it's obvious you are taking to this Phoenix better then I am... which makes it even weirder as to why everybody keeps coming after me, not that I by any means wish harm upon you. Trust me I in no way wish you was in my shoes, I'm just saying it's strange. But, back on topic. When you get some free time, would you mind giving me some guidance into wielding this Phoenix.?"

While Sandra knew Emmet was certainly not a pro, he fought both Karen and Tie in very competitive matches, and seemed to be able to wield the Phoenix's fire/energy stuff to a more competent degree. In comparison Sandra could only manage to draw forth the Phoenix in very limited dozes, usually leaving her unconscious after a matter of minutes. She also didn't really understand how to control the flames that well and just used the Phoenix's energy to buff her mutant powers. This has to a certain degree worked somewhat up to this point, but Sandra knew one day she'd meet a enemy she couldn't put away quickly and then flaw would lead to her death, again. Sandra didn't even really care about learning the fires, she was just hopeful Emmet could guide her to summon this Phoenix without having it overwhelm her pretty much right away. She was just looking for any kind she could get in all honesty.

Back to top Go down
True Grave

True Grave

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 am

Scott led Kiya to the residential building.
"This is where all of Shadowgreen's citizens live, and they work in the adjacent building."
He turned to Kiya.
"Some have been born and raised here, and some cannot blend into the human world. I want to create a world where all can coexist. I believe that someday intolerance and prejudice against mutants will be ended enough that there won't be any need for barriers between our worlds."

Scott walked over to a window and gently took Kiya's hand in his.
"Enhanced humans like us are the bridge that will connect those worlds. I know that I will see positive change soon."
He regarded Kiya for a moment, looked into her eyes, and smiled.
"Things got hectic back on Genosha, but maybe we can finish our date now. Want to get something to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)   Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3) - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes Uprising: Alternate Universe (Thread 3)
Page 21 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next